The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Z32 Rear Claiper Rebuild Kit

Z32 Rear Claiper Rebuild Kit

All right, my normal luck kicked in on the god damned rear calipers.

I call the Nissan dealer and tell them to order me up a caliper rebuild kit. They tell me end it will be in end of the week it a special order part. I rip the calipers apart and throw out the old square cut seals, dust boots and cross over seals. They Nissan dealer calls me two days later and tells me " Nissan has discounted the rebuild kit". Needless to say I have called every parts store around. Having to spending five minutes explaining to the minimum wage counter jockey that I want a rebuild kit not a rebuilt caliper.

So after venting a bit my question is.
    Does anyone know where I can find a "F-in" rebuild kit for Z32 rear calipers ?

Re: Z32 Rear Claiper Rebuild Kit

Raybestos part #WK2022 Seal and Boot kit.

So basically Pepboys CAN order it for you. Doesnt mean they will though.

and cross over seals.
    You're gonna be hating life even more. The crossover o-rings don't come in the rebuild kit.

Asad

and cross over seals.
    You're gonna be hating life even more. The crossover o-rings don't come in the rebuild kit.

Asad
    I can see the blood pouring out now.

and cross over seals.

Asad

Well that really chaps my ass.

Thanks for the Raybestos number.

Boy, sucks to be you.

You could try to find some o-rings or something of a close size that can do the job. Just make sure they can handle corrosive fluids (silicone?).

Just make sure they can handle corrosive fluids (silicone?).
    Teflon or a perfluoroelastomer like "Kalrez" or "Aegis" will work. Teflon's a lot cheaper, though, and should be fine in a static sealing application like the crossover ports (but because it takes a compression set after its installed, you don't want to use it on dynamic things like a shaft seal).

I believe in the past I've posted the AS568A 'dash' number for a standard sized o-ring that will work for the front calipers, but I'm not sure if they're the same as for the rears

Asad

Re: Z32 Rear Claiper Rebuild Kit Update

I could not find the Raybestos kit. I did find an Autospecialty kit part number KC-51024. The kit is very complete coming with 4 square cut seals, 4 dust boots, 4 dust boot clamps, 4 packs of assembly lube and 2 white caps that I have no idea what they do. It did not come with the cross over seals. I paid $50 for the kit. I will post the O-ring size that I use for the cross over seals.

white caps are covers for the bleed screws probably.

Asad

white caps are covers for the bleed screws probably.

Asad
    Good call

Caliper reseal Kit 44120-43P26
    i found this from nissan4parts.com
    and it's avail. from nissanparts.cc

i checked the parts diagram, it contains all the seals,orings, at least it's what the diagram shows, it contains 2 sets of rings/seals(for each piston), each set has 3 seals, and the cover for the bleeder

I guarantee that the OE kit doesn't have the crossover o-rings.

Asad

I guarantee that the OE kit doesn't have the crossover o-rings.

Asad
    Asad is correct the OE Kit only contains

44124-43p00 SEAL-PISTONS QTY 4
    44127-43P00 COVERS DUST QTY 4
    44057-43P00 RING DUST QTY 4
    44129-43P00 CAP BLEEDER QTY 2

all this and some Grease and nipples for the bleeders

Cross over tube O-ring

-013 Ethylene Propylene

32% Squeeze

Sorry to bring this back from the dead.
    But where do I get one of these o-rings?

Cross over tube O-ring

-013 Ethylene Propylene

32% Squeeze

easiest place to get them: McMaster-Carr. You'll have to buy way more than you need, but they're pretty cheap.

I've also had good luck with allorings.com

Asad

I got mine from a local place, Zackoff Industrial Packing and Gasket. You can get them from J&F Industrial supply as well. McMaster Carr is good source too.

Do you guys know the stats for the front o-ring?

Thats the one I am actually missing, and of course not checking if the front and rear were the same size I just assumed they were, but the fronts are actually smaller o-rings. Also I ordered the rear set from mcmaster-carr and they are a little too big and have a round cross section instead of flat. I called and talked to a representative and he just told me to return them and find out more info on the rings in question. 26mm btw.