The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: We put a canoe on the EX35

We put a canoe on the EX35

So we actually put a canoe on the EX35 and it worked fine. It wasn't a long trip, and no highway was involved, so it was a good for a first attempt. Mind you, we only had like 48 hours to rig something.

The good: We used some canoe laoding foam blocks that already come pre-grooved. I think you can get them like at any outdoors oriented store. Those were placed on the cross bars that came with our EX35. The canoe was placed on top of those and held down with ratcheted belts we got at Home Depot. We placed it bottom side down on the way there (pictured) and bottom side up on the way back. The latter is probably better.

Needs improvement: The tie downs for front and back were done with the ratcheted belts holding on to short bungie cords that had wide opening, rubber coated hooks. Those grabbed well under the rear hatch door and under the hood. But it would be more secure with something that holds down with a 'wider stance' -- like a an upside down 'V'. Working on that.

Of note: Behind the front grill there seems to be a threaded anchor point. There is even a little latch that opens a hole in the grill. Does anyone know if that is indeed what it is?

espressomac

my work
    my play
    my EX35

that front threaded anchor point should be your forward and removeble tow-hook attachmen point, just a guess as its the same on he G35
    04 G35 Coupe 6MT l Cobb Tuning Springs and Sways - Tokico D-Spec Struts - Eibach/SPC Rear Camber/Toe Kit - Circuit Sports FSTB - Nismo Diff Cover - Forgestar F14 19x10+20 and 19x11+33 - Hankook Ventus V12 EVO 255/35/19 and 295/30/19 - Seibon CF front lip

Quote Originally Posted by idrive View Post
    that front threaded anchor point should be your forward and removeble tow-hook attachmen point, just a guess as its the same on he G35
    The manual indicates two tie down hooks in the back. I only find one. Is that the same on the G35?

espressomac

my work
    my play
    my EX35

I really don`t understand why the EX35 couldn`t tow a 3500 Ibs weight?

Why my RAV4 V6 3.5 liters with only 269HP and 246ft/ibs of torque can do it?

Does it mean the RAVY power is better than the EX ?