The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: coolest car/s you've gotten to drive

coolest car/s you've gotten to drive

well I'm a lube tech over at Boucher Chevy here in waukesha, WI. they also have me help out the lot attendants at night so ive occasionally gotten to drive z06's and some older classic chevys around the lot. I've even gotten to drive a testarossa but it doesnt really count as "driving"

the other day Frank Boucher drove his Ford GT to work. apparantly he had to go home because he forgot somthing. he didnt want to drive the GT back and forth so many times so he took one of the company vans there. well I get called into the service manager (Ken's) office in the afternoon. normally its to go pick up a customer or somthing I did wrong . he tells me to sit down and close the door. im one of 4 people at work who knows where frank bouchers house is and I was the only one of the 4 that could leave and knows how to drive stick. apparently franks wife got rushed to the hospital and he went with her. he wasnt going to be able to come back to work and pickup his GT so I had to drive it to his house and drive the work van back.

to get to franks house you have to drive about 15 miles on the freeway :D . I was really cautous driving the car for the most part. it only had 6k miles on it and I didnt want to pay for any damages. but I did get one little strip where there were no other cars and I got the baby up to 130. I figured im never going to get a ford GT again so I might as well have a little fun with it. that supercharger sounds amazing when its only about a foot behind your head. I got quite a few double takes from people seeing a 19yr old driving a car of that caliber.

im interested in seeing what some of you guys have gotten to drive.

That's awesome that you got to take the GT to the bosses house.
    I got to drive a C6 Z06 on a fun-run at autocross. Sure, it was only 32.58 (missed FTD by .6sec lol) but I got to beat the crap out of it.

Although I haven't driven anything exotic or high profile, I did used to work at a Chevy/Chrysler dealer in 2000-2001, so I've driven all sorts of things.

I'd say the three most interesting and fun were a 2000 Millennium Yellow Corvette coupe 6 speed, a 2001 Pewter Camaro SS 6 speed, and a 1956 silver Ford Thunderbird. The Corvette and the Camaro were lots of fun, although I was in a bit of some traffic with the Corvette and got hit with the skip shift once (lame). With the Thunderbird, I just felt so pimp :D

i also work at El Dorado Chevrolet in McKinney, TX as a service advisor and having been here 6 years, I have driven some interesting things. one, was a 1979 vw bug with a GM 350 crate motor. that was interesting. i hav driven thre Ligenfelter corvettes, one blowing NOS also.

by far the coolest (funniest) car i have ever driven was a 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS with 24 under it. it was primer grey with a few brown spots but the wheels where clean and it sat six inches higher to fit the wheels under it. the interior was white shag and was totally pimped out. that was awesome.
    255 rwhp @ 14 psi RB20DET
    1989 R32 GTS-t
    1998 Nissan Frontier 4x4 KA24
    2007 Nissan Xterra

(oo\____/oo)
    |_| *----|_|

I learned to drive a manual trans on a Porsche 944 Turbo when I was 15, almost....20 years ago. That was pretty cool at the time.

But the coolest car I've ever driven--even if it was for just 1 mile and I never got above 40mph--was a Ferrari Testarossa 512TR. A friend of my girlfriend's (at the time) family had just bought one and was in town.

I think the coolest car I've gotten to drive so far is probably my GT-R...
    :D
    Charles (aka "Gru")
    Play Toy: 1990 Skyline GT-R
    Daily Driver: 2000 F-150 Sport
    Drift Project: 1988 Mustang LX (5.6L stroker)

I've driven every production Z at least once Does that count?

Probably the fanciest was a Jaguar XKR Convertible

my coolest would have to be my dads 1936 dodge coupe with a blown 350 chevy with probally 6-700hp. such a rush.

06' M5 or 06' M6...not sure which one was better but i sure have flogged my fair share of M3's. Its the only perks that come with working at a BMW dealership
    civic...240sx...whats next? i hope its the M3, i like those!

