PDA

View Full Version : Who here plays poker?

vedubin01
01-25-2004, 10:51 PM
Ive been playing for sometime now and started playing on the partypoker.com web site. I have won some mad money in just a few days worth of play. I do not recommend this to all because it can be addicting but for those that like to play its great fun. You can also play for free so if you are not into betting then its just some good fun. If you like to get into this let me know I can sign you up and get you an extra $25 just for making your first deposit of $50 bucks or more. But I must send you an email before you sign up for an account!!!! But again Im not pushing this on anyone and you can play for free!

Let me know love to play with people with same interest. They have a online chat also so you can talk crap while you play!

Later!

HyJynX
01-26-2004, 01:43 AM
I love poker, mostly play texas hold em(limit). And i dont play on party poker, i play on pacific poker. You need to be over 21 to gamble online dont ya? Sadly im 18..

vedubin01
01-26-2004, 01:00 PM
its 18 let me know that is what I play as well!

psypher22
01-26-2004, 01:29 PM
i play:

7-card
5-card
3-card
2-card (no limit texas hold em)

im not that good at any one of em.

HyJynX
01-26-2004, 02:32 PM
im not that bad at hold em...still learning things every time I play

vedubin01
01-26-2004, 02:42 PM
Its quite fun and the partypoker has online chat also so it can be fun talking [censored] as you play. IF any of you would like to get in, I can send you an email and if you ever deside to play for real money you will get an extra $25 real cash the minute you make your first deposit of $50 or more. But I must send you an email before you sign up to get that deal.

But you can sign up if you are never going to play with real money and play for free anytime you want!

HyJynX
01-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Its quite fun and the partypoker has online chat also so it can be fun talking [censored] as you play. IF any of you would like to get in, I can send you an email and if you ever deside to play for real money you will get an extra $25 real cash the minute you make your first deposit of $50 or more. But I must send you an email before you sign up to get that deal.

But you can sign up if you are never going to play with real money and play for free anytime you want!

Later on i might wanna start playing for real, and probably go to party poker.

armalite
01-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Aren't there restrictions on how you can collect your money? I once did this but also some off shore betting and I got out of it because the paying off sucked. Not that I won much but I did win maybe a couple of hundred bucks throughout my time there. No thanks, I'm done with that stuff. I'll invite my buds over to play some poker on my poker table.

vedubin01
01-26-2004, 03:24 PM
You do have to pay the house a fee to collect. Its based off winnings and the losses counteract that if you have a loss. Its like a transaction fee. When you play in Vegas to be nice and kind of the house rules per say is that you tip out 10% of your winnings. Every time I win I tip out to the dealer. Kind of my way of saying thank you. Also its nice to make friends with the dealer. They work for tips just like a waiter. But if I won $800 and had to pay out $80 to the bank that is still $720 more than what I started with in the first place. Also you get a form to fill out over a certian amount of money to claim for taxes as income. That is $600. You will get issued a 1099 for the amount you won. And you will have to report that as income. Trick is to cash out under 600 everytime unless you hit big at one time and there is no way around that. Partypoker.com is based in Canada. I have not cashed out as of yet but have won 1123usd in the last 3 days of play with only starting out with $50 + the $25 I got for signing up. Started at the .50-$1 and now playing at the $5-$10 tables. Its all progression. And LUCK! Im sure there will be a time if I continue to play that I will start to loose and have to put more money into the bank to play. But with poker you can somewhat choose your battles and the odds are not all that bad. Anyway think of it as a night out on the town. Most the nights I go out my bar tab is more than $50. And its gone when I come home. But here I have a chance of walking home with more than I started and I still had a good time in playing! So Win Win in my book!

MiamiGrinch240
01-26-2004, 05:46 PM
Been watching the World Poker Tour on tv for a couple years now. I love to play Hold em (with a limit of course)

I'd say I'm pretty good. If I ever get $10,000 to mess around with u can bet your a$$ I'm heading to Binions for the WPT. Man that guy Chris Moneymaker lived the dream... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jedmonds
01-26-2004, 05:54 PM
Poker??? I didn't even know her??? sorry couldnt resist.

vedubin01
01-26-2004, 06:34 PM
Been watching the World Poker Tour on tv for a couple years now. I love to play Hold em (with a limit of course)

I'd say I'm pretty good. If I ever get $10,000 to mess around with u can bet your a$$ I'm heading to Binions for the WPT. Man that guy Chris Moneymaker lived the dream... http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well this is the partypoker tour and you can win a chance to play on TV via this and I think its up to 3.5mil. If your good you can do it for only $200 to get in the game.

