PDA

View Full Version : sub frame connector/cross bar ?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-09-2001, 10:48 PM
A while back i remember comming across a post that had to do with some type of bar that ran across the back seat floor board area an connected both sides of the car ? I belive it was from cusco. Well i cant find the post anymore. And i think it was TY's car ? im not sure. Anyways if anyone knows what im talking about can you please tell me what is the actual item im trying to find. If anyone could help me out i'd really appreciate it.

I think the post was called "How practical is your car" i have found that post but its been deleted cause it wont show up for anything. so.. im not sure if taht was it or not. Anyways thanks again.

Thanks,
Robert

10-09-2001, 11:18 PM
Rear Cross Bar (RXB), made by Do-Luck.

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
10-09-2001, 11:23 PM
The item you are looking for would be the Du-Luck RXB (rear cross bar). Concluding from the reviews I have read, this is definitely a worthwhile investment. I'm not to sure on where it can be purchased, however I would contact Takakaira.com, they should be able to handle this purchase no problem. Please email me with your thoughts on the RXB, if indeed you decide to purchase it. Thanks, Craig

[This message has been edited by CRAIG1MACK (edited 10-10-2001).]

ADAM HUTCHINSON
10-10-2001, 05:59 AM
save yourself the money and run a bar under the car frame to frame..just bolt or weld it in place..

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 06:47 AM
That sounds LAME. Weld? How do you plan on removing your driveshaft? http://www.freshalloy.com/

Sometimes these flashy modifications are nice because of their looks too, ya know.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ADAM HUTCHINSON:
save yourself the money and run a bar under the car frame to frame..just bolt or weld it in place..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 06:53 AM
My RXB will be here this week, ordered it from Jspec, I know from talking to TY it makes a substantial difference, my main reason for buying it is it looks sick as hell. Go to do-luck.com, they also have some braces that run underneath the car, across the front and rear, and down the sides of the rocker panels. Really cool stuff.

ADAM HUTCHINSON
10-10-2001, 06:54 AM
well... x-members are for structural support..not to look nice...but if you think a chromed bar running in the back seats looks nice,...vs hidden under the car..then great..go for it...but you end up paying hundreds of dollars for a bar of steel that could be put under the car...and placed in a better position and with stronger material..for much cheaper..

you can place the bar to avoid the drive shaft...or bend around it..

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 07:18 AM
and, dont you have to do the automatic -&gt; manual seatbelt swap to make the doluck RXB fit? I wouldnt feel safe messing with the seatbelts.

Ozone
10-10-2001, 07:23 AM
I have the rear cross bar, had for almost 2 years. I could definetly tell a difference, and would get it again. Do-Luck has some great products, althought I am not sure if all of them would be better than a proper roll cage, which I figure would cost about the same. Anyone care to give their opinions on roll cage vs. Do-Luck products?

for pics of my rxb: http://www.geocities.com/ozone240/rxb.html

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 07:57 AM
Alright thanks alot guys. One last question.. this bar and the other stuff that do luck offers i would assume helps with stiffingin the cassis right ? So would a roll cage do the same ? yes/no ? Adam ? what would you say would be the better option? Im asking because when you think of things to help suspension you usually dont think roll cage. But if one would give just as much benefit then i dont see why not just going that route. Unless the both do significantly different things then i'd go with both ?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 09:23 AM
Does the cross-bar effect up and down movement at all?

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-10-2001, 09:54 AM
Not really. There's enough room left for you and your date to have some of that motion when you moved the passenger seat forward. lol... http://www.freshalloy.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RWPower:
Does the cross-bar effect up and down movement at all?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 10:13 AM
Awesome. I think I'm going to install one, as I've just sighed up for a novice Autocross class. And I wont stop till my car dominates!

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 10:23 AM
One more question; how does the bar connect to the car?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 12:00 PM
Whats the difference between a ladder bar and a standard anti-roll bar?

AceInHole
10-10-2001, 12:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RWPower:
Whats the difference between a ladder bar and a standard anti-roll bar?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ladder bar ties the frame rails together. sway bars "ties" the suspension arms together.

Mav1178
10-10-2001, 12:16 PM
Whats the difference between a ladder bar and a standard anti-roll bar?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same difference between a strut bar and an anti-roll bar.

-alex

cjfast_1
10-10-2001, 12:17 PM
Hey fellas, You've opened a new world for me! All these frame stiffing goodies!!
Can someone give me a list of websites that have all these frame stiffing bars and such for S-13's??? I saw the do-luck.com one, but if you know of others, please share the knowleage.

Oh Adam, can you elaborate on that DIY idea of undercar stiffeners?? Maybe with a illustration or two??

Thanks guys.

Mav1178
10-10-2001, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjfast_1:
Hey fellas, You've opened a new world for me! All these frame stiffing goodies!!
Can someone give me a list of websites that have all these frame stiffing bars and such for S-13's??? I saw the do-luck.com one, but if you know of others, please share the knowleage.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sam @ JSpec has the S13 rear cross bar in stock.
www.jspec.com (http://www.jspec.com)

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 09:55 PM
Thanks for all of the help guys. Just a couple more questions and i'll be done. http://www.freshalloy.com/ Can someone tell me what the floor support bar thats on their site do ? Whats the purpose of it. Also if i was planning on taking out the back seats and getting a real roll cage put in. Would i even want to bother with the rxb ? or actually any of the stuff they have ? If i had a roll cage then would any of the other stuff still have benefits ? the ladder bars? also in the pic that mav posted. what do the traction and pillow tenstion rods do ? and are they only for s14 ?

Thanks for all of the help
Robert.

Mav1178
10-10-2001, 10:12 PM
Here is another picture from the October '01 Option magazine.

http://home.socal.rr.com/mav1178/Cars/doluck.jpg

-alex

Mav1178
10-10-2001, 10:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Epitome:
also in the pic that mav posted. what do the traction and pillow tenstion rods do ? and are they only for s14 ?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is for chassis code SW20, Toyota MR2.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 10:26 PM
Cusco makes both traction rods and tension rods. The traction rods are one-piece units that tie the upper arm in the rear to the lower arm. Only for drag racing. The tension rod is just an adjustable replacement for the OE unit, much like the Stillen piece they sell for Zs. Eliminates the rubber bushing, allows for exact adjustment of toe and wheelbase.

BioSehnsucht
10-10-2001, 11:01 PM
In the pic, it looks like they kept all the interior when installing that roll bar.. ?

Mav1178
10-10-2001, 11:03 PM
http://home.socal.rr.com/mav1178/Cars/MyCar/DoLuck1.jpg
http://home.socal.rr.com/mav1178/Cars/MyCar/DoLuck2.jpg
This is on my S13.

For S13, the rear cross bar will require you to either relocate the shoulder belt retracting mechanism, or get manual S13 CDM seat belts or retrofit to S14 seat belts. I have S14 seat belts on my car.

As for structural bracing, nothing works better than a properly built/welded roll cage. The Do-Luck bars are the next best thing if you don't want to lose any interior panels or sacrifice interior space.

What *DOES* help are the Do-Luck front/rear ladder bars. They are the same bars that Adam is describing, and it is made by Do-Luck, copying the chassis braces that come standard on the S15. I recently installed my front ladder bar, and it has made a DRAMATIC difference in chassis stiffness. The car is so stiff now, I've finally realized how stiff my springs really are and are starting to regret using them for street use. Ow.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
10-10-2001, 11:26 PM
Looks like the RXB can be somewhat easily be recreated in any machine shop...given proper dimensions and all. It's strange that OBX or companies like that hasn't made a copy of this already.

Do you have a pic of the ladder bar? off and on the car? My PDM/ST/AGX Onevia is already really tight at the corners...kinda hard to imagine if it is possible to stiffen it up some more.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mav1178:

For S13, the rear cross bar will require you to either relocate the shoulder belt retracting mechanism, or get manual S13 CDM seat belts or retrofit to S14 seat belts. I have S14 seat belts on my car.