Richard Petty Driving Experience car to about 156 mph around Lowes Motor Speedway. Coolest car I rode in was a 650 whp Cobra Replica, he would not let me drive it. Oh yeah I just got out of a W12 Phaeton.
    "Later on we'll all be dancing
    Screaming from the minarets"

when i worked at sears auto center part time, an aston martin db7 came in for some tires. The guy wouldnt let me drive it but he took me for a test drive down the highway to see how the tires rode. By far the sweetest ride i have been in. Also have drivin supra TT, supercharged bullet mustang, vettes, several m3's, etc. Quite fun when a quick car comes in.

1. This has be the coolest and fastest car I have ever driven. Fully built with Comptech SC.

2. My buddy's RS4 comes in at a cool 2nd.
    M35 Sport

My FA Gallery

For a while i had a job and a pretty upscale country club as the valet and when they would have their parties expensive cars and 20-50 dollar tips were popping up every time i turned around. I have to say though, the 06 911 turbo and Bently continental were 2 that stood out.

Coolest car Ive ever driven would definately be my dads, 07 audi S8, gallardo v10 pushin 450hp to awd, I drive it alot too . Then my neighbors 07 M5 would be next, although it was the smg 7 speed =/... I also enjoy my friends 07 mustang gt cali edition, nothin special but I learned manual on it, we modified it a decent amount so its pretty damn fast.. Ive also run him in the S8, good times, haha.

86 tercel wagon, baby blue, fwd, auto. pushing 63 hp to the crank. drove it to 178,000mi before it crapped out.
    2003 Ivory Pearl FX35 RWD Base - no sunroof, no roof rails, cloth!
    1989 BMW 325iX Coupe 5MT, red, my tennis car!
    2007 Ivory Pearl G35S 6MT - no sunroof, no premium, no nav, no tech - on order!

My favorite has to be our Project Bentley Continental GT, has GIAC Software, custom software, electronic lowering, 22's wheels, etc.

Just a great all around car, fast, luxurious and eye catching. I've driven it at all speeds in all conditions and its unflappable!

Here's a pic from this months Modified Luxury & Exotics

(

D2-AUTOSPORT

Quote Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
    My favorite has to be our Project Bentley Continental GT, has GIAC Software, custom software, electronic lowering, 22's wheels, etc.

Just a great all around car, fast, luxurious and eye catching. I've driven it at all speeds in all conditions and its unflappable!

Here's a pic from this months Modified Luxury & Exotics

(
    I was gonna brag about the M6 that I rode in, but after seeing this.....

575 Maranello F1 shift. Fun torque and shifting, when you shift down the E throttle would rev match for you. It was the car he brought to the airport as the "beater". He had a carrera gt, maclerran f1, and was on the list for a veyron.

Let's see:if memory serves me correctly I've driven the Ferrari F430; MB CLS55, S55 and S600; BMW 650i; Lexus LS460L; the new Infiniti G35 two weeks before it was supposed to be released; Maserati GranSport and a BMW 760Li.
    Cars that I've seen but not driven:McLaren SLR, old school Magnum PI Ferrari and a Bentley Continental GT.

I rode with a guy in a BMW M6; lemme tell ya, that IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. That car is a friggin jet with four wheels instead of wings. He took it up to 130 mph a couple of times and the car still felt like it could go on to 200mph. While cruising back, some punk-a$$ preschooler in a riced-out Civic Del Sol drove alongside us on the highway. He turned and gave that brat a look that I'll never forget......
    If I could read his mind, I'd bet that he was thinking this:"You run on home little boy; it's WAY past your bedtime." Then after the dissed Del Sol drove off, he told me this;"If it's not a German or Italian exotic, he won't waste his gas racing it."

Quote Originally Posted by MrRyte
    If it's not a German or Italian exotic, he won't waste his gas racing it."
    Wish I had the income to support this policy!!!
    2003 Ivory Pearl FX35 RWD Base - no sunroof, no roof rails, cloth!
    1989 BMW 325iX Coupe 5MT, red, my tennis car!
    2007 Ivory Pearl G35S 6MT - no sunroof, no premium, no nav, no tech - on order!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast