The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noisy A/C and Odd Noise at Start-up

FINALLY...the fuel pump arrived at the dealer. They never called me...I called them. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: I am calling to find out if the fuel pump I ordered has come in yet so that I can schedule a service appointment.
    Serv Guy: I am sure it did, when would u like to bring your car in.
    Me: Can you check to see if it's come in?
    Serv Guy: I am sure it did. They usually come in overnight.
    Me: No, when I called originally, I was told the part was on back-order and that it would take 7-10 days to arrive. It is now day 11.
    Serv Guy: Let me transfer you to parts and they can check:
    ***Transfer***
    Me: I am calling to see if the Fuel Pump for my EX35 has come in yet.
    Parts Guy: Let me run upstairs to see.
    ***5 min later***
    Parts Guy: Sir, yes it has.
    Me: OK, please transfer me back to the Service Department so that I can schedule my appoint ment.
    Parts Guy: Sure...beeeeeeppppp...***Click, Disconnect, Dial Tone***
    Me: Call back and to talk to serv dept and schedule appointment...but it had to be on a week day because they 'don't do that kind of work on Staturdays'...only oil changes, etc.

Anyway...got it installed and it seems to be working like a charm...no more 'moaning' noise. I also got the oil changed and the software upgrade for the passenger side airbag recall too.

I had an '07 G35 loaner. It was filthy inside and out...and smelled like cigarette smoke...BLEH!...even though there are stickers on the windows telling people not to smoke. Also, driving the G felt like I was riding literally on the road...I was tossed about the cabin and it felt like I would fly out of the rock hard seats had it not been for the seat belt. The seats are definitely 100% better than in the G, and the ride wins handsdown.

Quote Originally Posted by G2FX2EX View Post
    FINALLY...the fuel pump arrived at the dealer. They never called me...I called them. Here is how the conversation went:

Me: I am calling to find out if the fuel pump I ordered has come in yet so that I can schedule a service appointment.
    Serv Guy: I am sure it did, when would u like to bring your car in.
    Me: Can you check to see if it's come in?
    Serv Guy: I am sure it did. They usually come in overnight.
    Me: No, when I called originally, I was told the part was on back-order and that it would take 7-10 days to arrive. It is now day 11.
    Serv Guy: Let me transfer you to parts and they can check:
    ***Transfer***
    Me: I am calling to see if the Fuel Pump for my EX35 has come in yet.
    Parts Guy: Let me run upstairs to see.
    ***5 min later***
    Parts Guy: Sir, yes it has.
    Me: OK, please transfer me back to the Service Department so that I can schedule my appoint ment.
    Parts Guy: Sure...beeeeeeppppp...***Click, Disconnect, Dial Tone***
    Me: Call back and to talk to serv dept and schedule appointment...but it had to be on a week day because they 'don't do that kind of work on Staturdays'...only oil changes, etc.

Anyway...got it installed and it seems to be working like a charm...no more 'moaning' noise. I also got the oil changed and the software upgrade for the passenger side airbag recall too.

I had an '07 G35 loaner. It was filthy inside and out...and smelled like cigarette smoke...BLEH!...even though there are stickers on the windows telling people not to smoke. Also, driving the G felt like I was riding literally on the road...I was tossed about the cabin and it felt like I would fly out of the rock hard seats had it not been for the seat belt. The seats are definitely 100% better than in the G, and the ride wins handsdown.
    Sounds like your dealer needs a refresher course in customer handling, and maybe even common sense while they're at it.
    Glad to hear the noise issue is resolved! Also interesting are your comments on the G v EX ride, seats etc. There's some what thinks the EX suspension settings should also be used for the G base model, and then the current base G could be the "Sport" for those that want it. I agree with that--the EX has the best balance of ride/handling for the majority of drivers out there.

My EX started the wierd noise with start up two weeks after purchase. I contacted my dealership and they had me bring it in right away. They said it was the fuel pump and gave me a loaner until they could get a replacement pump. 2 weeks later there was still no pump. Apparently, the fuel pumps were back ordered. The regional parts rep had to order a pump from Japan. It took about a week for it to come in. The pump was replaced and so far everything seems to be working perfectly!

My fuel pump was replaced yesterday and the "moan" at start up is gone

Quote Originally Posted by G2FX2EX View Post
    Has anyone noticed their A/C being relatively noisy...kind of like a low pitched whiny sound. I don;t expect it to be silent, but it is louder than and A/C I have had in past cars (been buying cars for 35 years).

Also, when I press the starter button, I hear a very brief, low kind of rubbing/grinding sound for a split second as the engine starts up. All accessories are off (yes, A/C is off...I always turn everything off before I turn the car off).

Thanks
    You sound like my mom. 50+ years old? hmmmm :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12