The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed!

Disappointed!

:( I got my loaded EX last thursday and was very happy with it. 2 days back when I woke up for work, I realize that my steering wheel fail to adjust itself back to my position when i turned on the car. I tried to adjust it myself - it still didn't work. I took it to service yesterday and they said they are going to need to replace that whole part. They also mention the fact that due to the car still being pretty new - the part is on back-order. It's only been exactly 1 week and I ran into a problem that might take week to fix already. Disappointed indeed!! Strongly thinking about contacting Infiniti consumer affairs.

well as long as you don't have to pay for it then I would say that you are okay. I understand you just got the car but sometimes things happen. but I am having a similar problem with my steering wheel not adjusting but it still works though. but I have a G37s

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelplux View Post
    :( I got my loaded EX last thursday and was very happy with it. 2 days back when I woke up for work, I realize that my steering wheel fail to adjust itself back to my position when i turned on the car. I tried to adjust it myself - it still didn't work. I took it to service yesterday and they said they are going to need to replace that whole part. They also mention the fact that due to the car still being pretty new - the part is on back-order. It's only been exactly 1 week and I ran into a problem that might take week to fix already. Disappointed indeed!! Strongly thinking about contacting Infiniti consumer affairs.
    A couple of points...if the part is on 'back-order', it may take more than a week. Secondly, Infiniti Consumer Affairs is just a call center...they are absolutely ineffective at resolving anything.

Infiniti's call center is only as responsive as the dealership cares. Infiniti will call the dealership and alert them to your concern. If they care, they'll call you and try to make you happy. If they don't care, they'll blow you off. Either way, if the parts on backorder, there's not much the dealer can do about it. We certainly can't make the parts ourselves and if the factory has none for us to get, then we have to wait.
    Arnold Tijerina, Internet Director
    Cerritos Infiniti, 11011 E. South Street, Cerritos, CA 90703
    Fresh Alloy Member Direct: (951) 452-2277 or arnold@cerritosinfiniti.com

Cerritos Infiniti Website

That's a disappointment for sure ... and things like that seem to take the edge off of getting a new car. I lost a power steering pump on a new Merc within the first month. Frustrating!!!

But I think back a few years ago when a good friend picked up his brand new 3-series from the factory on one of those drive around Europe packages. He had been on the road not more than 30 minutes when his new Bimmer caught fire ... fuel leak of some kind. That not only soured his feelings about BMW and his new car ...but it sure wrecked his Summer holiday as well.

Try to still enjoy your new ride while you're waiting for the part. It's a great car!!!
    05 G35x: Diamond Graphite & Stone,Prem C
    07 Honda CR-V: EX-L Navi, Tango-Red Pearl & Grey
    08 EX35: Journey-AWD; Black Obsidian & Chestnut, Prem, Nav, Luxe

To keep things in perspective, it's a minor problem, and one that should be fixable once the part is available. I doubt the call center can make the part arrive any faster.
    www.truedelta.com
    Vehicle reliability, price comparisons, fuel economy

Quote Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
    To keep things in perspective, it's a minor problem, and one that should be fixable once the part is available. I doubt the call center can make the part arrive any faster.

Not so minor. In fact there is so much of it both on new cars at the dealerships as well as cars sold to owners that develop the problem later, that something should be done to get Infiniti's attention. I suggest a small survey here will show how prevalent this problem is. i am told the probelm has NOT been addressed by Infiniti and the parts they ship to correct the problem are the same ones that fail ( a plastic gear is the culprit; it should either be redesigned or replaced with a one made of metal)

I might be misunderstanding the problem. Does the wheel get stuck in the fully up position? That would border on being a safety hazard.

I operate a vehicle reliability survey. I just checked, and none of the 26+ owners participating have report this particular problem yet:

Infiniti EX35 repair histories

The November results will include additional owners. Maybe this problem will start popping up.

Even if this problem only affects, say, five percent of cars, Nissan will probably discover it through warranty claims. They have a good record of identifying and fixing problems within a few months of when a new design goes on sale.
    www.truedelta.com

No vehicle is exempt from problems...even those considered MOST reliable. I bought a new Acura TL-S in '02 and the transmission failed. Honda had over 25,000 transmission failures that year in V-6 vehicles...that was the number they claimed. There was even a lawsuit filed where someone had been in a fiery crash as a result of the tranny failure. A few years later I received a letter from Honda America for an extended warranty that was being issued as a result of a class action lawsuit settlement. Of course, my TL was long gone. I would never buy another Honda product as a result though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelplux View Post
    What is Infiniti Consumer Affairs going to do? Magically make the part appear out of thin air? You took it to the dealer and they're fixing it without any issues. I'm not too sure what you expect Infiniti consumer affairs to do about it.

The failure is in the tilt mode (on those cars having power tilt of course) and is caused by the failure of a small composite toothed gear..a tiny part but the entire steering column has to be replaced to fix it. The wheel stays in whatever position it was set prior to the failure. Frustrating but not a danger. To avoid nasty grinding sounds when switching off go into the HMI and turn the "Wheel Tilt On Exit" (I think that's what it says) OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
    What is Infiniti Consumer Affairs going to do? Magically make the part appear out of thin air? You took it to the dealer and they're fixing it without any issues. I'm not too sure what you expect Infiniti consumer affairs to do about it.
    Not much but

Dealer said free all weather mats and free first time oil change /shrug

I just went to my dealership to install my 3M clear bra.

Original price was $699 and I haggled it to $399

This includes part of the front hood, full front bumper,

2 side mirrors, front fender includes the lower wheel

well panel close to the mudguard, door edges, rear

wheel well panel. They even installed it for both my

remote (Just kidding :D).

The service is great! They picked me up at work after

they worked on my car. I also gave them the copy of

the TSB fuel pump moaning and they ordered the parts

right away. I felt like a celebrity that day!

Thanks Infiniti Northshore , Milwaukee

There was a recall or TSB for this issue. Last month I took my EX in for service and they replaced the steering column even though I had not had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by AWGD8 View Post
    I just went to my dealership to install my 3M clear bra.

Original price was $699 and I haggled it to $399

This includes part of the front hood, full front bumper,

2 side mirrors, front fender includes the lower wheel

well panel close to the mudguard, door edges, rear

wheel well panel. They even installed it for both my

remote (Just kidding :D).

The service is great! They picked me up at work after

they worked on my car. I also gave them the copy of

the TSB fuel pump moaning and they ordered the parts

right away. I felt like a celebrity that day!

Thanks Infiniti Northshore , Milwaukee
    why would you put a clear bra on scratch shield paint?

To be very safe?

How effective is the scratch shield paint?
    www.truedelta.com

Quote Originally Posted by digitalb View Post
    why would you put a clear bra on scratch shield paint?
    Because the paint s 'scratch' sheild...not 'chip' sheild. The bra protects against chips from rocks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
    To be very safe?

How effective is the scratch shield paint?
    The scratch sheild is GREAT! I have a black FX and surface scratches heal over several days in warmer weather. I have had 3 or 4 scratches that have completely gone away.

Quote Originally Posted by G2FX2EX View Post
    The scratch sheild is GREAT! I have a black FX and surface scratches heal over several days in warmer weather. I have had 3 or 4 scratches that have completely gone away.
    too bad it's gone for 2010.... a big fail!
    https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...15156761865622 [kennyatinfiniti@aol.com][GTSPEC][VinnyTenRacing]

Really? All I've read is two new exterior colors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast