PDA

View Full Version : FJ20DET swap??

AceInHole
11-14-2001, 01:36 PM
Just out of curiousity, has there ever been an FJ20DET swapped into a 240sx?? I found a few things like FJ's with a 2.4L stroker kit, FJ's revving up to 9.5K on the stock valvetrain, etc. Just wondering if it's been done before and if there's any info on it.

SRFiveTen
11-14-2001, 04:46 PM
proper engine coding for turbocharged fj is fj20et, no "d" in it.
n/a fj is fj20e.

i believe australia would be the best source for info on fj's in english.

**DONOTDELETE**
11-14-2001, 04:51 PM
i am unfamiliar with the fj designation....from what car does it come from? how old is it?

'97 S14 SE Turbo
11-14-2001, 05:22 PM
S12 Silvia/Gazelle

The FJ was originally built for a racing series that Nissan didn't get to participate in. It's prowness is legendary.

Many will argue that it is the best 4 banger that Nissan has ever built. Some of the R30 Skyline racecars used the FJ motor.

'97 S14 SE Turbo
11-14-2001, 05:23 PM
Yes, it's correct. It's a DOHC, yet the proper code is FJ20ET. It's the only Nissan motor that is twin cam and yet not identified with a D in the motor code.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRFiveTen:
proper engine coding for turbocharged fj is fj20et, no "d" in it.
n/a fj is fj20e.

i believe australia would be the best source for info on fj's in english.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AceInHole
11-14-2001, 06:28 PM
after all the KA vs SR crap i was just looking around for anything else to throw in. just read one aussie site that claimed they could rev up to 9.5k (usually by accident spinning tires in rain he says. . ) there was a bunch of other stuff too, like the availability of a 2.4 stroker kit that made it just like the racing version or something. . . seems like a motor worth getting into. . . if a year of downtime searching for a gasket is cool. http://www.freshalloy.com/
oh well, i always have my KA.

SRFiveTen
11-14-2001, 07:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Who me?:
S12 Silvia/Gazelle

The FJ was originally built for a racing series that Nissan didn't get to participate in. It's prowness is legendary.

Many will argue that it is the best 4 banger that Nissan has ever built. Some of the R30 Skyline racecars used the FJ motor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dr30 skylines did come with fj20et and fj20e as standard option for street trim.
there were early fj20et with no intercooler, and late fj20et with a sidemount intercooler.
diffence in the power output of the two was 190ps to 205ps, that's 15 big ponies with addition of a little intercooler.

fj24 kit is a mirage. such is n.l.a.
fj24 with two 50mm mikuni's powered nissan backed ralley cars back in the 80's.

"bigger is better" concept often perceived in u.s., the fj22 kit offered by numerous tuneshops in japan can easily be overlooked.

fj was never offered in a family sedan, nor powered a frong wheel drive. some would dub the fj as nissan's last/only hardcore four banger.

one of the earliest high speed high adrenalin high performance japanese sports car video produced featured a battle between light green 180sx and white dr30. i vaguely remember the movie, it's been many many years.

one can easily double fj20et's horsepower with injectors, i/c and turbo upgrade.
fj's are still popular in japan, there are plenty of aftermarket support, such as cams, pistons, headgaskets of various thickness.
i have been recommended not to sell mine, one day, my life permitting, i would like to revive the beast from the past, not sure in what chassis, maybe a truck.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: SRFiveTen ]

**DONOTDELETE**
11-15-2001, 11:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRFiveTen:
fj24 kit is a mirage. such is n.l.a.
fj24 with two 50mm mikuni's powered nissan backed ralley cars back in the 80's.

"bigger is better" concept often perceived in u.s., the fj22 kit offered by numerous tuneshops in japan can easily be overlooked.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What’s the word on using a Z24 crank? I've heard it's possible but there are none in existence.

i have been recommended not to sell mine, one day, my life permitting, i would like to revive the beast from the past, not sure in what chassis, maybe a truck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better yet, restore it and put it in a glass coffee table. http://www.freshalloy.com/