The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: G35 Front Strutt Tower brace

Re: VRT\'s G35 Front Strutt Tower brace

I appreciate the info, but not really what I was asking; I should have re-phrased the question. I would like to hear from a sedan owner that has the VRT STB installed and can offer feedback on performance not merely a test fit. Thanks.

I mknow there is a couple sedans that have ordered them. I am sure one will pop up with a testimonial, soon (hopefully)
    This STB does the same with the sedans as it does for the coupes.

Seven posts above you is the answer - it does fit the sedan.

IT FITS THE SEDAN TOO

This morning I test-fitted this front strut tower brace on a G35 sedan. The brace fits great, just as it does on the coupes, without any needed modifications.

-posted by WA2GOOD

(Sometimes people - it helps to read the thread before you post into it!)

- Riff

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lowrider
    Well, my new supports came tonight, and I just finished installing them along with the STB. I don't have time to do a full write up right now, but does the word rails mean anything to you. I drove my coupe around the block, did about 4 "U" turns, and my, my, my, I didn't know what I was missing. I felt the difference as I was backing out of the garage and rolling over the driveway crown to the street. I have stock suspension with LMGT4 wheels. BIG Difference. This is a great mod.

Lou

I put about 700 miles on my coupe over the weekend. To say I am happy with the VRT STB would be an understatement. I did a lot of driving in the Arizona Mountains on the way to Sedona, and the car handled great. I had been thinking of some suspension mods, but no more. The stock suspension is just fine, it just needed something to tie it together, just what the STB does. Going in a straight line feels very much the same, but somehow I feel a little more planted. Lane changing while good before, is more crisp now. As I mentioned above, U Turns are extremely flat, and I swear some of my understeer is gone. Mountain driving was really fun, but I couldn't push it or my wife would have had a fit. There is no downside to this mod, except perhaps the steep price. But, with the precision mounting system, and the engineering necessary because of all the crap around the strut towers, I guess you get what you pay for. To me, this STB is a "Must Have" to all of us who enjoy vigorous driving and a great handling automobile. I've attached a couple of pics. The first one is a before with my cut engine cover. The second shows the bar installed, and the third the driver's side STB Support.

Lou

The above is my comments about the VRT STB from another forum. Since I don't host pics, I can not show the ones I posted.

Lou

Lou, you can always hit up the free hosting that FA has. If not, once I get mine, I'll put up some photos and feedback.

BTW, what were the other supports you installed with the VRT STB?

The other supports were mis-made by VRT, and were to high. The hood would not close. They replaced them, and the new one's are just fine.

Lou

Gotcha, that was the reason why I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered. I should hopefully receive it in the next week or so.

I drove Scott's G35 out at Streets of Willow last weekend and loved the way it felt with the front strut tower brace. It felt like a Z which is awesome. I have a G35 as well, so I could tell the difference right off the bat. I was pleasantly suprised that I could actually feel that much of a difference. I thought it would be one of those mods that you can't really tell you installed when driving, but it was awesome. The G35 needed it pretty badly.
    SMMR - Buttonwillow - Cal Speedway - Streets of Willow - Laguna Seca - LVMS

I'm set to get mine installed tomorrow. I'll make sure to come back with my impressions after its in.

Has anyone installed this brace with a stock airbox intake, or a Stillen airbox? If so, please post pics and/or a description of how it fits!

--6MT4me

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT4me
    Has anyone installed this brace with a stock airbox intake, or a Stillen airbox? If so, please post pics and/or a description of how it fits!

--6MT4me

This STB was designed to fit with most all aftermarket CAI's. (as this is most always one of the first mods that people do to their G's)
    With a little fanagaling with a heat gun, etc. it can be made to fit with the stock type restrictive intake box.

This might help (Stillen intake)........
    http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106339

Here is some new pics as well..............

SCOTT @ RELENTLESS AUTOSPORTS
    Proudly building & driving some of the fastest Track & Dyno Proven, Daily Driven cars in the country

Those pics are of my coupe. I can tell you that the bar makes a huge difference even with my stock suspension. I had it installed last week by Scott's fabricator.

pics update

Here is a long awaited pic update of this strut tower brace on speedravers car.......

Proudly building & driving some of the fastest Track & Dyno Proven, Daily Driven cars in the country

These one of a kind Relentless Autosports G35 front strut tower braces are now revised and again available, please contact us if interested....

619-654-3585
    Scott@RelentlessAutosports.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123