PDA

View Full Version : Need Help removing S14 SR fuel injectors!!

brent240
02-12-2004, 07:46 PM
I have a S14 SR and I am trying to remove the the stock injectors from the fuel rail. They will turn but will not budge out at all. I know they have a O-ring inside that helps keep them in, but I have never removed injectors before and was wondering if anyone knows a good and safe way to remove them without damaging them.

Thanks,
brent240

Kim_Jong_Il
02-12-2004, 07:53 PM
keep turning them while pulling with even pressure, try not to jerk them out. They are usually in there really tight. Some people use pliers and try and put on the lip of the injector and against the rail to get them out. but be careful about damaging them (unless you are tossing them).

brent240
02-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Thanks I appreciate it. I was planning on trying that next but just wanted soemone else advice.

brent240

KmanSilvia
02-13-2004, 01:11 PM
This is an exercise in using brute force gently. The above suggestion is what I did, except I held the top in a vice and turned and pulled on the rail.
good luck salvaging the old ones... funnily enough mine all came out ok.

Rownan
02-13-2004, 02:18 PM
I suggest you use more of a prying technique then an actual YANKING technique. Get two screw drivers, wedge one under each side of the plastic top, and gently apply pressure. Slow, constant pressure will allow then to pop out without damaging them.