The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charger Kill

Charger Kill

My boy picked up a hemi charger last weekend and could'nt wait to try me. Last night, it was finally on. After a couple of months of " I 'm going to eat you and that m45 up" it was time to see. Well, the charger is plenty fast, fast enough for most people I suppose. However, my m45, which I feel is probably faster than average outright smoked him at all levels. Standing start, rolling start, 40mph start, 60mph start, and post 100 mph. Not to mention the 45 sport is soooo sweet in the corners and turns, things the charger rt could'nt dream of. That was the first and last time we'll go at it because we're both too competetive and its too much of a rivalry. Plus I'll win all the time and it would'nt be good for him. Just kidding!!
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

One more thing

Is it normal that I beat a GTO? I got him by a car length light to light @ about 80mph. But my m45 is Fast.
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

Quote Originally Posted by christophersmith0341
    Is it normal that I beat a GTO? I got him by a car length light to light @ about 80mph. But my m45 is Fast.
    Based on the below specs, it is not normal to beat a GTO.
    1987 Ferrari GTO Evoluzione Specifications - Specs
    price $767 600 USD
    engine Twin Turbo V8
    174.2 cu in
    power 650.0 bhp @ 7800 rpm
    torque 667.0 nm / 491.9 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm
    drive wheels Mid Engine / RWD
    weight 940 kg / 2072 lbs
    top speed 370.0 kph / 229.9 mph
    0 - 60 mph 4.0 seconds

However, you may have a rare factory prototype M45 that accidentally got loaded on a boat & sent to the USA.
    How many miles to the gallon do you get? :p

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_C
    Based on the below specs, it is not normal to beat a GTO.
    1987 Ferrari GTO Evoluzione Specifications - Specs
    price $767 600 USD
    engine Twin Turbo V8
    174.2 cu in
    power 650.0 bhp @ 7800 rpm
    torque 667.0 nm / 491.9 ft lbs @ 4800 rpm
    drive wheels Mid Engine / RWD
    weight 940 kg / 2072 lbs
    top speed 370.0 kph / 229.9 mph
    0 - 60 mph 4.0 seconds

However, you may have a rare factory prototype M45 that accidentally got loaded on a boat & sent to the USA.
    How many miles to the gallon do you get? :p

LOL, not a Ferrari man, a FORD GTO ... hehehe
    Car #1: 05 Mitsubishi Evo 9with Too mnay Mods 450WHP.
    Car #2: 07 M35 Sport Mods: Clear Bra / JL 12W6 Subwoofer / JL 500/1 Amp / 20% 3M Tint / Aeroized/2 Invision Headrest 7" TV's

On the Way: JIC VIP COilovers and need HELP finding some 20" Rims.....

Quote Originally Posted by NO1B4ME
    LOL, not a Ferrari man, a FORD GTO ... hehehe
    LOL, not a Ford man, a Pontiac GTO...
    Jim

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." Albert Einstein, 1938

Yea, I appologize. One of those late model 2 door pontiac gto's with the 5.7L. I think they made them from 2003 to 2006 maybe?
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

Yeah, my brother has one. It's a Pontiac. I think it's a 400HP car with pretty torquey engine though. I know it was extremely fast. I'd be surprised if the M was faster.
    2010 Infiniti G37S Convertible
    2010 Audi R8-V10, Carbon Everywhere
    2011 Lexus GX460p
    3 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia (one red, one black, one metallic black!)
    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello- Once a month
    1996 Mazda RX-7- Twice a month
    1961 Ferrari 250GT LWB- Practically never

Driver

If it was an 04, and I could'nt tell, they have 350 hp. Anythinh after that, 400hp. This guy was trying. I think it may have been the former, which is beatable.
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

The GTOs are faster than our M45s. I tried one, I think it was rather new, may be an 06, and I could not keep up with it. They GTO is smaller than M45, it comes with the vette motor, so there is no compitition. But great job on the charger, I was so looking forward to the results.... I been wanting to try those 300c and R/T chargers but never got the chance.... I am glad you did.......
    2006 M45 Sport, Black with Bourbon, ALL Options, Element114 Exhaust
    1997 Maxima
    1999 Passat

Nice job on the charger...did he have any mods?

The GTO is crazy fast. In 04 it had 5.7L and in 05-06 it had a 6.0L.
    2009 FX35 - Debadged, 20% tint all around, 40% tint on the windshield, painted taillights, painted grill, LED reverse, lisence plate, and running lights, & 24" Giovanna Dalar.

The charger was stock and he's my boy so I 'm playing it down... a little!! He sure used to have a lot to say from my passenger seat of all places. The GTO must have been a 04 because unless he was just playing around, I got em. To the point where at the next light he just looked at me, gave me the approval nod and eased on out of ther. And I stress eased. I maintain what I have always said which is my 45 is faster than average. I have this thing running hard. I consider it a four door luxury hot rod. People tell me all the time they had no idea Infiniti made such a good looking hot rod. My 45 is mean. It sounds like a muted mustang and runs sooo freely, even with rims.
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

Here you go w/ more of your lame ass street racing stories. Why don't you just buy an EVO if racing is what you care about?

i really dislike when people do that (jwaters). if you dont like his racing stories, dont read his threads. better yet, dont reply to them. just pass over them and then every1 will be happy, even you......

do you even have a nissan/infiniti? cuz according to your sig you dont.
    2009 FX35 - Debadged, 20% tint all around, 40% tint on the windshield, painted taillights, painted grill, LED reverse, lisence plate, and running lights, & 24" Giovanna Dalar.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny917
    i really dislike when people do that (jwaters). if you dont like his racing stories, dont read his threads. better yet, dont reply to them. just pass over them and then every1 will be happy, even you......

do you even have a nissan/infiniti? cuz according to your sig you dont.
    Socrates Here: Family squabbles again!

Listen, our US Marine (Christopher Smith, 0341 MOS for mortar man) brother continues w/his US Marine heritage-as evidenced by his current thread title: Charger Kill. We were taught by experts to simply make the other fellow die for his country-no more, no less. When the US wants such behavior we are the saviors of the country, when not we are the forgotten; witness the mistreated mangled vets of every conflict.

Being able to leave the "killer (bigger penis than yours-in this case)" behind is way hard after having heartily nurtured it for god, country and Corps. As the years, and gawd forbid a tragedy, wear it down mortar man will possibly learn to conform to the norm. But until then, it is healthy that he hear others concern, however worded for his current behavior which on the street where our loved ones reside could , and too often does, horribly backfire ( pun intended).

We love you mortar man and your killer instinct, but we don't want to lose those we love in some stupid, out of place street race. Take that beautiful, big machine of yours (and your M too..!) and put it on a track where it belongs; then recount your stories herein.

Oh, I also don't have my '08 M as yet. Soon tho. Won't you be jealous..?!!
    Jim

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." Albert Einstein, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by jwaters943
    Here you go w/ more of your lame ass street racing stories. Why don't you just buy an EVO if racing is what you care about?
    Hey man, I apologize for upsetting you this wonderful day. I am not a "street racer". The charger kill was my good friend and its just for kicks. The gto was really by happinstance, and was really just for fun. Look, seems to me you take this thing way too seriously. Also, about the evo whatever, I am past that age bracket. I really don't know why I am responding to you. I can't recall myself ever really trying to deficate on someone elses story, even if I did'nt like it.

FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY!!!
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

For real, maybe you should stick to the hondas and not get an M45... you don't seem to understand the performance brand that Nissan/Infiniti is if you're recommending an EVO... And being that the title was "Charger Kill" I'd think if you didn't want to read it you wouldn't have, and certainly your response was a little B-I-T-C-H-y... :gorgeous:

Manners people... get some.

Perhaps you're just PMSing about the wife making you drive lame little SUVs or something?

