PDA

View Full Version : Wheels

JRTurbo909
02-04-2004, 01:24 PM
I have decided to make somewhat of a change on my original plans for my car. I am doing a roadrace set-up primarily and I want the widest wheels i can possibly fit on it. I bought some Jun over fenders and I believe these extend the fender about 30mm. At least thats what they say on Jspec.com. Does any one have the actual measurements of these?

Anyways, I am buying some 15 or 16 inch road race wheels that I can get in any size or offset. Whats the widest I could go and what offset would be good to get this FLUSH. I know exactly what I am doin in terms of a set-up, so I just need u guys to help me with the right sizes and offsets for a 10in or 9.5in wheel. Thanks.

Shah

ADAM HUTCHINSON
02-04-2004, 01:38 PM
why don't you measure your car?then give the exact dimentions to the wheel builder

keep in mind depensing on your race series dot R's only come so big in 15 and 16....

s13SRmadness
02-04-2004, 03:07 PM
http://toy4two.home.mindspring.com/offset.html
try using this. measure your car with over fenders and stock wheels on. see how much wider you need to be.
stock wheels are 15x6 +40 btw.
good luck.

s13SRmadness
02-04-2004, 03:10 PM
for instance: if you went with a 9" wide +25 wheel it would stick out 53mm more. you would however have 23mm less clearance on the inside. this may or may not matter to you. (coilovers or not, etc..)

Cr0usEEE
02-04-2004, 04:14 PM
if your going for a road race setup (as in track racing) dont forget that to much tire can make you slower.

How much power you pushing and also are these horsepower courses or tight and twisty???

remember bigger tire = more weight and friction which will slow you down on the straights...and not necessarily help with traction in the corners.

i know plenty of racers in the emra club racing series that wont run over a 225 width tire due to price and reasons listed above.