PDA

View Full Version : Did Nissan/Infinti Disappointed you

4U4ME
05-31-2004, 12:38 AM
Here is the situation, Nissan let fade Pathfinder and Infiniti let fade I35 and QX4. Is this really a bad business strategy from Nissan and Infinti. May places I have red mmany customers who wanted to buy FW entry level lux cars, Infiniti do not have any car, and they let the I35 go down, and now people who want to buy other than GX470, they do not have another car in infinti line, FX is too retro for some family and no space for cargo. Same thing with Nissan The pathfinder. Is Nissan is following American Big three. Honda and Toyota will not do that.
What are your thoughts...

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php[/img]<INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="10859819344U4ME[/img]

Did Nissan/Infinti Disappoint you
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />No
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons[/img]</form>

Vans
05-31-2004, 01:42 AM
They didn't let the Pathfinder fade, they're coming out with an all new model later this year.... And the retro styling has to do with Infiniti's niche that it's carving out - every company has it's image and when Nissan/Infiniti began to make a comeback it was important that they were going to be known as a car company that emphasizes radical design and high performance.

Deadpool
05-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Here is the situation, Nissan let fade Pathfinder and Infiniti let fade I35 and QX4. Is this really a bad business strategy from Nissan and Infinti. May places I have red mmany customers who wanted to buy FW entry level lux cars, Infiniti do not have any car, and they let the I35 go down, and now people who want to buy other than GX470, they do not have another car in infinti line, FX is too retro for some family and no space for cargo. Same thing with Nissan The pathfinder. Is Nissan is following American Big three. Honda and Toyota will not do that.
What are your thoughts...

I love the FX. Pathfinder is being redesigned. I35 was nothing but a dressed up Maxima so let it go already.

I am, however, dissapointed by all the crappy quality products they are putting out, namely QX56, Titan, Quest and Armada. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif

Madmaster
05-31-2004, 10:44 AM
They may be low quality, but they seem to have alot of content for the buck, and I am impressed by the performance and styling of those 4, for the most part.

HisXLNC
05-31-2004, 09:58 PM
Nope. Not disappointed at all. Actually, i'm kinda glad Infiniti is straying away from the soccer mom/grandma vehicles.

bwalker240
06-01-2004, 09:52 AM
I am, however, dissapointed by all the crappy quality products they are putting out, namely QX56, Titan, Quest and Armada. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tear.gif

Maybe the quest is but the other three you've mentioned are not crap - particularily the Titan.

Deadpool
06-01-2004, 09:55 AM

Maybe the quest is but the other three you've mentioned are not crap - particularily the Titan.

Fine products, crappy quality here and there. Lots of complaints regarding shakes, rattles and general quality control.

Vans
06-01-2004, 10:16 AM

Fine products, crappy quality here and there. Lots of complaints regarding shakes, rattles and general quality control.

True - but I think the majority of the problems lye in the fact of the brand new factory with brand new workers building brand new models. With all three of those problems, there are going to be shakes and rattles and creeks. Hopefully - they can get quality control a little stiffer and use some better plastics on their next model refresh. The quest - well, they just need to do the whole interior again on that one. The exterior is so appealing but the inside just sucks. But, that happens when you are trying to really carve out a niche for yourself in the design department, which is what nissan is trying to do

1995Q45
06-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Did 7th grade English disappoint you?

NewsReporter
06-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Did 7th grade English disappoint you?

No http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Irie_eyes
06-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Actually, the past products are what put Nissan where they were.
They needed to go beyond the past and far more into the future, which I think they pulled off.
Rather than being a notch behind everyone else, they went balls-out, except to make it a reality, quality had to suffer.
But it worked, considering their target market Americans put looks before quality. Now that they are established, they can work on the quality, and it's all good.
QX56, Titan, Quest and Armada are OK, by their own standards, being their new revival. Compared to the competition, they are pretty good. Compared to their Japanese rivals, what is there to compare?
Infiniti was a nobody many years ago, which Lexus and Acura surged ahead. Now their entire lineup is a thumbs-up, the Fuga as the next Q to top it off. Compete directly with Lexus and Acura, maybe not, but they've carved out their own luxury sport niche, not encroached onto anyone elses.
Nissan found it's target market.

davezaristo
06-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Yes and no...the peformance for the buck factor on my FX45 is great...lots of technologies and very smooth...

HOWEVER, i don't mind that infiniti charges MORE and put in some better quality material for the interor. The interior in my FX is quite lowgrade compare to X5, cayenne and RX330..