PDA

View Full Version : Clutch/ACSD Fuse...what does it do?

Jimmyg41
02-02-2004, 02:45 AM
I was just wondering what this fuse was for. I know it's kinda a stupid question but does it bypass having to push in the clutch to turn the car on? It just popped into my head right now and I thought I'd ask you guys.

asad
02-02-2004, 08:50 AM
ASCD = Automatic Speed Control Device = cruise control. My guess is that it drops you out of cruise control if you press down the clutch.

Asad

wanabe_dorito_esx
02-02-2004, 11:45 AM
it's a relay triggered by the clutch switch utilized by the ACDS wutever(cruise) as well as HICAS cars. It throws a signal to both control units, for example takes you OUT of cruise or with HICAS I beleive it doesnt change alignment during shifting etc.

Jimmyg41
02-02-2004, 12:05 PM
My car doesn't have cruise control...but it's nice to know that it's there. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Thanks guys!

RDM_II
02-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Generally, a lot of S-chassis cars are prewired at least to a point for most options. That's why the fuse is there.
The clutch start is handled through the starter relay by the battery (or in the main fusebox on S14s), and can be easily bypassed if that's your ultimate goal.