As for structural bracing, nothing works better than a properly built/welded roll cage. The Do-Luck bars are the next best thing if you don't want to lose any interior panels or sacrifice interior space.

What *DOES* help are the Do-Luck front/rear ladder bars. They are the same bars that Adam is describing, and it is made by Do-Luck, copying the chassis braces that come standard on the S15. I recently installed my front ladder bar, and it has made a DRAMATIC difference in chassis stiffness. The car is so stiff now, I've finally realized how stiff my springs really are and are starting to regret using them for street use. Ow.

-alex<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mav1178
10-10-2001, 11:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240craze:
Looks like the RXB can be somewhat easily be recreated in any machine shop...given proper dimensions and all. It's strange that OBX or companies like that hasn't made a copy of this already.

Do you have a pic of the ladder bar? off and on the car? My PDM/ST/AGX Onevia is already really tight at the corners...kinda hard to imagine if it is possible to stiffen it up some more.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, the cross bar can be copied. In fact, that's what Avanche (the original importers of that bar) did. They copied the bars and made it into another brand name. Unfortunately it wasn't made for S13/14.

As for the ladder bar, I will take a picture of the rear bar soon. The front bar's already on the car, and the rear is going on soon. Here's the Do-Luck ladder bar on a S14:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mav1178/Images/Cars/Do-luck.jpg

The only difference between the S13 and S14 rear ladder bar is that the S13 version bolts on the inside of the frame rail, while the S14 is bolted on the bottom of the frame rail.

-alex

ADAM HUTCHINSON
10-11-2001, 04:44 AM
a roll bar or cage provides much more structural support than these little bars you are looking at.....the amount of stiffness from just a 4 point roll bar is awesome...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-11-2001, 05:18 AM
After messing around in the backseat of my S14, I still counldn't figure out how the Do Luck cross bar connected to the frame. Do you weld it on? or does it bolt in somehow?

Mav1178
10-11-2001, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ADAM HUTCHINSON:
a roll bar or cage provides much more structural support than these little bars you are looking at.....the amount of stiffness from just a 4 point roll bar is awesome...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but not everyone is willing to lose their back seat room like that.

-alex

micky_turbz
10-11-2001, 06:37 AM
im thinking of getting a custom four point built and install it my self which four points should i use

NOSTALGIC_HERO
10-11-2001, 07:23 AM
dont forget about the NISMO cross brace unit that replaces the T/C rod brackets with a one piece unit. It has the same T/C rod brackets as before, but with a bar between the two to make one piece. go to poweraxel, its where i saw it last.

Mav1178
10-11-2001, 08:40 AM
After messing around in the backseat of my S14, I still counldn't figure out how the Do Luck cross bar connected to the frame. Do you weld it on? or does it bolt in somehow?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are two holes in the body where you bolt on to. The two bolts simply locate the bar and prevent it from moving.

The bar itself actually pushes out against the frame of the car, preventing the "shell" of the cabin from compressing/twisting forces.

-alex

[This message has been edited by Mav1178 (edited 10-11-2001).]

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-14-2001, 10:21 AM
My impression of the FLB on S14 is a bit different.

The front end of the car is much more solid, than without the FLB. The feedback from the wheels to the steering wheel is more obvious. Definetly worth the money. It doesn't feel harsh to me. Just very solid.

But be fore warned. On USDM S14, you will need to drill two holes in the frame since the USDM S14 have extra reinforcements for crash protection. What's hard about drilling them, is the lack of room to get a drill in there.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mav1178:

-alex<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-14-2001, 01:35 PM
TY, where did you get your FLB, and the holes you had to drill, are they threaded holes, to mount the bar, or just for support?

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-15-2001, 09:10 AM
I got my FLB through an importer. He should know what to get. He's highly recommended.
http://www.mediawars.ne.jp/~kemkem/index.html

The holes that I drilled are for the locating pin on each side of the bar. The frame has the hole location, but it seems like the USDM cars have an extra plate welded behind it. I had to drill through that plate.

Securing the plates is done via two bolts (one each). This goes into pre existing threaded holes on the frame like Nissan intended to put that bar there.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R240NA:
TY, where did you get your FLB, and the holes you had to drill, are they threaded holes, to mount the bar, or just for support?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2001, 09:49 AM
About these Ladder Bars; once you've bolt/welded them on, haven't you lost your "independent suspension" system? For the track, I'm sure there great; but they do take away the independent wheel effect right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

10-15-2001, 10:20 AM
Ladder bars just connect the frame rails, not the suspension.

Asad

About these Ladder Bars; once you've bolt/welded them on, haven't you lost your "independent suspension" system? For the track, I'm sure there great; but they do take away the independent wheel effect right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2001, 12:39 PM
Cool, e-mailed him now, why didn't you get the RLB also? Lack of fundage?

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-15-2001, 01:45 PM
More like the lack of thinking. Didn't feel that it would make much difference, but now I'm convinced otherwise by the effects of the FLB, I'm ready to go for the RLB, roll bar, Cusco Trunk bar, HKS/Kansai rear frame brace, and possibly even a triangle brace for the door hinge area.

But then again, I'm always day dreaming. But I have to stop spending money on my car... It's getting out of control.

[This message has been edited by '97 S14 SE Turbo (edited 10-15-2001).]

10-15-2001, 02:27 PM
Dude...why don't you just get a full cage installed and be done with it? You'd probably spend less money on a good rollcage than all that other individual stuff, and it would probably work better too. Don't gimme any excuses about needing the backseat or anything...it's useless anyway http://www.freshalloy.com/

Asad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo:
More like the lack of thinking. Didn't feel that it would make much difference, but now I'm convinced otherwise by the effects of the FLB, I'm ready to go for the RLB, roll bar, Cusco Trunk bar, HKS/Kansai rear frame brace, and possibly even a triangle brace for the door hinge area.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-15-2001, 02:57 PM
hehe, hence the day dream part.

Actually, it's more of streetability. Full cage is definetly hard to use daily. Partial full cage isn't as effective as a full cage so it's not worth the hassle, and I don't mind a roll bar.

But some of the braces I mentioned does stuff a full cage couldn't. The FLB, RLB for instance works on area of the frame where a typical cage wouldn't go. Only full (full as in racing) cage would likely address that if it was built for stiffness.

and the triangle bar's (not the trunk one) function can only be taken by having a full racing cage where the cage ties into the strut towers. This bar is installed by removing both front fenders. The brace bolts to the door hinge bolts, and a hole above the wheel arch. This helps tie in the a-pillar/door structure to the engine bay.

etc... (See, it's a better reason than losing the back seat!)

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2001, 04:18 PM
Ahh hell. You've seen the Kansai braces too. I've got those on the top of my wishlist. Along with that Nismo tension rod bracket assembly. I got to rob a bank, this is getting to be too much. Know of an importer on those, by chance? Same guy?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-15-2001, 11:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by '97 S14 SE Turbo:
I'm ready to go for the RLB, roll bar, Cusco Trunk bar, HKS/Kansai rear frame brace, and possibly even a triangle brace for the door hinge area.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can I ask you something? How do you even find out about the availability of these parts (i.e. that such things exist)?

[This message has been edited by qzp (edited 10-16-2001).]

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-15-2001, 11:24 PM
Nope, you are confusing them with anti-roll/sway bars. Anti-roll/sway bars are the ones that attaches to the suspension and limits the independent wheel travel. Hence off roader 4x4 usually have them removed when rock crawling.

Ladder bars are just like it's name sake. It attaches to the frames just like ladder bars do for some of the older muscle cars with body on frame construction. You will often see reinforcements added to those frames to stiffen it up.

Stiff chassis is better for a performance standpoint. the suspension load is taken up by the shocks/springs and not by the frame. This makes the handling feel much sharper, etc.

BTW, it's They're, not there.

About these Ladder Bars; once you've bolt/welded them on, haven't you lost your "independent suspension" system? For the track, I'm sure there great; but they do take away the independent wheel effect right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mav1178
10-16-2001, 12:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qzp:
Can I ask you something? How do you even find out about the availability of these parts (i.e. that such things exist)?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

By having access to pretty much *every* Silvia/180SX tuning book ever published.

Knowing people that have been researching on S13/14 Japanese tuning parts since 1995 helps also.

-alex

NOSTALGIC_HERO
10-16-2001, 07:26 AM
Kansai, isnt that the service that HKS runs, am i correct? anyways, since viewing the do-luck goods, i feel a need to purchase http://www.freshalloy.com/ haha

what about this:

front strut tower bar(that links to firewall in a triangle fashion)

fabricate a removable bracket that goes underneath the transmission (ala doluck front crossbar)

remove front quarter panels and weld additional support to the frame front frame and firewall location

any other ideas?

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2001, 09:28 AM
I could swear I saw somewhere a brace that runs across the headliner, tying into the upper seatbelt bolts, that's adjustable. Anybody else seen this? Wouldn't be too hard to fabricate either, how about just cutting up raw steel piping and welding it to every conceivable spot on the car? I'm joking.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-16-2001, 12:00 PM
That's the Do-Luck roll bar. It also ties into the rear deck.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2001, 12:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Escaflowne:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who makes that type of bar for the 240?

Mav1178
10-16-2001, 12:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Escaflowne:
Kansai, isnt that the service that HKS runs, am i correct? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HKS Kansai is a tuning arm of HKS Japan. They have their own products in addition to the regular HKS products.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2001, 12:36 PM
If there is enough interest, I can set up a group buy... Have to find out price and availability first...

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2001, 02:14 PM
Would the roll bar be in the way of my Nismo RSTB? I got to keep it too. Damn, if I see one more bar or brace I don't have I'm going to scream. Just got off of poweraxel.com, there's also an adjustable Nismo brace that runs right under the radiator. I want it too.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-16-2001, 02:19 PM
More like a shop in Kansai. HKS is the parent company, but they also have tuning shops around the country. There are HKS Tokyo, HKS Yokohama, etc. For some reason HKS Kansai is the most famous for tuning.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-16-2001, 02:23 PM
Dunno. It looks like the rear bars follow along the rear glass.

hehe, guess I won't show you the triangle bar that goes under the two front fenders, nor the super fancy RSTB for the RPS13 that ties into the pillars as well.

Some stuff can also be welded to the rear subframe to make it stiffer too.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R240NA:
Would the roll bar be in the way of my Nismo RSTB? I got to keep it too. Damn, if I see one more bar or brace I don't have I'm going to scream. Just got off of poweraxel.com, there's also an adjustable Nismo brace that runs right under the radiator. I want it too.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
10-16-2001, 02:32 PM
Oh, show me those triangle bars, please! I'm good for a scream, c'mon. I absolutely love all this stuff, weather it does anything or not, it's all so sick. I got a price on the ladder bars, now I got to get some dough.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2001, 08:42 AM
Anybody know if Tanabe's Sustec Under Brace has an application for S14?
Thanks.
http://www.rd-tanabe.com/

95 S14
10-17-2001, 08:50 AM
hey Russ could you forward me the info that you have found thus far... looking for BARS myself!! If anyone else has info as well email me or IM me thanks

z77z280z@aol.com

-britt

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2001, 10:08 AM
i know that Cuco makes their "D-Shape" front strut bar...but im trying to locate a nismo front strut bar or a Veilside one....(Cusco is played out)

can anyone point me in right direction? or if they know where i can get a TBO strut bar fro early model S14

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2001, 10:10 AM
i know that Cuco makes their "D-Shape" front strut bar...but im trying to locate a nismo front strut bar or a Veilside one....(Cusco is played out)

can anyone point me in right direction? or if they know where i can get a TBO strut bar fro early model S14

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2001, 10:12 AM
does anyone know if the TEIN Adjustable Tension Rods are good?

