PDA

View Full Version : help please wastegate solenoid sensor

90sr20det
10-21-2001, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drift-otaku:
...all next to the ignitor chip which one is which?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, the one with the spinning black top is the boost control solenoid and the other is the wastegate control solenoid. You don't need that you know...

Ken

KenFuji
10-21-2001, 11:04 PM
how can i tell the difference between wastgate solenoid controllerand the boost sensor?
one is square with two outlets with a knob looking thing. and another one looks like a cylinder with three outlets and the top two for the vacuum. all next to the ignitor chip which one is which?

KenFuji
10-22-2001, 01:28 AM
thanks for the reply

which one is it that i don't need?
the wastegate solenoid or the boost solenoid?
and do i just connect the two tubes together that i disconnect together?

thanks

NOSTALGIC_HERO
10-22-2001, 09:50 AM
you do not need either, just run a tube from your wastegate actuator nipple to the pressurized side of your intercooler piping. (right off of your turbo) or if you can, tap the compresor housing and install a nipple, then run a tube from that nipple to the wastegate actuator.

When you decide to install a boost controller,intercept that line with the boost controller (electronic or manual)
it took me FOREVER to get any information, i even called people that had done it and for some weird reason they had no answers, only answers i got was "just take them out"

thats what everybody does about the two sensors, so good luck.

estevan

blacksr
10-23-2001, 09:54 AM
that won't cause you to throw a check engine code???

KenFuji
10-23-2001, 02:54 PM
thanks everyone for your help http://www.freshalloy.com/ i finally got it lined up the right way. now my engine sounds like a happy engine. i by-passed all of the wastegate solenoid and boost solenoid and re did my boost controller. so far so good.. knock on wood.

ken