The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: any plans to bring back a new J30?

any plans to bring back a new J30?

I loved my past J30. Anyone know if Infiniti has any plans to bring it back?

In a sense I htink the M35 is the ne wJ30.

when you compare and translate "then dollars" to todays cost of M35's i think thye are about the same.

Fred..

PS: I also really liked those cars
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

I suppose the M more or less satisfies the market segment that the J would fullfil or maybe it does a better job of replacing the I. But I think the J's signature is its round body style lacking in hard lines. Maybe a new J37 would look more like a new Jaguar XK but with 4 doors and infiniti attitude. That would be bad ass. I sold my J30 5 years ago and I'm happy with my new G37, but I will always have a sentimental place in my heart for my old love to return.

Its true the J30's round style was awesome and also ahead of tis time..
    but corpotrate looks change with the time and the current mold is the corpoarate raised trunk which also look good IMO.

The J30 was unique..
    If I could find a good condtion onefor a good price ina desirable color I would rpoably buy it..

Fred..
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

A J30 with a VQ30DET....YUMMY!
    it's frez-nee....not frenzy

PreOBD2 was the sweet spot in vehicle design [94-95] across the brand spectrum before electronic gizmos munked up the works of the mechanical designs.
    Inflation has made these tour de force impossible without charging 50% more.

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I suppose the M more or less satisfies the market segment that the J would fullfil or maybe it does a better job of replacing the I. But I think the J's signature is its round body style lacking in hard lines. Maybe a new J37 would look more like a new Jaguar XK but with 4 doors and infiniti attitude. That would be bad ass. I sold my J30 5 years ago and I'm happy with my new G37, but I will always have a sentimental place in my heart for my old love to return.
    J37 and J50 can come back to compete with CLS500
    ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME

Previous
    1989 isuzu I-Mark
    1992 Honda Accord Coupe EX
    1995 Maxima GLE Perl
    2008 G35Journey(Plat Graph, Graph and RoseWood) Prem and NAV SOLD now
    2009 GL450 Black/Blasck with P1,P2, Appre, Enter, and Hitch
    2012 BMW X6 5.0
    Current
    2005 ARMADA SE
    1992 Chevy 1500
    2013 Nissan Altima S
    2014 Toyota Tundra TSS

The J30 was one of those "ahead of its time" cars. If the "four-door-coupe" trend turns out to be more than a fad, the J30 should by all rights hold the title as the first.
    2007 Altima 3.5 SE w/ CVT (Dark Slate/Charcoal)

I think the G is more closely related to the J than the M. The J like the G was never a top tier car, that was the Q now the M.

I like the idea of Infiniti going for the Coupe-4dr segment and it'd be cool if they did it with the J or Q moniker. Hell maybe the baby-G will be the next J and the next Q will be the super-CLS!
    04 G35 Coupe 6MT l Cobb Tuning Springs and Sways - Tokico D-Spec Struts - Eibach/SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit - Circuit Sports FSTB - Nismo Diff Cover - Forgestar F14 19x10+20 and 19x11+33 - Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 - Seibon CF front lip

Quote Originally Posted by 4U4ME View Post
    J37 and J50 can come back to compete with CLS500
    Amazing! I came up with this idea out of the blue in the M forum a few months back. I gotta give you credit for doing it 4 years ago.:D The 4-door coupe, contemporary J revival could work. But there's something that could be even more compelling for Infiniti...

I never really lurk in the J forum but now's a great time to start. I converse with NissLover often about how Nissan would approach bringing back a true flagship sedan. There is an easier way than brining an all-new model to market. Reviving the failed Q nameplate could be problematic. The most obvious choice would be to make the M a new "full-size" flagship. Though the current, 2011-?? is a few inches shy of being full-size, it is not much smaller than a SWB 7-series or LS460. What's more, there is now a LWB version in Japan (the Cima) and China (M25/35/37-l). Throw in an active suspension and there's your top-tier sedan with an already established name and some degree of success to build upon!

To plug in the hole that the M once occupied, revive the J as a midsize performance-luxury sedan. It would be a few inches shorter than the current, 2011-?? M37/56. Think the size of the new Lexus GS. Make this a more aggressive sedan, with the obvious IPL variant, to hunt for the 5-series and its contemporaries.

Anyone who reads the J forum regularly, how do you like this? Should Infiniti do it? I think it's a glorious way to reintroduce a model that was once their "4-door sports car" (a sedan 300ZX!). If it seems odd to bump the M up a size class, recall that the first G35 did just that- it took a compact, 4-cylinder FWD nameplate and made it into a pseudo-midsize RWD 3-series-eater.:thumbup: The M is currently outselling the Lexus LS, so it would instantly make it the best-selling Japanese flagship. :O And offering a V6, V8 and hybrid models would put it right up there with Ze Germans for powertrain choices (they'd only be missing a diesel, which they already have in Europe). And since they plan on moving production to the US so that the yen issue doesn't hurt prices, the new J could undercut the current M37 in price, making it an excellent value within the class, much like the G.