The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: November 2007 ROTM Winner

Exclamation November 2007 ROTM Winner

Congratulations to Chris Bohlen, aka Driver11324, of Sacred Heart University. By the narrowest of margins, his 1995 Nissan 240sx claimed the November victory. Chris's ride is truly a testament to the Freshalloy members that take an ordinary car, a dream, and a lot of elbow grease and turn it into an extraordinary vehicle. Chris's dedication and relentless effort to creating a top notch vehicle were made apparent in his narrative and photos, and resulted in his car being chosen to represent Freshalloy as its November Ride of the Month by the Freshalloy staff, moderators, and -new for this month- elite members.

Owner Narrative

This car is actually my first car. I bought it stock with a stock SR20DET swap done. My father and I picked the car up from a guy in Virginia and decided it would be a good idea to “Freshen” it up. We drove it straight to my dad’s auto body shop and from that day the car was a completely different car.

Every day after school I would do something to the car, including stripping it down to bare metal, taking the windows out, body work, and putting it back together. The decision on the color was a difficult one, but I decided on the color “LeMans Blue” from BMW. The interior was destroyed, so we replaced almost everything from the carpets to the seats. I put a small stereo in the car only so I can listen to something while I drive. I’d rather listen to the turbo and the sound of the motor than listen to music anyday.

The modifications were done over a two year period. I worked for 3 summers 9-5, and then the rest of the year half days to make the money for it. I spent all the money I worked for on this car. I don’t think I will ever sell my car, I put way too much time, money and effort into it.

I learned a lot from this build. I learned how to wire up electronics the right way, body work, and learned all about Nissans. All of the modifications listed below were installed by my Father and I.

Interior

- New Carpet
    - Megan Racing Seats (Worst Mod, didn’t have enough money for the good stuff)
    - Sparco Steering wheel
    - Sparco harnesses
    - Greddy 52mm gauges
    - Water Temp.
    - EGT
    - Autometer 52mm gauges
    - Boost
    - Oil Pressure
    - Greddy Turbo Timer
    - Evo 9 Shift Knob

Exterior

- BMW LeMans blue
    - Rolled and flared rear quarter panels
    - S14 side skirts
    - Stock bumper with marker light holes filled. Re-wired blinkers
    - JDM Rainguards
    - JDM Power Folding Mirrors

Wheels

5Zigen GN+ (Offsets forgotten)
    17x8.5 in the front
    17x9.5 In the rear

Performance

Engine Modifications

- SR20DET Red top
    - Garrett GT2871R .64
    - Enthalpy ROM tune
    - Greddy Emanage tuned by Rob(aka robthegr8) at No limit Motorsports
    - HKS Camshafts step 1- 264 in/ex
    - Nismo 740cc fuel Injectors
    - Tomei RAS
    - Greddy downpipe/ Apexi N1/ Test pipe
    - Cometic Headgasket
    - FMIC
    - Hybridynamics Intake piping/ Z32 MAFS/ Greddy air filter
    - NGK BKR7E Spark Plugs gapped to .028
    - Spec stage 2 clutch
    - VLSD
    - Koyo Radiator with two 12” electric fans
    - Nismo Thermostat
    - Samco Hoses
    - Sard R2D2 Blow off Valve

Suspension Modifications

- Tokico Blues with Tein S-techs
    - Battle Version RUCAS
    - Battle Version Toe rods
    - Energy Suspension Full bushing kit
    - Nismo Rear Subframe bushings
    - Nismo motor mounts and transmission mount
    - Skyline R32 Brakes in the front with 240sx Motoring SS Brake lines
    - Drilled and slotted rotors in the front with Hawk performance brake pads
    - Slotted rotors in the rear with Hawk performance brake pads

Congratulations again to Driver11324 and thanks to all who entered. As mentioned before, this was a very tight race. Chris won by a single vote, with 3 others all within a few votes of victory. Tough competition is what the ROTM is all about, and as previously stated there was some very worthy competition involved in this month's challenge. Think you've got a ride worthy of competing in next month's competition? Submit your ride to freshalloy_rotm@yahoo.com or brandon@freshalloy.com. You too could soon be the winner of a Freshalloy t-shirt and transfer decal seen here: http://http://forums2.freshalloy.com...d.php?t=174299.

Winners are also entered in the FA Ride of the Year contest, voted on by all Freshalloy members, the winner receiving a grand prize which has yet to be determined. Additionally, keep in mind our friends at Nissan Sport Magazine will be watching the ROTM threads for prospective vehicles to feature in their magazine!

Driver11324

This thread is now open for praise and discussion.
    09 M35S - Liquid Platinum

Dark Energy Rules
    Congratulations to Chris. I can say I was one whom voted for his car (not because the others weren't worthy because it was a tough choice) because of what is said at the beginning of this post - taking a car and making it your own with a lot of hard work and time. The end result is a clean but markedly changed vehicle that says a lot for its' owner's initiative and enterprise.

But I also liked all of the other entrant vehicles as well and this was apparent in that the competition was very, very close with every entrant in contention literally down to the final hours of the vote. All of the other entrants can rest assurred that they had more than a fair amount of support as well.

- Riff

It was a tough choice..

This car has grassroots committment written all over it.

A true Winner in the Freshalloy tradition!!

Fred..
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

This one is my favorite.

Sweet ride!
    09 M35S - Liquid Platinum

just look on the back of the wheels to see the offsets...

Quote Originally Posted by s14wannab
    just look on the back of the wheels to see the offsets...
    Do you need them? If you do, just pm me, I will check this weekend.

awesome congratulations!
    Thanks!
    William Perdigon

congrats on the win! a very nicely done car and especially that you did it all your self!

A beautiful job. Be proud! I wonder what you might do when you "grow up..?"
    Jim

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." Albert Einstein, 1938

congrats I felt this choice was an easy one
    04 G35 Coupe 6MT l Cobb Tuning Springs and Sways - Tokico D-Spec Struts - Eibach/SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit - Circuit Sports FSTB - Nismo Diff Cover - Forgestar F14 19x10+20 and 19x11+33 - Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 - Seibon CF front lip