The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 2003 M45 vs. 1st Gen G Sedan, I-20 Eastbound through ATL

2003 M45 vs. 1st Gen G Sedan, I-20 Eastbound through ATL

What up ladies and gentlemen?! Just sharing a little fun I had last night on I-20. I was leaving the West End heading I-20 East crossing over the 75/85 bridge, when I notice some body riding my @$$. The glance up at the rearview took only a quick one to recognize another Infiniti(you know we love our cars). It was a 1st gen G sedan, probably an 04/05. This guy is just riding my bumper like crazy for about 2 miles (medium traffic)! As soon as traffic opened up, he lined up, and pulled on me! I really had no intentions of a race until then. He jumps about a quarter mile ahead, and then I gun it. We line up, rolling around 70mph. He guns before me, and begins to walk away up until about 90 when my baby started reminding me why I love her.... I catch his @$$, then begin moonwalking on him like Michael Jackson in his prime! He got scared around 120 (got smart is better wording considering traffic got a little more condensed). We then began to dance between 80 & 100+, depending on traffic. It was more of him mashing on me and me catching him in this range. His car looked stock and had one passenger that I could see. I'm rolling heavy, chrome 22" rims (hopefully replacing with a staggered set of 20's if I can ever come across some springs!) and was riding alone. Long story short, the G35 was quicker, but my M45 had plenty of reserve power at the top end that either his speed limiter or powertrain couldn't keep up with. It was fun as I haven't been challenged by a car that could keep up with me in awhile. Usually I see the cars that I know would smoke me in areas or times (rush hour) that don't lend favorable conditions to spirited driving (Buckhead & Dunwoody areas) so I don't get to play. Well, hope you enjoyed my story. Peace and blessings ya'll.
    2003 M45
    2001 Monte Carlo SS
    1993 Honda Civic EX
    2005 FX45 (wifey's)
    "May your pain be champagne!"

Are you able to peel out from a standstill on the M45?
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)

Not really with the 22's, stocks were capable of doughnuts. More weight & better traction limit it even with the traction control off. Now wet pavement is another story....(dancing with the stars anyone?)
    2003 M45
    2001 Monte Carlo SS
    1993 Honda Civic EX
    2005 FX45 (wifey's)

Quote Originally Posted by seldomseen
    Are you able to peel out from a standstill on the M45?
    I have 20's and with the vdc off I can stomp on it and peel out. Stock rims were even better.
    2006 m45 sport
    injen intake/sri setup/ gone and won't be missed
    custom exhaust
    20"mizzanos
    fully loaded
    2008 M5 loaded,what I wish the M could be.

Since I bought my Q I never tried seeing if it can peel out from stand still. I know that it can haul tail on the highway though. :D

I've never been able to do a burnout in my '02 until I put the supercharger on. With a 2.78 rear end, you need a lot of power. On my second '02, I installed a diff from an automatic 350Z with the 3.3 gears....wow....biggest burnout I ever did.

The 03 m45'S ROCK.

But get rid of those 22's!!

Fred..
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwmd
    The 03 m45'S ROCK.

But get rid of those 22's!!

Fred..
    LOL. I totally agree (They were originally for wifey's FX). Whenever I find some used springs for it, I will jump on staggered 20's. My baby needs to go on a diet.
    2003 M45
    2001 Monte Carlo SS
    1993 Honda Civic EX
    2005 FX45 (wifey's)

The 03/04 M45's have a timeless look going on.

I "tried" peeling out yesterday just for $h1ts and giggles. I disabled the VDC and pretty much floored it. I don't even remember a chirp but the Q45 did launch like a rocket though despite being such a large and heavy car! :D