Rcs476
10-17-2001, 10:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nox240:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhh, how can something functional and quality be played out? It's not like stickers or IS300 style tailights, it's a performance (err suspension) modification. Not a fad.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2001, 10:18 AM
maybe so...but im tired of everyone opening up their hoods and i see "cusco" in my car club there are 5 cars with cusco...so i guess im trying to walk the path less traveled.....

**DONOTDELETE**
10-17-2001, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nox240:
maybe so...but im tired of everyone opening up their hoods and i see "cusco" in my car club there are 5 cars with cusco...so i guess im trying to walk the path less traveled.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best idea: make your own

Demon

ta2maki
10-18-2001, 12:12 AM
[QB]
what about this:

QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they have that. tomei makes it , i think.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jinoue/TomeiSuperTowerBar.jpg

**DONOTDELETE**
10-18-2001, 07:53 AM
Nox240, I've looked hard at the STBs, the Cusco D-shape, Nismo, and Kansai all look identical, just offered in different finishes. I bet they're all from a common manafacturer, so you could powdercoat any of them and call it what you want.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
10-18-2001, 07:24 PM
I highly believe that CUSCO makes all that.

SilviaDET
10-19-2001, 06:11 PM
Another option or shall i say an additional option is to use the structural foam injected into the frame rails and other cavitys in the car, like they used on SCC's 300zx, the manufactuares site is http://www.itwfoamseal.com/automotive_aftermarket.htm order a case and share it with a friend http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 06:27 PM
NO, that structural foam is evil. It will trap water in and rust out your frame where you can't even see it. It may say it's waterproof, but water WILL find it's way in. Just check out some of the Detamoso boards, that stuff was big with them back in the 70's until people realized it was rusting their cars out.

On another note, does anyone know where to buy a triangle front strut bar like pictured above. Thanks, Ben.

**DONOTDELETE**
10-19-2001, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rcs476:

Uhh, how can something functional and quality be played out? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohmygawd, I wouldn't be caught *dead* wearing Cusco after Labor Day!!!!1 http://www.freshalloy.com/

NOSTALGIC_HERO
10-19-2001, 09:54 PM
after labor day???? okay, anyways, nice shot on the triange brace! where can i sign up?

haha thanks http://www.freshalloy.com/

BioSehnsucht
10-19-2001, 10:20 PM
That's the Do-Luck roll bar. It also ties into the rear deck.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

any ideas on how much that would be, if there's one for S13, and whether it can fit on top of the interior trim just fine?

s14rhd
07-12-2006, 09:57 PM
So is it worth getting a Doluck RXB??? I have found one locally for my s14. Thanks

Flybert
07-12-2006, 11:34 PM
WAHAHAHAHAHAA, is this a record for the oldest thread ever revived?

RDM_II
07-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Has to be, my old screen name is (was, but deleted) on this thread. I feel like a dinosaur reading through that.

Yes, the RXB make a noticable difference, worth the money if you're paying used prices. I had to special order one through JSpec before DoLuck had a US distributor, killed my bank account for a month.

s14rhd
07-13-2006, 02:32 AM
Thanks yeah I think I can pick it up for about $130 us. PS was a mission searching for this as they call them Room bars over here. :)

nmap
07-13-2006, 05:11 AM
holey christ. this may have been one of the first posts i ever read on here.

BEXE
07-14-2006, 07:00 PM
hey check out splparts.com they have a ****load of reenforcement stuff like this for s13's and s14's i have bought quite a bit from there, and everything they carry has been great quality and quick service

RDM_II
07-15-2006, 11:44 AM
hey check out splparts.com they have a ****load of reenforcement stuff like this for s13's and s14's i have bought quite a bit from there, and everything they carry has been great quality and quick service

Welcome to Earth. We all know this, hence this post being as old as it is. There was need for you to reply and add something remedial like the above.