The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: M45 Kill

  1. #21
    Very nice...I skunked an M a few weeks ago too from a stop light.
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)

  2. #22
    with what?

    Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen
    Very nice...I skunked an M a few weeks ago too from a stop light.
    2006 M45 Sport, Black with Bourbon, ALL Options, Element114 Exhaust
    1997 Maxima
    1999 Passat

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeel
    with what?
    I know, ihope not a q45. Though since last august I have settled down some. I hope Infiniti's next v8 really produces some real performance for the sake of the new Q and M alike. For all of our sakes.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

  4. #24
    yes the m's might be nice.. but those new g sedans pull..

    It wouldn't surprise me at all if the g was quicker.
    -Chad
    Go VOLS
    2005 G35 coupe 6spd w/nav

  5. #25
    I own a 03 M45, and I just got a G35x as a loaner a few weeks ago. It was definitely a nice little peppy car, but my M is much quicker, both off the line and on the top end. I do know that my year M has a bit of a weight advantage and torque advantage over the new M, but I can't imagine there is that much of a difference. Also I was a bit thrown off at how cheap the interior fealt in the G. No offense because i really did like the car as a whole, but everything from the console to the placement of the window buttons bugged me. Was nice to have All Wheel drive in the snow though!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeel
    with what?
    My Q45...

    Bros...the F50 may look like a hog but it has some very strong get up from the line, and is amazing on the highway if you want to go there.
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)

  7. #27
    Aren't we talking about the same 4.5 litre? Unless you've done some serious mods, how could it skunk an m45? Talking about the q45, not the g.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

  8. #28
    I can't see you beating an M45 by 2 car lengths (with a passenger). A tie maybe, but I guess it all depends on driver, the launch, and the car specifics. Anywho, good kill.
    Dam! Dam!! Damm!!!

  9. #29
    impressive kill! g37 is, indeed, a massive improvement over the previous models. regular vq35 wouldn've had a chance against the m45.
    (\ψ/)
    (дед)
    c('')('')

    2007 FJ Cruiser
    2004 Silverstone 350z

  10. #30
    No way can a stock M45 beat my 07 G35S from a stop to a quarter mile. End of story. It can't do it from a roll either, I generate more MPH than they do on my way through the quarter so I keep walking away.

    M owners feel free to cry all you want, but the truth remains the truth.

    Bone stock my G ran a 13.53 at Houston Raceway park, and I walk away from fat assed M's. The slowest pass it has ever made has been a 13.6, a fairly large safety margin against the "My m 45 runs 0-60 5.2 and a 1/4 @13.89 @ 101.7" which is the fastest, but still too slow, that I have seen from an M, and that one is modded.

    G35 > M45 in a drag race. Live with it.

  11. #31
    What mods have you done to your M45? Do you have both the G and the M?

    Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher
    No way can a stock M45 beat my 07 G35S from a stop to a quarter mile. End of story. It can't do it froma roll either, I generate more MPH than they do on my way through the quarter so I keep walking away.

    M owners feel free to cry all you want, but the truth remains the truth.

    Bone stock my G ran a 13.53 at Houston Raceway park, and I walk away from fat assed M's. The slowest pass it has ever made has been a 13.6, a fairly large safety margin against the "My m 45 runs 0-60 5.2 and a 1/4 @13.89 @ 101.7" which is the fastest, but still too slow, that I have seen from an M, and that one is modded.

    G35 > M45 in a drag race. Live with it.
    2006 M45 Sport, Black with Bourbon, ALL Options, Element114 Exhaust
    1997 Maxima
    1999 Passat

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeel
    What mods have you done to your M45? Do you have both the G and the M?
    No sorry I have the 2007 G35S. I was quoting the M45 owner who was bragging that he ran a 13.89 in his modded M45. Thats impressive, but 07+ G35's run faster bone stone factory stock.

    Both are nice cars but the fact is that the new G35 is faster than the M45 for now.

  13. #33
    I agree, the 07-08 G35S is faster than the M45, however, the 07-08 G35x may not be all that faster than the M45.
    2006 M45 Sport, Black with Bourbon, ALL Options, Element114 Exhaust
    1997 Maxima
    1999 Passat

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher
    No way can a stock M45 beat my 07 G35S from a stop to a quarter mile. End of story. It can't do it from a roll either, I generate more MPH than they do on my way through the quarter so I keep walking away.

    M owners feel free to cry all you want, but the truth remains the truth.

    Bone stock my G ran a 13.53 at Houston Raceway park, and I walk away from fat assed M's. The slowest pass it has ever made has been a 13.6, a fairly large safety margin against the "My m 45 runs 0-60 5.2 and a 1/4 @13.89 @ 101.7" which is the fastest, but still too slow, that I have seen from an M, and that one is modded.

    G35 > M45 in a drag race. Live with it.
    My M which is the one in question has an exhaust and had an intake on it. Which in reality is really just a "sound effect" and maybe a liability considering the factory intake is really quite good. However, since last year, I realize that the m is a like you said "fat***, luxury sport sedan". The empahsis is really on the luxury side, with about a 55/45 split on that duality. The G is certainly more sport than the m45 sport. It is much smaller and I am sure significantly lighter. So a 306 hp G's power to weight ratio would mean you need close to a 500hp M to get the same ratio. Thats not exact, but just a blind guess. Like I said in my first post in this thread in over 8 months TxChristopher , the G is quick and it is nice. I was really impressed by it when I had it last week. So no I will not be comming to I assume Texas from Virginia to race you in the 1/4 mile! The m45 is a cruiser with some torque and will go if you tell it to. The G is good at what it does, though its not the best at what it does, it just does it at the better price, for now. For what I need or want , its just a little small on the inside. Other than that, a great car.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by christophersmith0341
    My M which is the one in question has an exhaust and had an intake on it. Which in reality is really just a "sound effect" and maybe a liability considering the factory intake is really quite good. However, since last year, I realize that the m is a like you said "fat***, luxury sport sedan". The empahsis is really on the luxury side, with about a 55/45 split on that duality. The G is certainly more sport than the m45 sport. It is much smaller and I am sure significantly lighter. So a 306 hp G's power to weight ratio would mean you need close to a 500hp M to get the same ratio. Thats not exact, but just a blind guess. Like I said in my first post in this thread in over 8 months TxChristopher , the G is quick and it is nice. I was really impressed by it when I had it last week. So no I will not be comming to I assume Texas from Virginia to race you in the 1/4 mile! The m45 is a cruiser with some torque and will go if you tell it to. The G is good at what it does, though its not the best at what it does, it just does it at the better price, for now. For what I need or want , its just a little small on the inside. Other than that, a great car.
    Hey the M is a great car. The two are not competitors anyway. I like the G, but yes it is smaller inside by a good bit compared to the M, and the M is more "luxury" slanted. The G makes a great car for wifey to blast around in the neighborhood and the mall parking lots, and then I can treat it like a 2002 Camaro LS1 when I am driving it because to me it feels very very similar in handling, braking, and acceleration.

    The M is by no means a slouch in performance though, its a well rounded luxury sports sedan with muscle to flex if needed. Different mission, different results. Two great cars.

  16. #36
    Maybe my kill was an M35...couldn't tell. But either way it was an M. The Q45 is actually surprising quick for a car of it's size and non-sport-like attributes.
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •