The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 99 Nissan Altima 5 Speed Kills

99 Nissan Altima 5 Speed Kills

im from pennsylvania and i dnt kno if you guys have sheetz wherever you guys are at but we meet up and go down the highway afterwards on the highway i beat a 94 gti w/ intake exhaust and a 4cyl tibouron w/ an intake i didnt think it was anything special till tonite

i was on emaus ave when it turns into 2 lanes and a 4 door integra with an intake...you could hear it...flys past me and i speed up a little bit and we both got caught at the light i took it easy out of first till i heard him get on it then i got on it...he had a passenger i was alone and he never got ahead of me... i was pulling on him thru first and second gear when he missed 3rd gear and i took off. i slowed down because of the corner but he proceeded to whip thru the corner almost crashing.

i havent lost yet to a 4cyl car but i havent raced anything that serious yet... wait i lied i lost to a prelude

i need to race a civic see how he does against me

tell me wat u guys think

99 nissan altima gxe 5peed stock motor
    lookin for 3.5 6 speed maxima
    (i wanna try and race this acura TL my friend has)

Seriously, grow up.

Your buddy will beat you in the TL.

How old are you? From your post, I am guessing 16 or 17? If you insist on racing, please be careful and don't hurt anyone.

So are you from easton, pa? I hear there have been a lot of break ins and car windows getting smashed due to gangs or something. Have you noticed anything?

Is stock cars vs. stock cars....really even racing...?

Quote Originally Posted by pwhitersxs
    Seriously, grow up.

Your buddy will beat you in the TL.

How old are you? From your post, I am guessing 16 or 17? If you insist on racing, please be careful and don't hurt anyone.

So are you from easton, pa? I hear there have been a lot of break ins and car windows getting smashed due to gangs or something. Have you noticed anything?
    haha +1

im from easton but i live in allentown

i have a systm in my car n it was never stolen
    i heard about break ins tho

and my bad if i have nutin done major to my car its an altima wat can i do? and this is a nissan website isnt that enough?

i am careful when i race im always the one to slow down first and i dnt drive like a maniac all the time

I'm not old, I am 22, but I did some dumb racing stuff when I was 16. I did grow up from it. All I have to say is becareful. I am not trying to "harp" on you, just saying its better to be safe than sorry.

Yes this is a nissan website and no it is not enough! This is one of the best sites with friendly people. Just kick back in your spare time and read about altima's or 240's for that matter(the 91-94 240sx and altima have the same engine). Sadly those nbc commercials saying knowledge is power are true!

It is good that you slow down first because you won't be the first one to crash! lol.

What can you do? Find out where an auto cross is. OR find out where there is a track close to you, go there and pay money to race on the track. Have an instructor ride with you and enjoy the learning! You don't have money? Lame excuse. Driving on a track or an autox is fun and you will enjoy it.

Now, What can you do to your car? Not sure what the altima crowd does, but you can add a turbo to your car. You can swap in a sr20det if you wanted. Like I said, just read. If I were you, I would add a turbo, upgrade the injectors and save up for some type of engine management control. Of course you will need associated turbo mods such as intercooler, and exhaust.

If you have drum rear brakes, find a u pull it yard and swap out to discs. This doesn't need to be done, but it will teach you a lot.

Download the fsm(factory service manual) from phatg20.net. You can answer a lot of your own questions with this and it shows you how to work on your car.

I wasn't trying to rip on you for how you have nothing major on your car. Who cares that nothing major is done to your car. If you enjoy it, that's what matters...just becareful.

Hope I lead you in the right direction, and if you have any questions after researching and what not, don't be afraid to ask. Just make sure you ask an intelligent question and have decent grammar.

(My girlfriend is from catasaqua and my good friend is from easton. So I have been out that way and I can find my way around. One thing that's nice is I am 4-5 hours closer to the beach and they have good chicken at the music fest. Oh, and I like how there is two dunkin donuts right next to each other on some street. They got rid of most of the dunkin donuts in pittsburgh.) End rant.

Guys ease up with the snooty comments.

Having fun atr noite and telling about it is what this subforum is all about.

Good Kills Nissan rock on.

Fred...
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,