The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M45 Kill

Very nice...I skunked an M a few weeks ago too from a stop light.
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)

with what?

Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen
    Very nice...I skunked an M a few weeks ago too from a stop light.
    2006 M45 Sport, Black with Bourbon, ALL Options, Element114 Exhaust
    1997 Maxima
    1999 Passat

Quote Originally Posted by nabeel
    with what?
    I know, ihope not a q45. Though since last august I have settled down some. I hope Infiniti's next v8 really produces some real performance for the sake of the new Q and M alike. For all of our sakes.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

yes the m's might be nice.. but those new g sedans pull..

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the g was quicker.
    -Chad
    Go VOLS
    2005 G35 coupe 6spd w/nav

I own a 03 M45, and I just got a G35x as a loaner a few weeks ago. It was definitely a nice little peppy car, but my M is much quicker, both off the line and on the top end. I do know that my year M has a bit of a weight advantage and torque advantage over the new M, but I can't imagine there is that much of a difference. Also I was a bit thrown off at how cheap the interior fealt in the G. No offense because i really did like the car as a whole, but everything from the console to the placement of the window buttons bugged me. Was nice to have All Wheel drive in the snow though!

with what?
    My Q45...

Bros...the F50 may look like a hog but it has some very strong get up from the line, and is amazing on the highway if you want to go there.

Aren't we talking about the same 4.5 litre? Unless you've done some serious mods, how could it skunk an m45? Talking about the q45, not the g.
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

I can't see you beating an M45 by 2 car lengths (with a passenger). A tie maybe, but I guess it all depends on driver, the launch, and the car specifics. Anywho, good kill.
    Dam! Dam!! Damm!!!

impressive kill! g37 is, indeed, a massive improvement over the previous models. regular vq35 wouldn've had a chance against the m45.
    (\ψ/)
    (дед)
    c('')('')

2007 FJ Cruiser
    2004 Silverstone 350z

No way can a stock M45 beat my 07 G35S from a stop to a quarter mile. End of story. It can't do it from a roll either, I generate more MPH than they do on my way through the quarter so I keep walking away.

M owners feel free to cry all you want, but the truth remains the truth.

Bone stock my G ran a 13.53 at Houston Raceway park, and I walk away from fat assed M's. The slowest pass it has ever made has been a 13.6, a fairly large safety margin against the "My m 45 runs 0-60 5.2 and a 1/4 @13.89 @ 101.7" which is the fastest, but still too slow, that I have seen from an M, and that one is modded.

G35 > M45 in a drag race. Live with it.

What mods have you done to your M45? Do you have both the G and the M?

Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher
    No way can a stock M45 beat my 07 G35S from a stop to a quarter mile. End of story. It can't do it froma roll either, I generate more MPH than they do on my way through the quarter so I keep walking away.

Bone stock my G ran a 13.53 at Houston Raceway park, and I walk away from fat assed M's. The slowest pass it has ever made has been a 13.6, a fairly large safety margin against the "My m 45 runs 0-60 5.2 and a 1/4 @13.89 @ 101.7" which is the fastest, but still too slow, that I have seen from an M, and that one is modded.

1997 Maxima
    1999 Passat

What mods have you done to your M45? Do you have both the G and the M?
    No sorry I have the 2007 G35S. I was quoting the M45 owner who was bragging that he ran a 13.89 in his modded M45. Thats impressive, but 07+ G35's run faster bone stone factory stock.

Both are nice cars but the fact is that the new G35 is faster than the M45 for now.

I agree, the 07-08 G35S is faster than the M45, however, the 07-08 G35x may not be all that faster than the M45.
    1997 Maxima
    1999 Passat

Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher
    No way can a stock M45 beat my 07 G35S from a stop to a quarter mile. End of story. It can't do it from a roll either, I generate more MPH than they do on my way through the quarter so I keep walking away.

My M which is the one in question has an exhaust and had an intake on it. Which in reality is really just a "sound effect" and maybe a liability considering the factory intake is really quite good. However, since last year, I realize that the m is a like you said "fat***, luxury sport sedan". The empahsis is really on the luxury side, with about a 55/45 split on that duality. The G is certainly more sport than the m45 sport. It is much smaller and I am sure significantly lighter. So a 306 hp G's power to weight ratio would mean you need close to a 500hp M to get the same ratio. Thats not exact, but just a blind guess. Like I said in my first post in this thread in over 8 months TxChristopher , the G is quick and it is nice. I was really impressed by it when I had it last week. So no I will not be comming to I assume Texas from Virginia to race you in the 1/4 mile! The m45 is a cruiser with some torque and will go if you tell it to. The G is good at what it does, though its not the best at what it does, it just does it at the better price, for now. For what I need or want , its just a little small on the inside. Other than that, a great car.
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by christophersmith0341
    My M which is the one in question has an exhaust and had an intake on it. Which in reality is really just a "sound effect" and maybe a liability considering the factory intake is really quite good. However, since last year, I realize that the m is a like you said "fat***, luxury sport sedan". The empahsis is really on the luxury side, with about a 55/45 split on that duality. The G is certainly more sport than the m45 sport. It is much smaller and I am sure significantly lighter. So a 306 hp G's power to weight ratio would mean you need close to a 500hp M to get the same ratio. Thats not exact, but just a blind guess. Like I said in my first post in this thread in over 8 months TxChristopher , the G is quick and it is nice. I was really impressed by it when I had it last week. So no I will not be comming to I assume Texas from Virginia to race you in the 1/4 mile! The m45 is a cruiser with some torque and will go if you tell it to. The G is good at what it does, though its not the best at what it does, it just does it at the better price, for now. For what I need or want , its just a little small on the inside. Other than that, a great car.
    Hey the M is a great car. The two are not competitors anyway. I like the G, but yes it is smaller inside by a good bit compared to the M, and the M is more "luxury" slanted. The G makes a great car for wifey to blast around in the neighborhood and the mall parking lots, and then I can treat it like a 2002 Camaro LS1 when I am driving it because to me it feels very very similar in handling, braking, and acceleration.

The M is by no means a slouch in performance though, its a well rounded luxury sports sedan with muscle to flex if needed. Different mission, different results. Two great cars.

Maybe my kill was an M35...couldn't tell. But either way it was an M. The Q45 is actually surprising quick for a car of it's size and non-sport-like attributes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12