The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: If you could have any features on your EX, what would they be?

If you could have any features on your EX, what would they be?

We've talked about all kinds of neat things we would like for future generation models of the EX, including: A/C seats, bigger wheels, perhaps more rear seat room, (I personally could go for another or more powerful sub woofer), maybe a manual transmission, etc etc. What else? I think since this automobile is so techy, it would be cool to have DVD screens in the headrests.
    EXceptional Woman
    2008 EX35 AWD
    Dark Currant/ Chestnut
    2000 Accord Coupe EX V6

Heads up display
    Sport suspension package for the 2WD with a real limited slip differential.
    Magnetic Shocks with 3 tuning modes.
    6/7 speed automatic
    A sound system without any Bose components.
    A cargo net for the rear hatch area.
    A passenger seat that folds flat so you can carry something longer.
    A button to open the rear hatch on the fob and dash.

Ill second the vote on the fold-flat front seat, 6/7 speed transmission, heads-up display, and non-Bose audio system. What I want the most, however, is that the dimensions NOT be changed would hate to see the EX grow larger since its just the perfect size right now.

A larger choice of colors would be nice as well (just love the copper color on the FX), and a darker gray interior color. Graphite is too dark; stone is too light would like something in the middle.

And, of course, more HP!

I would like,

the Homelink 'house' symbols to be backlit
    tell me which tire's low on air
    folding side mirrors
    laminated windshield to reduce wind noise
    bigger centre storage
    make headrest coat hanger standard
    sideview mirror turn markers
    rain sensing wipers

the side mirrors do fold, at least on mine they do...

What is it about those turn signals on the mirrors. They look so cool. I've always wanted them and never was lucky enough to have a car with them. Oh well, maybe next time.

That is so true about the HL buttons! Seems so basic. They thought of putting a dim cabin light shining down on the center console, but they couldn't think of that!
    EXceptional Woman
    2008 EX35 AWD
    Dark Currant/ Chestnut
    2000 Accord Coupe EX V6

Air conditioned seats
    Rain sensing wipers
    panoramic moon roof like the concept car had
    The fabled COAT HANGER! Both seats!
    Wood trim everywhere it should be, incl. the control panel on the doors
    Power rear gate
    dittos on folding front passenger seat
    Probably not possible but a sliding rear seat like some SUV's have.

and as long as we're dreaming: an esspresso maker in the glove compartment!

Quote Originally Posted by azn_invazn
    the side mirrors do fold, at least on mine they do...
    Oops I meant powerfolding sidemirrors.

Quote Originally Posted by EXceptional Woman
    What is it about those turn signals on the mirrors. They look so cool. I've always wanted them and never was lucky enough to have a car with them. Oh well, maybe next time.

That is so true about the HL buttons! Seems so basic. They thought of putting a dim cabin light shining down on the center console, but they couldn't think of that!
    My Acura had the turn signals; they just give you confidence that people can see you at night when you're changing lanes and yes they look cool.

Especially at night its really hard to see those HL buttons. I guess I could always turn the reading lights on.

One thing I like though about Infiniti is that you always have an option to turn off something. I'm glad I can turn off the parking sensors coz they beep with heavy snowfall. I can just imagine if you could not turn it off or for those that have the lane departure...insanity!

Ipod adapter that works in some reasonable fashion.

1) 6sp manual
    2) Automatic Rear Hatch Relaease
    3) Privacy Glass
    4) Power Folding Mirrors (these suckers are huge!)
    EX35 Journey AWD
    White /
    Wheat
    Premium
    Technolgy
    Luxe Style

Navigation
    Roof Rails

Hi all,

Have been away for quite a while (former FX owner). May look into getting the wife an EX next year and I really hope it would have a rear entertainment system of some sort by then. Given the little space between the sunroof and hatch, doubtful it'll be roof mounted so +1 to the suggestion re: head rest monitors.

In addition to what others have already cited:

1) REST feature - Recirculating engine heat when car is off (standard fare on BMWs and MBs). Really handy on cold days and you're parking the car to run into a store for a few minutes
    2) Heated steering wheel

Of course these features would only be useful to people who live in colder climates.
    SOLD: '03 FX35, LC/Graphite, AWD, Tech

I cannot understand why the EX and other SUVs do not have fold-down passenger seats. These cars are occasionally needed to haul long objects and sliding something over the front seat or down the middle is not a good idea. I was ready to buy an EX until I discovered that the front passenger seat does not fold down. I had a Chevy HHR and the seat folded down and I used that feature several times.

Fred
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 M37X Silver w/ Wheat Interior & Navigation
    2011 FX35 Silver AWD w/ Charcoal Interior & Nav.
    Past Infinitis: 2003 FX45, 2004 G35 Coupe, 2006 M35X, 2009 EX35, 2010 FX35
    I have an antique car collection - see links below:
    See www.tpcarcollection.com
    See www.fzoldcars.com

Power lift gate...hey, I'm a shorty.

Put the compass back in the mirror. I do not like the one in the Navigation system.
    MGuy (Formerly)
    2008 EX35 AWD
    Dark Currant-Stone
    Premium, XM, Navigation, etc, etc.

I'd like the lower valances and such painted body color. The full leather dash available with black option, it seems to only be available with chestnut/wheat interiors. To ditch the black antennae in favor of the fin style color coded ones. 20" rims would be nice as well as a power lift gate and folding mirrors.