The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M45 Kill

M45 Kill

I don't usually post comments on this forum, but this one was too good to pass up. My wife has a 07 G35S (auto) and for some reason M45 drivers always want to challenge me to some spirited driving. Yesterday evening my wife and I are going to the mall and this guy in a Black M45S pulls up to the light and he's gunning the engine and dying for me to make eye contact...I finally look over at him and he rolls his window down and says "what can that little G do". At that point it was on, I immediately turned off the A/C and told the wife hold on. The light turns green and we both punch it, needless to say he was in my rear view mirror (approximately 2 car lengths behind) the entire time. At the next traffic light he rolls down his window and says "I'm impressed!" The G smoked him like a "cheap cigar". My wife was PISSED OFF at me and she gave me an ear full...Even thought she was upset I felt really good about smoking that M45.

NICE !!

An impressive victory for the G !!
    07 G35 Sport w/NAVI & Premium,Ivory White/Black
    06 M35 Base with NAVI - Black w/Bourbon
    05 TL w/Tech/NAVI - White Diamond Pearl
    05 Armada (Big Mistake
    02 MB C320
    04 FX35
    03 Maxima
    no need to name the rest lol

Yeah a good kill definitely does a good job of detuning the earfull from the wifey!

Why is it the wife or GF is always in the car when someone wants to run you?
    1968 Datsun Roadster - SR20DET

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904

Quote Originally Posted by detroadster
    Why is it the wife or GF is always in the car when someone wants to run you?
    Murphy's Law.

On the other side of the equation, did you ever drive a car that looked like complete crap but was fast as hell? If you did, didn't you love it when you got to run guys who think their car is fast? Wasn't it even better when you show them that their car isn't as fast as they thought it was? Wasn't it just icing on the cake if their hot g/f happened to be in the passenger seat?
    Pushin Nissans since 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave562
    Murphy's Law.

On the other side of the equation, did you ever drive a car that looked like complete crap but was fast as hell? If you did, didn't you love it when you got to run guys who think their car is fast? Wasn't it even better when you show them that their car isn't as fast as they thought it was? Wasn't it just icing on the cake if their hot g/f happened to be in the passenger seat?
    Like the look on some dude's face when his Corvette/Mustang/Camero/STi/Insert your favorite car here, gets pulled on by a 40 year old Datsun? yeah, I know that feeling.:D

The one time I got the OK to race from the GF was when a snooty SOB in a Sunbeam Tiger pulled up next to us at a light. As his wife looked at us in disgust he asked me if I couldn't afford to drive a "real" car. I was even going to compliment him on having such a nice car too. Sheesh. The icing on the cake was my GF turning around 180* in her seat to point and laugh at the guy as his prized Alpine got pummeled by a Datsun.

thats cute

Try my m45. I really doubt the outcome would be the same, and really doubt you got two car lenghts on a serious driver. I respect the g, although I will "run " one and have. Its noisy under full throttle, so its a wonder you could even hear your wife. Its the g driver who wants to try the m driver, we have nothing to prove, at least a 45 driver. For your own good, DO NOT GET IN THE HABBIT OF CHALLENGING M45 SPORT DRIVERS, ESPECIALLY YOUNGER(UNDER 40) ONES. YOU WILL END UP BACK AT THE DEALER TRYING TO UPGRADE.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

I've schooled many a G with my AC on....

Now a G37 would probably give me a lesson or two.
    Deposit 03/01/06: DGraphite/Graphite+Wood/Jny/Tech/Aero-Mine 04/01/06
    No Front Plate - 35% Tint - ClearBra - Debadged - CF B Pillars - Xtra Wood - Fuga Mirrors - DVD/Nav Hack - E114 Exhaust - LED Plate & Bulbs - E114 Air Intake & 20" Wheels - Tanabe Springs - T1Rs - Acoustic Mats - PIAA wipers - BAT Overlays

G35C
    Ordered 09/18/02: CBlue/6MT/Premium/Aero-Mine 12/18/02 Sold 04/11/03
    No Front Plate - Debadged - ClearBra - Huper Tint - Alum Pedals - CF Trim

FA Sponsors

LOL...This also has reached out into the M forum. I've given my opinions in the forum below. I have mad respect to the G off the line. The topic has even gone to the point of M35 to M45.

http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=172713

Can't we all just get along in the Infiniti family. We should be posting the Lexus's, MB's, BMW's, Audi's and etc Kills we've done. lol
    "M" AZING
    ---------------------------------------
    Work Wheels - VS-XX 20x10 rear 20x8.5 front
    JIC Magic -
    FLT-TAR VIP
    Kenstyle Kit...
    Tanabe Exhaust - Prototype from JP (temporary)
    Auto Couture - 3 piece trunk spoiler
    Junction Produce - Type III Exhaust
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

M45 Kill

To all my M45 big brothers you're family and I love you!!! I didn't realize my M45 kill would get you so upset. I have much respect for the M45, but, the G is no slouch and its quicker off the line. Some of my M45 brothers have trashed the G saying its not refined, nosey, etc, etc, etc. Well, I love it and if you're happy with your M45, I'm happy for you. However, the next time you see a G, don't even think about taking it on because you might be another M45 kill!!!

This is some funny ass reading. You really whipped those M45 guys into a frenzy!:cwm39:

This is some funny ass reading. You really whipped those M45 guys into a frenzy!:cwm39:
    +1 I haven't laughed this much at a thread in a long time. Talk about the M guys getting all spun up over nothing. Its not like the OP was like, M45's suck, I beat one just to prove how the G is better. He was just able to make a guy who was being an ass eat crow. Fellow Infiniti owner or not, that's worth being able to do!

And I happen to like the M cars. They're nice cruisers. You guys take yourselves too seriously. :D

Dark Energy Rules

Smiley Wrap-Up of the Thread

Let see - so far this chuckler has produced ....

1. ------

2. :indy:
    3. --

5.:caged:

6. --:computer:

8. :computer:--

10. ----

.... etcetera .... etcetera .....

- Riff 'take it to the track' Ster

I hardly think anyone on either side is in a 'frenzy' or 'spun up' (except maybe Christopher :D) but it certainly is an amusing thread (as well as its sister in the M forum).
    Deposit 03/01/06: DGraphite/Graphite+Wood/Jny/Tech/Aero-Mine 04/01/06
    No Front Plate - 35% Tint - ClearBra - Debadged - CF B Pillars - Xtra Wood - Fuga Mirrors - DVD/Nav Hack - E114 Exhaust - LED Plate & Bulbs - E114 Air Intake & 20" Wheels - Tanabe Springs - T1Rs - Acoustic Mats - PIAA wipers - BAT Overlays

G35C
    Ordered 09/18/02: CBlue/6MT/Premium/Aero-Mine 12/18/02 Sold 04/11/03
    No Front Plate - Debadged - ClearBra - Huper Tint - Alum Pedals - CF Trim

FA Sponsors

Dark Energy Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by christophersmith0341
    DO NOT GET IN THE HABBIT OF CHALLENGING M45 SPORT DRIVERS, ESPECIALLY YOUNGER(UNDER 40) ONES. YOU WILL END UP BACK AT THE DEALER TRYING TO UPGRADE.
    Do not challenge drivers in modified track-ready G35 coupes. Especially older (over 50) ones. You will streetrace by yourself and end up at the police station trying to get out of a reckless driving ticket.

- Riff

Like the look on some dude's face when his Corvette/Mustang/Camero/STi/Insert your favorite car here, gets pulled on by a 40 year old Datsun? yeah, I know that feeling.:D
    I love old Datsuns. I walked many, many cars in a 1972 Datsun 510 with a built 2.2L motor and Weber 45DCOEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave562
    I love old Datsuns. I walked many, many cars in a 1972 Datsun 510 with a built 2.2L motor and Weber 45DCOEs.
    No doubt. I had a 72 510 as well. Once I get a garage that will hold more than one car, a 510 is next on the list.

Hmmm, maybe I'll go out M45 hunting tonight in the roadster...

No doubt. I had a 72 510 as well. Once I get a garage that will hold more than one car, a 510 is next on the list.

Hmmm, maybe I'll go out M45 hunting tonight in the roadster...
    Man, I remember those little things back in the 80's. The 510s were all over the place and the young guys who had them in those years used to race them up and down the streets here all the time. They were very quick indeed!

Once I get a garage that will hold more than one car, a 510 is next on the list.
    Good luck with that. It's nearly impossible to find one in decent condition anymore, and those that are are ridiculously expensive.

good race - regardless if some of the M owners get upset about it - though when the sentra is done, i wouldn't mind hunting down an M....
    Thanks!
    William Perdigon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast