The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Punked a G35....twice

Punked a G35....twice

Well on my way to the Cayuga, I ran into a black beautiful G35 on the highway. Since traffic was jammed, we pulled up next to eachother. So I decided to express my love for a clean,lowered G35. The 25+ guy shrugged off the compliment and told me he eats 4 bangers for lunch. I was a little upset considering the compliment I threw him. When the traffic cleared up he rolled up next to me,at about 50mph, "beeped" 3 times and floored it,as I followed his lead. To much of his surprise, I pulled about 2 cars from him. When we both shut down,he again rolled up to my window just to scream "bad start" and drove off. I ignored him and continued my trip.

When I got to the track I went threw inpection and rolled into the pits to wait for my turn. As I was chatting it up with some people, guess who was ahead about 6 cars in the pits? Mister G35 guy! We eventually met up during the day and he was still alittle upset with the eariler outcome. Asked to see my engine bay...since I have nothing to hide I gladly popped it for him. He was shocked to see no turbo or no nitrous...but to find an intake and a header. So i decided to take a peek under his hood to find nismo intake,headers and exhaust....not bad.

So the time came as we both lined up next to eachother waiting for the elusive green light. Both staged, yellow,yellow,yellow....GREEN! He lauches hard out of the gate,as I sit spinning. Pulls about a car ahead as Im thinking "I'm dead in the water". Shift into 2nd and I chrip nicley as i rocket forward, I catch him by the 1/8 and pull a car or so ahead to cross the sticks at 13.93@101mph! Hes left dumbfounded with his 14.5@97mph.

Did my little "4 banger" gain any respect that day? Most likley not. Might have pissed him off straight to the tuning shop

what do you drive?

I knew I forgot something. 1991 Nissan NX2000 with a SR20VE swapped into it.

For some reason every G and Z I have raced on a 1/8 track barely loses and I drive pretty much a stock S14 SR 240SX with basic bolt-on. But I'm pretty sure my(VQ35) 2K2 Maxima puts down better #'s than my 240's and feels way more torquey. Never tried one on the street. But got figure I chalked it up to bad drivers.

I Always Walk Away From Z And G But Im Boosted. Workin Them Over With No Boost Is Great.

Quote Originally Posted by MADE
    For some reason every G and Z I have raced on a 1/8 track barely loses and I drive pretty much a stock S14 SR 240SX with basic bolt-on.
    I walked a G35 at 7psi on my redtop powered S13 coupe with nothing more than an intake, downpipe, 3 inch exhaust and a lightened flywheel. Those things are so heavy compared to a 240SX. I'm not surprised the original poster in the N2000 beat the G because the N2000 is a lot lighter.
    Pushin Nissans since 1997.

Damn I love those NX2000 (EGGS) lol, my bro use to have an old shool original SE-R, man that was a fun car. Now I have a 240sr but I miss those cars!

local friend of mine puts Stang owners to shame with his...sometimes its hard to beat power/weight ratios.
    04 G35 Coupe 6MT l Cobb Tuning Springs and Sways - Tokico D-Spec Struts - Eibach/SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit - Circuit Sports FSTB - Nismo Diff Cover - Forgestar F14 19x10+20 and 19x11+33 - Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 - Seibon CF front lip

lol nice
    spank a douschbag owner

Quote Originally Posted by Nismosr20
    Hes left dumbfounded with his 14.5@97mph.
    shame on him (g35 driver that is) by making us G35 guys look bad. What track was this at? nice 13.9 pull though.
    it's frez-nee....not frenzy

I punk thins black G35 all the time, he's this guy that thinks his car is fast
    Thanks!
    William Perdigon

Quote Originally Posted by wperdigon
    I punk thins black G35 all the time, he's this guy that thinks his car is fast
    we've gotta do a few runs again. The last few we did I felt like we were pretty even (since I wasn't miss shifting that time...)

sounds like a ppppssssshhhhhh plan,......ppppsssshhhhhh
    Thanks!
    William Perdigon

Nice kill. I usually get pricks in g35s or 350zs that have the "mom bought this car for me and she loves me" type of attitude... that is until they get smoked. Roast on!

You're gonna find arrogant drivers in any car, but as you increase the dollar value of the car, add the factor of "newness", you may tend to have a related increase in smug behavior. I don't think it's as much about who bought the car for the driver, but more about their own pride for having afforded the car themselves, which was an improvement over their previous and less refined car...

Thanks for the comments guys! Alot of people,young and old, underestimate my car. Altough I respect all kinds of cars, import or domestic, sometimes its hard to respect the drivers.

lamee g355

Quote Originally Posted by Nismosr20
    Well on my way to the Cayuga, I ran into a black beautiful G35 on the highway. Since traffic was jammed, we pulled up next to eachother. So I decided to express my love for a clean,lowered G35. The 25+ guy shrugged off the compliment and told me he eats 4 bangers for lunch. I was a little upset considering the compliment I threw him. When the traffic cleared up he rolled up next to me,at about 50mph, "beeped" 3 times and floored it,as I followed his lead. To much of his surprise, I pulled about 2 cars from him. When we both shut down,he again rolled up to my window just to scream "bad start" and drove off. I ignored him and continued my trip.

When I got to the track I went threw inpection and rolled into the pits to wait for my turn. As I was chatting it up with some people, guess who was ahead about 6 cars in the pits? Mister G35 guy! We eventually met up during the day and he was still alittle upset with the eariler outcome. Asked to see my engine bay...since I have nothing to hide I gladly popped it for him. He was shocked to see no turbo or no nitrous...but to find an intake and a header. So i decided to take a peek under his hood to find nismo intake,headers and exhaust....not bad.

So the time came as we both lined up next to eachother waiting for the elusive green light. Both staged, yellow,yellow,yellow....GREEN! He lauches hard out of the gate,as I sit spinning. Pulls about a car ahead as Im thinking "I'm dead in the water". Shift into 2nd and I chrip nicley as i rocket forward, I catch him by the 1/8 and pull a car or so ahead to cross the sticks at 13.93@101mph! Hes left dumbfounded with his 14.5@97mph.

Did my little "4 banger" gain any respect that day? Most likley not. Might have pissed him off straight to the tuning shop
    always love these type of stories (sleeper)...good stuff bro...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're gonna find arrogant drivers in any car, but as you increase the dollar value of the car, add the factor of "newness", you may tend to have a related increase in smug behavior.
    So true. Once in a while I run across them, they're itching to go AND the freeway is clear. I specially love doing them to Bimmers. The change in their car language from high and mighty down to WTF is priceless.