The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Race Story

Race Story

So, it's not technically an M story but I thought I'd post. I was on the way back from Napa in the F430 a few days ago and some fast Benz with C63 or 65 or something pulls up on me and tries to race me. I ignore him and he blows past me. Due to traffic I catch up about 2 minutes later and he tries to pass me again. This time I punch it while he is trying and blow way out in front. After getting oh I'd say 500 yards away from him, I slow to 80 and pull into the right lane and he passes by again. Point was made. I'm sure the car is fast and all but all I could think of while looking at it in the rear view mirror was travelling in Europe and the idea "what do you get when you put a big engine in a taxi? . . a taxi".
    2010 Infiniti G37S Convertible
    2010 Audi R8-V10, Carbon Everywhere
    2011 Lexus GX460p
    3 2011 Ferrari 458 Italia (one red, one black, one metallic black!)
    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello- Once a month
    1996 Mazda RX-7- Twice a month
    1961 Ferrari 250GT LWB- Practically never

OK I just looked that car up. No wonder it was fast. Sheesh, they put a 450 horsepower engine. . . in a C class? On wall street we call that putting lipstick on a pig.
    2011 Lexus GX460p

I'm sorry, but a C63 is no "pig". Fact is, a F430 is not all that much faster.
    Current vehicles:
    2008 Cadillac CTS
    2009 Corvette Z06
    2008 Mazda CX9
    2005 Honda Goldwing
    2006 Yamaha FJR 1300

2006 M45 gone 4/08 - best car I ever owned!

Wild boar, maybe. I thought I read the C63 wouldn't be available until April. No?
    Through a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats.

'07 M35 Sport
    Obsidian/Bourbon-Rose/Aero
    Adv.Tech./XM/35% Tint
    Debadged/Nav Hack/Billet Grille

Quote Originally Posted by Mark35S
    Wild boar, maybe. I thought I read the C63 wouldn't be available until April. No?
    The C63 hasn't reached production in USA as far as I know. Maybe he saw a CLS63. If not, he spotted one of the few pre-production C63's on US mainland....
    '06 M45 Sport
    Diamond Graphite/Stone/Tint/Loaded/ w/o Rear DVD
    Wish List: +100HP, BBK, Coilovers, Exhaust, Rims <- One of these is in the works
    --
    "Cars are made in a factory, not in heaven. Anything is possible."

nono, I know what a "CLS" looks like and that was most definately a C class followed by two numbers 6 and something.
    2011 Lexus GX460p

Quote Originally Posted by Trincap
    nono, I know what a "CLS" looks like and that was most definately a C class followed by two numbers 6 and something.
    C63 if it was real. Was is the new body style C class or the previous generation?

I'd be okay with that "pig with lipstick"
    '06 M45 Sport
    Wish List: +100HP, BBK, Coilovers, Exhaust, Rims <- One of these is in the works
    --

Oh, I'm not sure about body style. Ha, I was just about to type that you guys are crazy because I saw another C6X today on the road and clearly they are being sold but if they did it previously then "shrug" who knows.

P.S. You don't want that thing man. Cmon now, only enthusiasts will think that is anything but a "C". Hell, I'm an enthusiast and I didn't know squat about that car and all I could think was (whistle) "Taxi!". You want a little cache; no? Not saying become a poser but a leeeettle cache is nice.
    2011 Lexus GX460p

Quote Originally Posted by Trincap
    Oh, I'm not sure about body style. Ha, I was just about to type that you guys are crazy because I saw another C6X today on the road and clearly they are being sold but if they did it previously then "shrug" who knows.

P.S. You don't want that thing man. Cmon now, only enthusiasts will think that is anything but a "C". Hell, I'm an enthusiast and I didn't know squat about that car and all I could think was (whistle) "Taxi!". You want a little cache; no? Not saying become a poser but a leeeettle cache is nice.
    The old C class was a joke; the new one is much nicer. I dont have an arsenal of cars in my garage like you - i can afford only one at a time. A C63 would make me happy
    '06 M45 Sport
    --

Yeah and the C63's aren't just a different engine. Anyone could tell it's not a standard C-Class. I mean these aren't like civic si's, people know when they see AMG what that means.