The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: RB30 Blocks - Much interest in the USA?

RB30 Blocks - Much interest in the USA?

Hey,

I am just curious to see if there is any interest in the States for the Nissan RB30 motors that we have here in Australia...

If someone could let me know it would be great...

Cheers,
    Peter

Might want to explain the difference over the rb25/26 mills as well as any advantage or disadvantage...also might want to have a similar post about this in the skyline forums.
    04 G35 Coupe 6MT l Cobb Tuning Springs and Sways - Tokico D-Spec Struts - Eibach/SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit - Circuit Sports FSTB - Nismo Diff Cover - Forgestar F14 19x10+20 and 19x11+33 - Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 - Seibon CF front lip

Will do.. in the mean time do you have the address for that site?

The problem with the RB30 block is there is a lot of custom modification needed to make them work with which ever RB you are mating them to.

I would rather swap a RB26 into my Gts-t than an RB30, just because of the ease and aftermarket support. And I dont have the time or knowledge to make the 30 work.

actually the rb26 head bolts directly to the rb30 block, only the holes in the block for mounting the head need be widened to suit the larger head bolts from a rb26. i actually have 2 rb30s for sale.

the sump/oil pickup also needs to be modified if I recall. There is someone on GTRCanada.com right now doing the build. And it's cost him big $$$ and a lot of time to complete the project.

the swap is so much more complex because hes retaining AWD on the gtr. if it was going in a RWD car he wouldnt have to mod the oil pan. check out some aussie skyline and calais forums and you will see. unless u have a gtr, this swap isnt as hard as some make it seem

ah ok that makes sense. Man what a crazy ride it would be to have a 30 block in my Gts-t!! :D

yea, some of the fastest skylines in aus/nz are powered by rb30s. they can make really stout numbers on a reconditioned stock bottom end.

rb30

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    The problem with the RB30 block is there is a lot of custom modification needed to make them work with which ever RB you are mating them to.

I would rather swap a RB26 into my Gts-t than an RB30, just because of the ease and aftermarket support. And I dont have the time or knowledge to make the 30 work.
    I have done several rb30 builds with bolth head with the 25 dead the only thing you need to do is add a tensioner and a oil restrictor. raw brokridge sells bolth. as well as tomei. rb26 head you have to do the same thing but you have to drill and tap the block for bigger head studs.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by [200] View Post
    Hey,

I am just curious to see if there is any interest in the States for the Nissan RB30 motors that we have here in Australia...

If someone could let me know it would be great...

Cheers,
    Peter
    im allways in the need of more rb30 blocks if there is way I will buy three or for my self at the right price. I have built several and would love to get in contact with you so I can get ahold of some more.