The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trunk Mod for Q45 and M45

Trunk Mod for Q45 and M45

I bought the trunk mod from Jason for my q45. It works great. It is nice to have the trunk pop right open when you hit the remote.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...auto_trunk_kit

Edit, added links
    Last edited by Jason B; 03-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Re: Trunk Mod for Q45

I installed the same kit on my '03 M45 this weekend. I have no idea what Infiniti was thinking when they designed the trunk opening aperatus for these cars. Why you wouldn't want the trunk to fully open each and every time you pull the lever in the car or push the button on the key fob is beyond me. Mine was so bad that the electric trunk closer would catch the trunk lid immediately after popping the latch. This meant it was impossible to open the trunk from inside the car. I actually had to stand at the trunk and lift the lid while pressing the button on the key fob. How stupid is that? I had the dealer replace the struts under warranty, and to no surprise, the new ones worked just like the old ones. Jason's kit made the trunk operate the way it should have from the factory.

Russ

I'm glad you guys like the mod. I don't know how I'd live without it.

I don't know what Infinit was thinking. The person in charge of the trunk mechanism definitely didn't over-engineer it. All cars in this class pretty much have this except these two.

what is it exactly? what did you modify? i cant find any pics on your site

Shoot me your email and I'll send the zip file with install photos. It's very easy to install.

Just an update, I have the trunk kits for both the Q45 and M available and in stock.

There are also some videos to watch it.
    Jason B
    2002 Q45 website
    For all Car/SUV Accessories, please visit www.burtmanindustries.com
    717-319-2100 text/call (24/7)
    Email:jason@burtmanindustries.com

How difficult is it to install this device and does it really make the trunk pop open so fast?
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)

SHoot me an email an I can send you some install pics, it's super easy. You can watch the VIDEO on the links above.
    Jason B
    2002 Q45 website

just fyi to anyone buying this product, mine stopped popping after i put only 2 layers of dynamat. also before i put the dynamat, i test fitted a somewhat aggressive spoiler and that also stopped it from working.

Not trying to ruin business for jason burtman, the trunk popper kit did work pretty well for a couple months before i started adding weight. i just want to post a heads up for those that got some bump in the trunk and plan to put dynamat, or those with japan spoilers.

Thanks for the heads up! So the added weight of a wing and sound insulation prevents the device from working.

well to be specific, the weight of the wing OR the weight of the sound deadening both makes it not pop up it only gets a 1 inch lift. haha now that i have added more sound deadening including a liquid type the trunk just clicks open and doesnt move. oh well. i was thinking of selling these struts locally for cheap but i cant find my stock ones

like i said though on a completely stock trunk this thing worked pretty cherry. in fact for the first month i had it installed, the struts were so strong my trunk lid would vibrate when it hit the top position cause it opened so fast. haha i somewhat prefer how benz trunks slowly and elegantly open, but hey infiniti screwed up the trunk design from the get go.

Yea, I don't know why Infiniti chose make the stock trunk not pop open automatically. I just love this mod and it's how it should have come.
    Jason B
    2002 Q45 website

Quote Originally Posted by mp cima View Post
    just fyi to anyone buying this product, mine stopped popping after i put only 2 layers of dynamat. also before i put the dynamat, i test fitted a somewhat aggressive spoiler and that also stopped it from working.

Not trying to ruin business for jason burtman, the trunk popper kit did work pretty well for a couple months before i started adding weight. i just want to post a heads up for those that got some bump in the trunk and plan to put dynamat, or those with japan spoilers.
    Bought this a few weeks ago.... I have one layer of dynamat on my trunk, nothing else, and the trunk opens only on warm days. When it's cold outside, it clicks and stays closed.

Trunk Kit For 2002 Q45

I ordered the trunk kit for my 2002 Q45 from burtmanindurtries.co The step by step instructions Jason sent had very detailed pictures which made the installation simple and it works great!

Trunk Kit For 2002 Q45

I ordered the trunk kit for my 2002 Q45 from burtmanindurtries.co The step by step instructions Jason sent had very detailed pictures which made the installation simple and it works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    Just an update, I have the trunk kits for both the Q45 and M available and in stock.

There are also some videos to watch it.
    I have some fresh kits back in stock finally for those that want.
    Jason B
    2002 Q45 website

I bought one for my M and I love it!
    I did it my way - Frank Sinatra
    LIBERTY Vip Car Club

Does the kit really make the trunk open so fast and stop so abruptly?

I don't think so. The warmer it is, the faster it will open.
    Jason B
    2002 Q45 website

Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    Does the kit really make the trunk open so fast and stop so abruptly?
    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen View Post
    How difficult is it to install this device and does it really make the trunk pop open so fast?
    Why keep repeating yourself? There is a video that shows it opening, which can be found on Jason's site. Your eyes can see it opening quickly, but you ask "does it really open fast?"

Falk, it probably works flawlessly for you because you're in sunny California. For those of us in colder climates, it doesn't work as well. I'm just being honest. On 80 degree days here in DC, it works great. On 40 degree days, it just doesn't work at all. Not trying to hurt any sales, Jason. But I believe in full disclosure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast