The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: EX's never-before-seen OEM kit... you like?

EX's never-before-seen OEM kit... you like?

First one dropped off yesterday, They are for the rep's first, then available soon to the general population So, whatcha' think?

Personally i think it could be smoother with the body, but on a positive note it does cover the ugly black unpainted areas of the stock EX.

I agree about not having the black on the bottom is nice. It looks REALLY nice on the sides. But I don't know about lowering the car. It makes me think of a Scion or a Matrix, makes it too long vertically.
    EXceptional Woman
    2008 EX35 AWD
    Dark Currant/ Chestnut
    2000 Accord Coupe EX V6

I think you mean horizontally, and I agree, it looks great but could use some tweaks. Definitely looks good on it though... Definitely like it slammed though, gives it a neat look.

I meant vertically, it lowers the car, no?
    EXceptional Woman
    2008 EX35 AWD
    Dark Currant/ Chestnut
    2000 Accord Coupe EX V6

Eh the side ones are nice but the front one makes the bumper look too big and the back piece is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by EXceptional Woman View Post
    But I don't know about lowering the car. It makes me think of a Scion or a Matrix, makes it too long vertically.

Could you clarify this then? Does it make it seem too tall to you, or too long front to back?

Looked at it again this morning, I really like how the skirts look. very subtle, but they make such a huge change to the appearance of the side.

yea the sides are full of win, but the front looks pasted on and very much like a matrix.... which i hate.... this kit seems to make it look more like a wagon than a CUV.. to me at least

I could live with the rear if it didnt have that grey divider line, like i was saying in my first post, if it looked smoother to the body, and not so "pasted on" and "after the fact" looking it would be tons better.

Quote Originally Posted by DJPyro View Post
    Could you clarify this then? Does it make it seem too tall to you, or too long front to back?
    Hi, yes I meant too tall.
    EXceptional Woman
    2008 EX35 AWD
    Dark Currant/ Chestnut
    2000 Accord Coupe EX V6

This kit was on the Scarlet Silver car making the Auto Show rounds last year. It's a lot of money for a bunch of plastic that doesn't really do much to change the appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
    First one dropped off yesterday, They are for the rep's first, then available soon to the general population So, whatcha' think?

Personally i think it could be smoother with the body, but on a positive note it does cover the ugly black unpainted areas of the stock EX.

Sexy!

I think it would look much better in a darker color that hides the lines.

its wack and tacky just like the kits for other asian cars from the manufacturer. if you just painted the oem bumpers and sills body color and include the black wheel arch trim then you would have something. slamming this car is just stupid.

Looks ok but the fit should be smoother. It looks like an ad-on option.
    Infiniti Finance Manager with 401 Dixie Infiniti in Mississauga, Ontario. Have been involved with Infiniti for over 10 years. Contact Jeff Noel 905-238-5500

honestly it's just overkill.... we've painted a few of them where the OEM plastics are and looked better.
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...15156761865622 [kennyatinfiniti@aol.com][GTSPEC][VinnyTenRacing]

The body kit looks decent. If it were more flush to the body it would look much cleaner and natural.
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)