PDA

View Full Version : Sr doesnt start after install????

SR_PILOT
01-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Ok heres the deal..Installed redtop into friends 91 240sx. Havent hooked up o2 sensor yet. and the wiring is just sitting everywhere. but hooked up..anyways i remove the fuel pump fuse to prime the turbo..cranks over just fine..did that a couple times..than put the fuse back in.. and told him to start it..but it would just crank, not start up. tried it a couple times, it started turning over better and better..but wouldnt fire up. I reset his ecu..made sure everything is hooked up..Only think i can think of is his car has HUD. i had to cut all the wires and change clips and there are 3 wires total that are not hooked up becuz their isnt a matching wire. He has gas. I couldnt really hear his injectors..Do you think its spark..Oh and there is a missing ground from the firewall to the head.

damesta
01-28-2004, 07:52 PM
Checking for fuel and spark would definitly be the first step.

KenFuji
01-28-2004, 09:09 PM
double check timing and that the fuel line is not rev.
pull the spark plug right after you crank to see if your getting fuel first.

SR_PILOT
01-28-2004, 09:55 PM
i doubt the lines are backwards..but ill double check..

audaxpowder
01-28-2004, 10:31 PM
Be careful too... reversed fuel lines can be a huge pain. I lent a hand to working an SR that had been installed with the fuel lines reversed. Pressure built and built and built while the car was cranked over and over but never started. Finally we noticed the fuel lines were backwards. I pulled of them loose and PFFFSHHH... fuel right in my eyes at high pressure. Even worse was that the gas was very old... maybe 1 to 1 1/2 years.

kazuo
01-28-2004, 10:40 PM
HUD has nothing to do with it....

Most of the time when this happens its because the fuel lines are reversed. Happened to my buddy as well.

Check timing, check fuel lines, check for spark, make sure fuel pump works.

Good luck