PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time's NOT a charm (3rd SR bites the dust)

91 240
04-05-2004, 09:11 PM
I noticed today that my motor wasn't running quite right. Thought it might have been a bad plug to begin with but after further inspection, nope. The motor felt like it had a misfire. So, getting on the highway on my way home I noticed that ever so unlucky white cloud following me. I picked up a compression tester and went to a friends house to check. Upon first inspection, i noticed a pool of oil right under my intake filter, i pulled the intake pipe off to find it full of oil. The pressure must have been so bad cause it blew through my catch can into the intake, leaving nothing in the catch can. Anyway, the numbers are:
#1 120
#2 130
#3 30
#4 130

Not sure if i got a bad motor or what, but i only put 800 miles on this motor in the 1-1.5 months it was running. The first 400 miles were on dino oil then switched to mobil one. I only drove the car 2 maybe 3 times a week. The car saw 10psi only a couple times and 15psi for one 2nd gear stint (1 second). OH WELL.

I've finally given up on stock blocks. Im not sure how long its gonna take, but a FULLY built motor is the next step.

Avery - "stock block SR killer"

ItzGenX
04-05-2004, 10:45 PM
I have a whole motor being built up at JGY right now with forged internals and hks sleeves. My stock motor is fine as I rebuilt the thing before I even stuck it in for assurance, but I just wanted some more "piece of mind" for when I am going to hit 400-450hp daily driven (with the built block).

gatecrasher
04-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I have a whole motor being built up at JGY right now with forged internals and hks sleeves. My stock motor is fine as I rebuilt the thing before I even stuck it in for assurance, but I just wanted some more "piece of mind" for when I am going to hit 400-450hp daily driven (with the built block).

i think you mean pEAce of mind http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

ItzGenX
04-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Ahhh yes, thanks for catching that one haha.

Enthalpy
04-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Avery,

Sorry to hear that. Give me a call and we'll see what kind of deal i can work you on building a motor for you.

Scott