If some of you are representative of majority of Infiniti M owners maybe I don't want one. We all know it's a great car, but I've never encountered such displays of insecurity and self importance on the BMW 5-Series, Lexus GS, and Audi A6 forums I visit. I honestly would expect posts like this from a bunch of teenagers on a Mustang or EVO forum, not owners of a $50k luxury sport sedan.

As for attacking the vehicles I own, please keep this on topic. I could drive a Yugo for all it matters. It still wouldn't change the fact that some of you are egotistical, insecure little boys who use the car they drive to define them and make up for certain "shortcomings".

Have a nice day speedracers. I just hope for the sake of other motorists on the road you don't end up in a situation like Hulk Hogan's son, or worse.

If some of you are representative of majority of Infiniti M owners maybe I don't want one. We all know it's a great car, but I've never encountered such displays of insecurity and self importance on the BMW 5-Series, Lexus GS, and Audi A6 forums I visit. I honestly would expect posts like this from a bunch of teenagers on a Mustang or EVO forum, not owners of a $50k luxury sport sedan.

As for attacking the vehicles I own, please keep this on topic. I could drive a Yugo for all it matters. It still wouldn't change the fact that some of you are egotistical, insecure little boys who use the car they drive to define them and make up for certain "shortcomings".

Have a nice day speedracers. I just hope for the sake of other motorists on the road you don't end up in a situation like Hulk Hogan's son, or worse.
    Again, I have to say you're way to serious. I am now 30 and got the car at 29. I still have good testosterone production and every now and then I may indulge in some spirited driving. I am not the one who will run up on the back of you and bulldoze you off the road. I don't drive aggressively. When my friend and I raced or let me change that. When we engaged in exhibitonism. That was at 10 pm on the beltway.(very few people) I just remembered you had the big issue with my avalon story. Look, I did'nt attack personally, and I really don't post on here to have verbal spats via a keyboard. If my stories upset you that much, cause you to make alliteration about penis size, and put you in a situation where you where you have to defend the vehichles you already have, thats not what this is about. I do remember making a comment about your vehicles when you got on me last time. I said "a honda pilot driver to m45 driver is like midnight to noonday." We may be at totaly different places in our lives. No, Infiniti probably never intended for 30 year olds and younger to buy M's and drive them "non-luxury" or sporty. I have a m45 sport btw. Maybe they did not intend on pre 45 year old levels of testosterone to be behind the wheel of m's either. And that maybe the problem here. I suspect strongly that you would'nt have such an issue in the G forum for the same antics. Why? Because you would expect that from the perceived younger G owner whom you don't identify with, or so you think. Consequintly, you have decided that you want a M45, because it is more in line with you demographically. However, when you come here and read of my exploits in the car that you want, it aggrivates you that something you want is not as exclusive or exclusivly used as you think it ought to be. Look sir, don't let what is said here sway you from what you want. I would love to read your post of how much you love your m45x, as you abide by all posted speed limits 100% of the time. For me, its not so much a luxury car as it is a four door sports car. I needed four doors, however this spring I am adding a 06 vette to hold me over until the m50. I know I am long this time but the root of you discontent is you don't like the way I treat a $50k car, one that you don't have yet. The realestae equivilant would be , nice neighborhood, love the house, but you see some young guy living two houses down, and you think he ruins the demographic. Suck it up!! I apologize to everone for my lack of brevity, but I have to really get at him.
    2006 m45 sport
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded

I honestly would expect posts like this from a bunch of teenagers on a Mustang or EVO forum, not owners of a $50k luxury sport sedan.
    Oh Johnnny, Johnny, Johnny!
    What should enthusiasts of M's talk about?
    Leather care product comparisons?
    Places your NAV system guided you too?
    Sirius vs XM?
    BMW, Lexus, Acura et al vs the M's?
    How about...where we park our M's at work?
    I mean..not that those are bad threads...but now that most of us have broken our M's in...some insist on taking them off the leash & having a bit of fun!

It is interesting to see the variety of ways M owners are enjoying their M's!
    Pretty diverse crowd in this forum yes?
    Bet you don't see this find of diversity on those other car enthusiasts forums you visit, eh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast