The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: s14 sr vs. evo ix ..

s14 sr vs. evo ix ..

well finally got everything worked out on my s14 and got to take it for a run yesterday. me and a few friends took our cars out for a drive, an evo ix wound up joing the ride on the way up. so we did a few runs. i was pretty impressed that i pulled him by nearly 2 car lengths mid way through 4th, we ran from 50-110. i was running a solid 15 psi, the evo ix had a reflashed ecu, catback and 22 psi. im guessing he had around 290whp, considering they dyno stock 260's. i still need to get my car on the dyno and do a final tune. by the looks of my back bumper i am in the low 10's somewhere for afr's.
    93 FD3S, Streetport, gt35r, 99 spec, 407whp @ 16 psi
    95 S14/R33, sr20det, pe1420 turbo, 281whp @ 14 psi

whoa thats fast stuff. keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by smgrx7
    well finally got everything worked out on my s14 and got to take it for a run yesterday. me and a few friends took our cars out for a drive, an evo ix wound up joing the ride on the way up. so we did a few runs. i was pretty impressed that i pulled him by nearly 2 car lengths mid way through 4th, we ran from 50-110. i was running a solid 15 psi, the evo ix had a reflashed ecu, catback and 22 psi. im guessing he had around 290whp, considering they dyno stock 260's. i still need to get my car on the dyno and do a final tune. by the looks of my back bumper i am in the low 10's somewhere for afr's.
    evo's dyno at 260whp with only 270-285 fly hp and awd? i thought it was closer to 235-240 whp for a stock one

thats in the evo 8s

evo ix are under rated from the factory.

ix are fast....
    you have one good running car.

just an update. the evo has been modding his car. we just recently did another 2 runs on the highway. he now has reflash, tbe, injen pipe kit, huge fmic, and the good part 30psi of boost. first run he got a slight jump on me and by the end of 4th i was at his rear bumper. 2nd run we got an even start by the top of 4th we were side by side, he might have had a headlight up on me. very very close runs. he has not dynoed it yet, im guessing its in the mid 300's. next time out i will try and get some vids.

30 psi? Sounds fishy to me. 30 psi on stock turbo is way out of it's efficiency range. And with his mods, he's making around 300 whp on a IX

maybe the evo is running meth or race gas?

30 psi is way out of their efficiency range but i have seen multiple people on evolutionm.net run 28 psi on stock turbo..
    GT35R powered 97 S14 for sale.. PM me for details
    "I quit school because of recess.. cause I don't play"

We have an Evo IX here in spokane on 28 psi, meth injection, cams, bolt ons, no head work or bottom end work and he's running 11.3's, he has been running this boost for over a year and the turbo is still marching along quite well.

this pic should help.... lol. i wouldnt do it if it were my car but a few evo ix's have dynoed over 400whp on the stock turbo at 30+ psi. btw he is not running any meth or water, dont know how it does not knock. he has done a few reflashes and the knock counts were 0. he currently upgraded to a 35r and is spiking to 28psi still on straight pump. i really cant understand it since my car will knock with an extra 3 psi.

Sorry guys, I call complete B.S. on this. No way that evo is making that power. A stock 8 dynos 225 on California 91 pee-pee. 9's dyno 245. A reflashed 9 with catback, even if he is running 22psi will be making 260-ish.

The magic starts happening with an Evo when a full turbo back exhaust is installed. An intercooler also does not make power on the Evos, if it does, it's in the 2-3wheel range. It's more for safety and consistency. And intercooler pipes don't do anything for power either. These mods have been proven many times on the dyno. 30psi on a stock 9 turbo is basically blowing hot air.

If the Evo was modded and tuned correctly, it would be making around 280 at the wheels. I've worked on many evos, and have seen them come back tuned with dyno charts in hand. Take a peek around Norcalevo.net if you don't believe my claims.

Beware the aftermarket turbo Evos. Those are the real beasts.