PDA

View Full Version : JUN intake manifold?

micky_turbz
10-09-2001, 10:12 AM
I think i read sometime back in here about a jun manifold for the sr20det where can i get one of these and about how much? thanx for your help.

97 S14
10-09-2001, 10:15 AM
They're about $2000+++ and JUN says that they need your car there in their shop to make it for you. Just get a GReddy intake manifold for ~$500. Or extrude hone yours out for ~$300.

micky_turbz
10-09-2001, 10:50 AM
ok i think what i should ask is whats the next thing i should get after iget the sr2odet i bought one and i wont get it till december gives me time to save more money im figuring about $8-900 and im confused can somebody point me to some steps for upgrade of this motor the car is fine brake and handling wise for now at least.

97 S14
10-09-2001, 11:22 PM
Do the basic upgrades... intake, 3" exhaust, 3" downpipe, front mount intercooler, blowoff valve, underdrive pulley, boost controller, and eventually you'll need an upgraded clutch.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-09-2001, 11:26 PM
I would suggest that you save some money up for things you don't expect.

It would be good to do things like a clutch and intercooler and bov at the same time as the install. It will save a lot of labor and wasted parts.

Then go with the basics. Exhaust, pulleys, boost controller, etc.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by d240t (edited 10-09-2001).]

micky_turbz
10-09-2001, 11:40 PM
Oh what i forgot to tell you guys is i currently have a ca18det in the car so i have on the car Greddy type-s BOV, Greddy turbo time xs adjustable boost controller (cheap manual type works though) already ordered a spearco core to do the intercooler thingy intake..... hmmm i think thats about it. so ive got most of the basic stuff i think you tell me what about my fuel i had fuel problems with the ca18 detonation i think low fuel pressure was the culprit i dont know. I dont mean to be a bother its just that i thought i knew so much until i came here damn magazines http://www.freshalloy.com/

SRFiveTen
10-09-2001, 11:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by micky_turbz:
gives me time to save more money im figuring about $8-900 and im confused can somebody point me to some steps for upgrade of this motor the car is fine brake and handling wise for now at least.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you plan to upgrade your turbo, injectors, cams etc. in pursuit of serious horsepower, i recommend power fc and fc commander.
if you have a factory engine harness coming with your motor, the power fc will screw right in to the blue clip.

get your "brain" squared away.
it's like a foundation for engine "tuning".

my two yens.

[This message has been edited by SRFiveTen (edited 10-09-2001).]