Take a look and let me know, love to play, free or real money. Again get with me and I can start you off with $25usd in the bank!

boldenmd
01-28-2004, 08:20 AM
I used to have a regular weekly game when I lived in New Orleans. It was tons of fun. We had about 20 people who'd get together and drink and smoke and lie and play poker. We'd have three or four tables going at a time. Ah, the good ol' days.

armalite
01-28-2004, 08:41 AM
There's six of us who have been playing together for over 20 years now.

KenFuji
01-28-2004, 07:29 PM
i used to play texas and 7 card stud. did a couple of local tournaments. there is a lot of pro's here in AZ

too bad binions got shut down.. i wonder where the wsp will be next year...

MiamiGrinch240
01-28-2004, 08:00 PM
I like "Screw your neighbor" anyone played that?

HyJynX
01-28-2004, 09:02 PM

http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MiamiGrinch240
01-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Screw Your Neighbor:

You each put two piles of money in front of you. Usually two stacks of a dollar each. Everyone gets one card and keeps it to themself. The object is to not have the lowest card by the time everyone has to show.

The person who got dealt to first decides if they want to keep the card or trade with the person next to them. The person next to them has no choice but to take the card given to them, and give their card in trade, but, they can repeat the same thing and trade with the person next to them and so on... once it gets to the last person they can either say "I'll keep it" or take "Deck" which then the next card off the top of the deck is now their card. Of course you want to take deck if u end up with a 2,3,4,5
6 and 7 are the borderline cards that you must take time to think about. Now if everyone says "I'll keep it" right from the bat then you just all show with no trading.

While playing, if someone trades with you and gives u a higher card then u had just stop there because you know you are no longer the lowest card. Whoever the lowest card is at the end puts one of their piles into the pot. Once both of your piles are lost and put into the pot you are out of the game. You keep repeating this until the pot has grown and their are only two players left. Winner take all. When the last two are left they are each dealt a card. Just like the rest of the game the player dealt to first can either keep it or take the deck.

This is definately one of my favorite games next to playing Hold em.

Enjoy!

BrianS
01-29-2004, 12:44 AM
screw your neighbor

ive only played that as a drinking game

only difference is the dealer is the last in the chain, and has the option of taking a card off the top of the deck to replace the one in his hand if he does not like it

MiamiGrinch240
01-29-2004, 03:29 AM
That might be how it goes... I forgot exactly. Super fun game though.

armalite
01-29-2004, 05:24 AM

Just played that a few weeks ago at the end of our Fantasy Football party at my house. Because it was the last game of the night there were 9 of us in and we had 3 piles of $3.00. I was second out http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/frown.gif Nice pot though. That is a fun game. I remember we used to play Jacks better, trips to win for the last hand and that could go on forever, F your buddy is faster and bigger pot http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

armalite
01-29-2004, 05:28 AM
Screw Your Neighbor:

You each put two piles of money in front of you. Usually two stacks of a dollar each. Everyone gets one card and keeps it to themself. The object is to not have the lowest card by the time everyone has to show.

The person who got dealt to first decides if they want to keep the card or trade with the person next to them. The person next to them has no choice but to take the card given to them, and give their card in trade, but, they can repeat the same thing and trade with the person next to them and so on... once it gets to the last person they can either say "I'll keep it" or take "Deck" which then the next card off the top of the deck is now their card. Of course you want to take deck if u end up with a 2,3,4,5
6 and 7 are the borderline cards that you must take time to think about. Now if everyone says "I'll keep it" right from the bat then you just all show with no trading.

While playing, if someone trades with you and gives u a higher card then u had just stop there because you know you are no longer the lowest card. Whoever the lowest card is at the end puts one of their piles into the pot. Once both of your piles are lost and put into the pot you are out of the game. You keep repeating this until the pot has grown and their are only two players left. Winner take all. When the last two are left they are each dealt a card. Just like the rest of the game the player dealt to first can either keep it or take the deck.

This is definately one of my favorite games next to playing Hold em.

Enjoy!

Everyone plays these games differently and we are no exception. In our version the Ace is the lowest card you can get and if you are dealt a King you have to show it and whoever has the lowest card is screwed because you can't trade it. I love when someone trades a Two to me and gets my Ace, "I'll stick with this card" http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif