PDA

View Full Version : Brake caliper help NEEDED!

deltrr
04-28-2004, 12:19 PM
My right rear brake caliper's ebrake arm is frozen on the full out position. In other words, the arm that the ebrake cable pulls on to activate the ebrake is stuck on the position where the ebrake would be fully pulled. The odd part of this is that the caliper works regularly and the caliper is not always clamped on the rotor. How do I unfreeze it? I was thinking of putting the piston in the full out position and then seeing if it can force it to go in, as when the arm goes in, it should in tern deactivate the piston and allow it to go in.

I don't know if that makes sence, but as of right now my ebrake doesn't work and that is why! Help me! I hope I don't need a new caliper. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif

RDM_II
04-28-2004, 07:15 PM
Unbolt, bang with a hammer, see what happens.

masterbunta
04-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Russ, dammnit man, thats your answer for everything.

Nikeboy355
04-29-2004, 07:43 AM
I had this same problem and bought another caliper... I installed the new caliper and had the same problem of the caliper being locked until I finally figured out that the bearing was bad and causing the rotor to sit sideways which locked the braking system in place... maybe check that to see if this is happening to you... lift the wheel while bolted onto the car and shake it to see if it wiggles...

deltrr
04-29-2004, 08:09 AM
I had this same problem and bought another caliper... I installed the new caliper and had the same problem of the caliper being locked until I finally figured out that the bearing was bad and causing the rotor to sit sideways which locked the braking system in place... maybe check that to see if this is happening to you... lift the wheel while bolted onto the car and shake it to see if it wiggles...

Which bearing?

asad
04-29-2004, 08:44 AM
The wheel bearing.

Asad