PDA

View Full Version : HELP!: Chainsaw Like sound coming from the Clutch

**DONOTDELETE**
10-08-2001, 05:27 AM
Hi guys. I installed an ACT 6puck clutch recently. Lately the clutch is making this chainsaw like buzzing noise when I'm slipping it in first gear. The clutch seems to grab fine and it drives fine. What's the problem? Thanks in advance.

jdzumwalt
10-08-2001, 07:22 AM
did you use a factory pilot bushing and throwout bearing

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2slowsileighty:
Hi guys. I installed an ACT 6puck clutch recently. Lately the clutch is making this chainsaw like buzzing noise when I'm slipping it in first gear. The clutch seems to grab fine and it drives fine. What's the problem? Thanks in advance.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-08-2001, 08:26 AM
I used the factory bushing. I changed the throw out bearing that came with the ACT clutch.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-11-2001, 08:41 AM
Bump up

**DONOTDELETE**
10-11-2001, 09:26 AM
I also have an ACT 6 puk clutch with the same damn problem.

I was told by ACT that its not a problem with their clutch, and its a problem somewhere in the tranny.

This is true... there are a couple things i have been told.

1- that the harsh engagement of the clutch ruins the master cylinder and a bolt associated with it. Nismo makes an sr20det, if thats what you have, master cylinder and stronger bolt, that will solve the problem. (if that is the problem) These are available at jspec.com

2- Jun makes a reinforced "release fork" for the sr20det tranny, and their website says it is used for trannies with harsh engaging clutches.

I hope I have been of some help... as of now I have not tried either of these possible solutions as my car is in storage.