The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charger Kill

I would love to go to a track. I can't find one where I live. Too metropolitan. You all who live in places where it is so easy to go to a track are lucky. How does that work anyway? Are ther other cars there? Is it an oval? That's what I want to drive on. Is it a race? Can you drive on it by yourself, expensive? I live in norhtern va, just outside of d.c and we have nothing. I am chilling out since this thread on public roads though. Its such a fight to not punch it.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

Quote Originally Posted by christophersmith0341
    I would love to go to a track. I can't find one where I live. Too metropolitan. You all who live in places where it is so easy to go to a track are lucky. How does that work anyway? Are ther other cars there? Is it an oval? That's what I want to drive on. Is it a race? Can you drive on it by yourself, expensive? I live in norhtern va, just outside of d.c and we have nothing. I am chilling out since this thread on public roads though. Its such a fight to not punch it.
    I'm in Arlington currently actually. FYI the closest road racing track to us is Summit Point at West Virginia about an hr west (which is really close as far as tracks go); unfortunately for most of us driving couple hundred miles/several hours to a track day is the norm, but it's really worth it. I'm not sure of drag strips, but a search on google can probably turn up results. Do a search on HPDE, that can probably tell you everything you need to know.

Shoot, I'll drive out there for the chance to drive on an oval track. I drive out to winchester just to drive out there. How does it work? Do you have to make an appointment, is it a race to sign up for? Can you drive on it by yourself? Let me know, I'll go out there. I live in Alexandria.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

Quote Originally Posted by christophersmith0341
    Shoot, I'll drive out there for the chance to drive on an oval track. I drive out to winchester just to drive out there. How does it work? Do you have to make an appointment, is it a race to sign up for? Can you drive on it by yourself? Let me know, I'll go out there. I live in Alexandria.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Pe...vers_Education

There's many orgnaizers, national ones like NASA, PCAm BMWCCA, etc. and local/small ones like local Miata or Stang clubs, here's NASA's site:
    http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html

technically it's not a race in that it's not officially timed (this might be different on the west coast, not sure) but most people out there are there to push themselves (under the rules of course). An easy way to let off some steam/adrenaline is to sign up for an autocross, those can usually be found in or near cities and are cheaper/easier to ge involved with than a track day. Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123