The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Cruise Control

Cruise Control

Does anyone know if - when the cruise control slows you down in traffic, do the brake lights come on?:crushedcar:
    Cheers
    Pat

CC

Here is a reply I rcvd on another forum. I can't believe that out of 69 hits on this post, nobody had an answer!!

" Re: CRUISE CONTROL (kullenberg) 8:52 PM 7/12/2008
    Yes, As soon as the car breaks for the first time when car ahead gets to close, the break lights come on for about 2-3 seconds. At first I did not like this feature but when I thought about it the car pacing behind you would be up your rear with no warning of slow down traffic ahead.
    Cheers
    Pat

Another feature of the adaptive cruise is the car slows down going around corners. I am not sure if it senses lateral G force or steering wheel angle. I have found this feature to be really annoying to the point I am using the dumb cruise mode 90% of the time.

Me too, I find the adaptive cruise so annoying with it's braking that I only use the dumb cruise control.

So let's see:

- Lane Warning/Departure - disabled that day 2 of owning the EX, extremely annoying;
    - Adaptive Cruise - no longer used;
    - AVM - Wouldn't get this again, the cost versus benefit just not worth it;
    - iPod interface - useless for a big disk iPod, using RCA jacks instead;
    - Welcome light - disables itself after 14 days if not used, very stupid;

So it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by ianq View Post
    Me too, I find the adaptive cruise so annoying with it's braking that I only use the dumb cruise control.

So let's see:

- Lane Warning/Departure - disabled that day 2 of owning the EX, extremely annoying;
    - Adaptive Cruise - no longer used;
    - AVM - Wouldn't get this again, the cost versus benefit just not worth it;
    - iPod interface - useless for a big disk iPod, using RCA jacks instead;
    - Welcome light - disables itself after 14 days if not used, very stupid;

So it goes...
    I'd bet that after some time with it you'll see the value in the AVM. Depending on your age, local conditions etc it can be a life (and child) saver.

I agree with everything but the AVM, I use it every day. I can't say it justifies the cost of the tech package but it is about the only thing in the package that works reasonably well. I expect this feature will be standard on many cars within 3-4 years.

That's true, the AVM isn't something I specifically need; I haven't had to parallel park in years; have no kids or dogs to back over; I can back into my garage with my eyes closed as I have been doing it for so long, so it really boils down to me not using it versus it not working.

I was picked up by my sales guy after servicing my car and that lane dept. thing is really annoying. I really don`t like it. That is good for truckers when some are very tired and sleepy and coud not drive straight...