PDA

View Full Version : dash is out...need help!!!Searched!!!

needlesksv
03-30-2004, 03:19 PM
I've already searched, but nutting like this was found.
Ok, I was replacing my sr tach into the ka cluster so I can run mph with the 9000 tach. But then when I plugged the wires in the back in. The entire cluster is dead. Well actually the check engine light is always on even without the keys in. The car starts, but the tach and cluster lights are dead. Haven't driven the car, but I'm pretty sure the speedometer is dead also. However-the fuel meter is off the charts(past the full mark) the gas lite is on, the seatbelt light is on (even when seatbelt is plugged in). My signals won't work, but the emergency lights work. My outside lights, stereo, dome light all work. I've already check the fuses it's fine. I've replace the tcu(timing control unit) with another and it's still the same. Are there other fuses, relays, in other places that I should look for? Any ideas will help. A solution would be better. Thanks. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif Just got my car running fine too.

Hugh
03-30-2004, 03:41 PM
That sounds pretty scary. You sure you plugged everything in right?

chris4130
03-30-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm not sure if you can do this but you may have somehow pluged a plug in backwards? I can't remember if it's even possible to do that since I haven't taken mine out in quite sometime but maybe check that?
-Chris

aukalok
03-30-2004, 09:57 PM
So did you remove the entire dash? Or did you just drop the steering column to remove the cluster? Also if you have have 180sx cluster why didnt you swap it in?

Are you sure you didnt mesh with anything else? I replace my whole dash wireing harness, and everything works fine. I cant think of anything by just swapping out the tach.

KenFuji
03-30-2004, 11:27 PM
make sure the plugs that go into the cluster is secure. on my cluster i always have to fiddle with it to illuminate properly when reinstalling the cluster. but once installed i never had a problem with it.