PDA

View Full Version : Throttle position sensor; problems adjusting.

MikeNesss
05-31-2004, 12:39 AM
Because of the ecu/engine combo im running, i have my tps hooked up directly to my safc which does my fuel adjustments.
Problem is, that on my afc, when my pedal is 1/2 way down and my throttle is 1/2 way open, the sensor reads at 100% (or full voltage)
Ive tried to adjust it so that it reads 100% only when the throttle is actually open 100%.. but the max it will adjust so while turning it is 100% at 1/2 throttle. This is bad because at 1/2 throttle im putting in the amount of fuel that should be in there at full throttle.. so im running rich.
I cant twist the tps anymore to adjust it, its fully twisted. Only thing i can think of is enlarge the slots that it twists on.. or take it off and somehow turn something inside of it so it senses correctly.
Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

rextreme
05-31-2004, 01:09 AM
Did you set the TPS voltage range in the AFC? IIRC, there's a setup procedure that involves letting the AFC read voltage with the throttle completely closed, and then the AFC will instruct you to WOT. That will set up the AFC with the proper voltage range for your TPS.

MikeNesss
05-31-2004, 09:15 AM
I checked all the manuals and options and theres no option for that.
Theres an option for setting increasing voltage tps, decreasing voltage tps, and also an option to set the throttle points for the fuel map.
The problem im having is when throttle is depressed 1/2 way its reading full voltage..

surly
05-31-2004, 11:21 AM
isn't anything past 1/2 open WOT?

MikeNesss
05-31-2004, 12:08 PM
not sure, if it is i guess i dont have a problem.
Can anyone else confirm this?
Because it feels like i just touch the accelerator and im @ 100% throttle voltage.... but i know the throttle isnt open completely.