PDA

View Full Version : Whiteline Polyurethane TC Bushings - Installation Help

**DONOTDELETE**
11-03-2001, 04:36 PM
I recieved my Whiteline bushings they other day. Today I attemped to install the bushings with limited success.

I installed the sway bar bushings without incident (they driver front sway bar bushing is slightly open but it has yet to be torqued properly so that shouldn't be a problem).

However I ran into some difficulty with the TC Rod bushings. I took them to a shop where they pressed the old ones out with ease. However when they tried to press the Whiteline Poly's in it was a no go. We tried everything. Greased them up, vice, press etc. Everytime they would simply pop out of the side. The lip would not compress enough to get into the TC rod. I watched for 25 mins as they fought with the bushing and had no luck. I also gave it a shot. I heated the rods up to 550F and froze the bushing but still ran into the same problem.

Anyone on list who has these installed what did you do to get them in?

Mike
92 LE COUPE

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2001, 01:30 PM
Find a different shop, if you can... I got it done for 5 bucks a bushing, no headaches. You should go somewhere where they are used to working with poly bushings. If there are any offroad shops in your area, you might try them as they use polyurethane a lot. They would probably know of someone that could help you.

Mav1178
11-04-2001, 03:46 PM
I took mine to a local machine shop.

$20 and 30 minutes later, it was finished.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2001, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the help.

I manged to get them in myself with my bench vice. Just needed to learn the trick to prevent them from popping out while pressing. Once I mastered that I was a piece of cake.

Mike
92 LE COUPE

**DONOTDELETE**
11-04-2001, 11:52 PM
Cool, so what was the trick?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 01:21 PM
on un sort of off=topic comment:

if you upgrade your bushings, does it put you in a different class for solo 2 autocrossing ?

**DONOTDELETE**
11-05-2001, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by percula:
on un sort of off=topic comment:

if you upgrade your bushings, does it put you in a different class for solo 2 autocrossing ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty sure that it would move you out of stock class, yes. I doubt anyone would notice or care unless you were nationally competitive though.