The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: my first car my first 240sx

my first car my first 240sx

as i handed the man he's money i knew i made the right decesion. i bought the car ive always wanted and dreamed about. Countless days i would tell myself i will own a nissan 240sx even if it kills me i will own one. i worked long and hard days at a crummy kfc saving every dollar i could. as i sat in the 240sx i knew right then and there it was perfect. the car did have problems, it was not perfect kinda like me. As i started the car though it was a ka24e i felt like i was rockin a rb. gripping the shifter and depressing the clutch to put it in reverse to back out he's driveway i was in total zen.
    sense this was my first time drivin a manual i stalled it many times. Oh it really didnt help that there was no plates, no insurance, and ah oh ya no license. i had a permit but to me it was worth the risk driving all the way back home. within the first hour of me owning my own 240sx i raced a grand am lol it was my buddy i had a extra tranny in the back mind u with another person sittin in the passenger seat so the car was heavy. mind u im not much of a light weight ether . well that was easy right after that a wrx flies by so, door to door at a 50 roll well i got spanked but even though it felt great.
    as i made it home i was exhausted,tired but i can sleep easier now, now i dont have to dream.

reading that takes me back to 2002, when i bought my S14 zenki. it was december 17, and i was looking for a 240 all over the place. i had gone to one of those maroone used car sales events at dolphin stadium ( i live in south florida), and saw exactly ZERO 240's.

so im on US1 heading south to homestead, when all of a sudden i see an s14 in this used car parking lot, beautiful. i screamed at my pops and he almost crashes. we pull into the lot, and lo and behold. i still remember the rims it originally came with. ASA Racing Concept 1's. 16x7.5 those rims were so sexy on this car. i miss them so much.

but yeah, i was like "holy crap its 5-speed. i cant do 5-speed"

and my pops is like "tommy, ur not gonna find this car anywhere. i'll teach you."

we go home, think about it, come back the next day, and my pops drives it home with me shotgun.

i never messed up the transmission. it took me about a month to really get used to driving 5-speed. but once i did, it was a dream.

driving down US1 in downtown miami at 2 in the morning in ur zenki, music blastin, yellow foglights gleaming, exhaust note goin... cool breeze comin thru the open windows...its a dream, man.

i love my car.
    They (once) call(ed) me the Nismo Knight...

'95 Nissan 240SX base, 5-speed, pearl white

JWT ECU
    JWT Pop-charger
    Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
    RPS stage 1 clutch kit (RPS pressure plate, Exedy clutch)
    SS Autochrome N1 dual exhaust
    OBX short shifter
    Tokico Blues
    Eibach Pro-Kit springs

Quote Originally Posted by psypher22
    reading that takes me back to 2002, when i bought my S14 zenki.
    Reading both stories brings me back to 1990. Remove "240" from 8urV8's story and insert "510" and you pretty much have my story summed up.:D

Good times they were....
    1968 Datsun Roadster - SR20DET

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/698904

Quote Originally Posted by detroadster
    Reading both stories brings me back to 1990. Remove "240" from 8urV8's story and insert "510" and you pretty much have my story summed up.:D

Good times they were....
    Now that was the funniest thing I've read all day LOL

Can't stop laughing....
    07 Versa SL