PDA

View Full Version : sr20det and the hks super afr opinions/experiences

igotswansons
04-22-2004, 10:23 PM
hey guys.. doing research for a turbo upgrade im planning soon... ive searched and searched about the hks s-afr but some questions were not answered.. i was initially planning on getting an apexi safc so that i could run my z32 maf and 550cc injectors... but then i found out about the s-afr by hks... heres what i know.. the safc has a lil more features and is easier to use since it has a bigger display and more knobs and such... the thing is though, that the hks s-afr has eids which is an automatic anti-stall feature for my atmospheric bov... this is what i need... questions now are ive read that the s-afr can adjust fuel +- 50%.. this is exactly like the safc correct?? secondly, on the safc, u can run a z32 by just putting in a code for that maf.. on the s-afr, how would i program it to work with my z32 maf??? is it just a code like the safc or a automatic learning process that just reads the maf right away??? finally, who has used this on their sr20det and how did u like it?? is it easy to use??? any info is appreciated.. thanks

asad
04-22-2004, 11:24 PM
http://www.apexi-usa.com/productdocumentation/S-AFC2Final.pdf

http://www.hksusa.com/info/download.asp?id=1632#

Read, and learn.

Asad

igotswansons
04-23-2004, 12:19 AM
ok.. read through both of those several times already.. remember, i searched.. do my part.. now after all that reading, couple questions remain.. the safr says it has the self-learning calibration for the air signal.. it isnt totally clear on this though.. so it just automatically knows the maf im using right away?? no code input or anything?? is that reliable?? at least with the safc u can switch maf codes if one doesnt work well.. or is the self calibration actually more reliable?? those manuals also dont provide a lot of personal experiences with the safr... anyone used this b4...???

asad
04-23-2004, 07:46 AM
Basically, the S-AFR doesn't allow you to switch to a different MAF. I'm not sure exactly what the self-learning is, but it's definitely NOT for switching MAF types. Looks like it's basically just to the S-AFR knows the engine's idle parameters (MAF voltage, TPS voltage, and RPM).

Asad

igotswansons
04-23-2004, 11:49 AM
ahhh.. how gayness!! damnit, i really was about to buy that thing too.. was cheaper and had the auto eids stuff too...o well, guess its time to go safc then.. hopefully i can control the anti-stall on that...