PDA

View Full Version : boost controller problem

doggunracing
08-05-2004, 02:32 PM
I have a KA-T (T04E, if that matters) and ran the first few months straight from the Tial wastegate, 10 psi, read from turbo outlet. I picked up a Profec B (spec 1), and just installed it. Greddy says to give the solenoid IN signal from hotpipe and wastegate SIDE signal from the intake manifold. Since I already had the wastegate SIDE on the hotpipe, I T'd in the solenoid IN.

Now, my wastegate isn't regulating boost with the Profec turned off. I know people say to use a dedicated line for the solenoid, but how important is it, and why is my wastegate not opening at 10psi with the Profec off?

What's an approximate setting for 1 bar and an inital setting for GAIN?

masterbunta
08-06-2004, 06:56 AM
change the port on the solonoid, it is hooked up to the wrong side. You need to connect it to the other one, because it is not letting boost go through the solonoid to the wastegate. Dont have enough time to explan it better.

doggunracing
08-06-2004, 05:58 PM
I think I worded it wrongly, so I edited it. The solenoid OUT goes to the wastegate top as it should. Both the solenoid IN and wastegate side are getting their signal from the same hotpipe nipple. I still don't know why this would stop the wastegate from functioning with the Profec turned off.

masterbunta
08-07-2004, 12:07 AM
The vaccume line should go in and out of the solonoid before it goes to the wastegate. You should be able to blow through the solonoid with all the power turned off.