The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: VQ35HR twin turbo kit

VQ35HR twin turbo kit

http://news.smartdownloads.net/Auto/...-79645254.html

SEMA 2007 Spotlight: Greddy Nissan 350Z VQ35HR twin turbo kit

Nissan's VQ35DE engine began a rush of aftermarket development when it was thrown into the 350Z in 2003. However, come 2007 Nissan decided that the single throttle body setup of the 3.5L V6 engine did not amount to the best performance (aka they had to beat BMW in the power wars) so they added another, thus producing the VQ35HR. Of course this move on Nissan's part left the aftermarket world standing still as many popular performance products, particularly forced induction systems, developed for the VQ35DE did not translate to the HR version. That is why Greddy's new 350Z turbo kit caught our eye at the 2007 SEMA Show. It is the first available forced induction system for the VQ35HR powerplant. The kit uses cast iron exhaust manifolds, Greddy's own turbochargers, twin entry and exit intercooler along and Greddy's E-Manage engine management system that piggybacks on the Nissan ECU. Greddy claims it is good for 700-plus horsepower. Of course, that would come with proper engine tuning and stronger internal engine components, particularly connecting rods.
    09 M35S - Liquid Platinum

Nice!

With this engines somewhat beefier components compared to the original VQ35de upgraded internals just might not be neccessaary as long as boost is kept reasonable...

Can't wait for the first oines to hit the street.

Fred..
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

In my 2008 g35s sedan I just want about 400 hp or something that will get me to run high 12's. Would the stock engine and tranny (auto) be able to support that type of power? At what hp level would you have to start making those types of engine/tranny changes?

Quote Originally Posted by z-bail
    In my 2008 g35s sedan I just want about 400 hp or something that will get me to run high 12's. Would the stock engine and tranny (auto) be able to support that type of power? At what hp level would you have to start making those types of engine/tranny changes?
    you will be safe with the stock tranny. they can hold 1000hp or more
    whip your ass on gas
    1998 240sx 25.1 Backhalf RB26(forsale)
    2005 Titan CC
    2007 Titan KC
    2005 G35 coupe
    Sponsors
    www.vinnytenracing.com
    240sx | VQ35 | Twin Garrett GT42R | 2 Tial 44mm W/G | GF2000 Transmission | East West Clutch | Motec M800 ECU | CP Pistons | Calico Bearings | ARP Hardware | Weldon Fuel System | Cometic Head Gasket | Carrillo Connecting Rods | Jerry Bickel chassis components | NLR AMS1000

Quote Originally Posted by osofast240
    you will be safe with the stock tranny. they can hold 1000hp or more
    :sign_believethat:

Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher
    :sign_believethat:
    did it already about 3 years ago. now the supras are doing it now also, they are running 8.60's over 170mph on stock 6 speed.
    whip your ass on gas
    1998 240sx 25.1 Backhalf RB26(forsale)
    2005 Titan CC
    2007 Titan KC
    2005 G35 coupe
    Sponsors
    www.vinnytenracing.com
    240sx | VQ35 | Twin Garrett GT42R | 2 Tial 44mm W/G | GF2000 Transmission | East West Clutch | Motec M800 ECU | CP Pistons | Calico Bearings | ARP Hardware | Weldon Fuel System | Cometic Head Gasket | Carrillo Connecting Rods | Jerry Bickel chassis components | NLR AMS1000

TXCHris:

remember the poster who is asking has the auto Tranny not the 6 Speed Manual!

Fred
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwmd
    TXCHris:

remember the poster who is asking has the auto Tranny not the 6 Speed Manual!

Fred
    I can't buy it that the stock auto tranny can hold 1000 horses. No way in hell.

You'd probably want different gearing if you increased horsepower by 100 horses right?
    09 M35S - Liquid Platinum

Dark Energy Rules

Exclamation

Unless things have changed in the last year or two, I cannot see the stock auto tranny for a VQ35 holding 1000 horses for very long. The JATCO auto transmission used in the original G35 for example was sourced from the same one that was used in the Q45 (330 HP) and will probably last decently in a vehicle with <400HP at the crank. I have not heard that they are using any different type of unit - certainly not one that can accomodate more than tripling the crank horsepower! Why would they engineer that into a tranny for a lux sports sedan of well under 350 HP? It doesn't make sense.

Increase the HP numbers the unit is rated for by 600 (!) and you are looking at a greatly-decreased life time for the unit. JATCO is known for building robust transmissions, but 1000 horses is waaaay too much. It just isn't made for that kind of power so unless you drive like a granny (in which case, the FI upgrade seems rather .... silly) you are looking at having to spend a lot of money replacing transmissions.

I would highly recommend upgrading the unit with a Level 10/Stillen/other auto transmission upgrade if one is thinking of boosting the engine output to anything over 400HP, never mind 1000!

- Riff

If the stock G35 5AT could handle 1000 horses it would be THE transmission in the world famous for swaps for drag racing in EVERYTHING. If it could even handle 750 it would STILL be THE transmission everyone would put behind EVERYTHING.

I would be very suprised if the actual rating of the factory stock tranny was more than 125% of the power the car comes with, as in it can operate as reliably at 125% power just as it can with stock power, and last just as long. Most transmissions are far below that much spare capacity and operating them above 125%, while can be done, will mean the tranny will be going out in a hurry.

Stock RE5R05A will not old 1000 whp. That's ridiculous. Routinely people have pushed them up to the to around 400 whp on TT builds before seeing issues. Valve body and transmission cooler are the first fixes to help keep fluid temps from overheating which causes most of the failures. After that, upgraded clutch packs and a performance rebuild are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by helldorado
    Stock RE5R05A will not old 1000 whp. That's ridiculous. Routinely people have pushed them up to the to around 400 whp on TT builds before seeing issues. Valve body and transmission cooler are the first fixes to help keep fluid temps from overheating which causes most of the failures. After that, upgraded clutch packs and a performance rebuild are necessary.

took the words right out of my mouth -
    Thanks!
    William Perdigon

Quote Originally Posted by TxChristopher
    I can't buy it that the stock auto tranny can hold 1000 horses. No way in hell.
    Sorry I confusesd you with "osofast" who was saying it wa sfine so I was pointing out to him the asker has an auto tranny...... my point was that the auto <cant> hold as much power

so could you guys stop arguing and figure out why this wont fit in a g35 sedan.. lol... who needs a front bumper anyways
    2008 G35S :: All packages/Eibach Pro-Kit/15% Tints/Intimidator exhaust(1 more week)/19x9.5rear8.5front Sevas S-Star

but since you guys are talking about HP i just want like about 600... lol... nothing dragtastic like 1800
    2008 G35S :: All packages/Eibach Pro-Kit/15% Tints/Intimidator exhaust(1 more week)/19x9.5rear8.5front Sevas S-Star

Quote Originally Posted by miamispeedinG35S View Post
    so could you guys stop arguing and figure out why this wont fit in a g35 sedan.. lol... who needs a front bumper anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by miamispeedinG35S View Post
    but since you guys are talking about HP i just want like about 600... lol... nothing dragtastic like 1800
    Yeah, not too sure what your looking for or if there was a question in there, but....

There are TT kits out there available for the G35 sedan in the VQ35DET and the VQ35HR
    SCOTT @ RELENTLESS AUTOSPORTS
    Proudly building & driving some of the fastest Track & Dyno Proven, Daily Driven cars in the country