PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on my project car

Thothie
10-08-2001, 07:50 AM
Hello everyone. I need inputs on my project car. I have at 240 dohc fastback with 175000 miles on it. Is it too risky to rebuild and turbo this engine? It is still running great with some bolton but the mileage worries me. Rebuilding is just for pistons and rods. but with high mileage the bottom end and tranny might have a problem. Is there anyway i can check if bottom end and tranny is in good condition? Not to start a debate or anything but is an SR a better choice at my situation? or can I get KA engine from S14 models. I appreciate your help guys.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-08-2001, 08:02 AM
Well, I'm not the old wise mechanics here. But I personaly would not put a single dime on a 175k miles+ engine. Rather, I would swap for a S14 KA (which is bold on I think - exactly the same engine, anyway), or an SR.

Bewteen both, there has been some interesting and detailed debates on the forum. Personaly, I would go for the KA and turbo it. Easier to find the part you need than with a JDM SR.

My two cents.

Thothie
10-08-2001, 08:14 AM
Thanks for the reply Neurotoxic. Would you happen to know how about should I expect to pay for Newer(S14) Ka motor? What is a high mileage to rebuild? is 120000 miles high for rebuild? Will I need the newer tranny as well? let me know. thanx again.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Neurotoxic:
Well, I'm not the old wise mechanics here. But I personaly would not put a single dime on a 175k miles+ engine. Rather, I would swap for a S14 KA (which is bold on I think - exactly the same engine, anyway), or an SR.

Bewteen both, there has been some interesting and detailed debates on the forum. Personaly, I would go for the KA and turbo it. Easier to find the part you need than with a JDM SR.

My two cents.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>