The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: No 2007 - 2008 will be the next New Infiniti Coupe

No 2007 - 2008 will be the next New Infiniti Coupe

Anybody else hear this? Speaking with a dealer, he said that there wouldn't be a 2007, that they were redesigning it for 2008 - can that be? The pics I seen of the 2007 was slick - I might have to get one..
    05 G35 Coupe
    05 G35 Sedan
    00 Acura TL
    95 Jetta Debo's car (the dog)

Makes sense to me. The new M35/45 was introduced in April 2005 as a 2006 model. That made for an extremely long model year and was good for those who bought early. Why not introduce the new coupe in early 2007 as a 2008 model?
    '13 Infiniti G37 Convertible- Graphite Shadow/Graphite/Premium
    '13 Lexus G350 F Sport- Liquid Platinum/Cabernet/Mark Levinson

The G35C was supposed to be a MY2008 for awhile now.
    '07 Acura MDX Nimbus Gray/Ebony Sport
    '06 BMW 330i Monaco Blue 6AT Premium Sport iDrive
    '03 FX 35 5AT Silver/Graphite Premium (SOLD)
    '03 G35Coupe 5AT Black/Graphite Premium Sport Nav (SOLD)

As an Infiniti Dealership, we've been telling everyone March for the new coupe. Dunno if it will be a 2007 or 2008.

With the M they could make a really long run because it wasn't replacing anything really.

The new coupe would be replacing the old coupe, so it coming out as a 2008 would make the 2007 MY really really short vs making the 2006 MY a little longer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out at a 2007.5

Stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzeaux

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out at a 2007.5

Stranger things have happened.
    Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'd be very surprised if a substantially new model was introduced as the same model year to the outgoing car. Legally (for insurance, aftermarket, etc) there is no such thing as a .5 model year car. The first G35 was introduced in Feb or Mar 02 as an 03 making the 03 year very long, but they could do that because the 03 was a brand new model and wasn't replacing anything.

Well,It wouldn't be the first time this is done in the industry. The Chevy Corvette has been around about 50 years, .. There was an '82 Vette, but there was never a 1983 Corvette. The new redesigned '84 Vette was released in April '83. Prior to this, GM mid year releases were known as "Model Year & a Half". I'm not certain, .. but it seems the industry kind of adopted the advance year designation after this.
    Daryl
    '06 Black Obsidian/Graphite FX35
    '06 Liquid Platinum Infiniti M35

well Hopefully it comes out in early 2007....Then by August when my lease is up, I can hop right into the '08! Perfect Timing!! I think they only tend to do the half year thing when the vehicle is staying mostly the same just performing some needed upgrades. My coupe is a 2003.5, the manufacture date is 6/03.

Is there still no word or just rumors of what the engine will be? They probably won't release that until just before the launch. Maybe a G37? 300+ horsepower!!
    2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE CVT Super Black w/black leather/fully loaded (touch-screen NAV!) NavTraffic.

***retired 11/28/06***2003.5 G35 Coupe 5AT/Caribbean Blue/Premium/Graphite/XM. 52k wonderful miles!!

Quote Originally Posted by boones
    Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'd be very surprised if a substantially new model was introduced as the same model year to the outgoing car. Legally (for insurance, aftermarket, etc) there is no such thing as a .5 model year car. The first G35 was introduced in Feb or Mar 02 as an 03 making the 03 year very long, but they could do that because the 03 was a brand new model and wasn't replacing anything.
    It definately makes things interesting a couple years down the line. I used to sell Volkswagen/Audi, and almost every single one of their new releases is on a half year. I don't know why they did it, but when we were finding trade in values, it made it easy to screw up.