The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 2010 Ex

2010 Ex

The Ex is supposed to get a rear leg groom update for the 2010 models, see here
    http://www.autoblog.com/2008/10/13/2...rear-leg-room/

Yup! I wait until it has standard HID, tint glass, and more leg room before I jump in.
    2010 M50 GTG

When I've been to my Infiniti dealer, it has usually been young families with two kids looking at the the EX. They usually look at a FX and then move down to thew EX once they see the cost.

And then they go to another dealer when they see the rear seat and cargo room? Sales are dismal.

I wouldn't count on much from the rear seat changes. I've seen these with other models in the past where rear seat room was hurting sales. The changes usually don't amount to much. After all, if they could have made the rear sear roomier in the first place, they would have. There's always a trade-off, and often it's not a good one.
    www.truedelta.com
    Vehicle reliability, price comparisons, fuel economy

When is the 2010 model scheduled to be released? My FX lease is up in April, and it would be nice if the 2010 EX model is released soon afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by mkaresh View Post
    And then they go to another dealer when they see the rear seat and cargo room? Sales are dismal.

I wouldn't count on much from the rear seat changes. I've seen these with other models in the past where rear seat room was hurting sales. The changes usually don't amount to much. After all, if they could have made the rear sear roomier in the first place, they would have. There's always a trade-off, and often it's not a good one.
    I've read the plan is to sculpt out the rear seat backs and cushions to add some 2" of extra legroom without intruding into the cargo area. That will still be a few inches short of the G37 sedan's rear legroom.

Incredibly 12,000 EXs sold in 2008. Which matched the same period total sales for the end model run of the GenI FX. It's possible that high gas prices drove some FX shoppers over to the EX. But January sales data show the EX sales have ground from a light stream to a drip - just under 800 per month. That only twice as many Porsche 911s that sold in the US during the same time.

At current sales rates one EX sells for every 3.5 G37 sedans.

Now we have to wait and see how well the EX does in the European market without a diesel engine at $60,000 US.
    2003 G35 coupe 5AT Diamond Graphite/ Blk

They haven't introduced the 2009 yet. Are they skipping 2009?
    www.truedelta.com
    Vehicle reliability, price comparisons, fuel economy

FreshAlloy News Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by athens64 View Post
    Incredibly 12,000 EXs sold in 2008. Which matched the same period total sales for the end model run of the GenI FX. It's possible that high gas prices drove some FX shoppers over to the EX. But January sales data show the EX sales have ground from a light stream to a drip - just under 800 per month. That only twice as many Porsche 911s that sold in the US during the same time.
    I think one needs to compare apples to apples.

Infiniti would disagree with your assessment here. In fact, it's the complete opposite: "Infiniti’s crossovers experienced a strong January 2009, with sales of the EX up 12.5 percent over the prior year with 776 units, and sales of the FX up 74.9 percent, at 1,417 units."

This also seems to refute your theory that “high gas prices drove some FX shoppers over to the EX.” (In fact, with the new 7AT, FX35’s EPA numbers are now virtually identical to EX35’s anyway.)

P.S.

About Porsche 911s, what exactly does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? :D
    Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance. Plato (428 BC –– 348 BC)

We've had our EX since July and as another poster said, it's been a great ride and has really impressed everyone who has riden in it.

While I do agree that the interior volume is not massive, I also think that those who are looking for a larger people-cargo hauler are misguided if they think the EX was designed for that purpose. It was not.

From all that I've read and seen, the EX really fits the bill for someone like us ... empty-nesters ... well, except for our big cat :>) ... and we didn't buy it to haul big bulky items.

Actually it's pretty much just the two of us most of the time ... zipping around on errands and such. And just the other night our 4-some went out for dinner and we all fit comfortably for the trip to-and-from the restaurant.

I have really found it no worse than our G when it comes to mileage, ergonomics, carrying ability, etc. And actually by having the rear hatch and fold-down back seats, we can fill it up with cargo ... even the big carrier for our cat ... and it's good to go with no problem.

As for the sales volume, I also agree with others who have pointed out that the sales numbers for the EX are really no worse than for some of the other smaller lux cross-overs. We too considered the RDX, but said no thanks to it's overall design and mechanicals. And quite a few X3 drivers have stopped to chat asking about it.

So all in all we are very pleased with our decision and have not been dispaoointed by the reliability and performance. And the upgraded interior is really first-class.

Enjoy!!!
    05 G35x: Diamond Graphite & Stone,Prem C
    07 Honda CR-V: EX-L Navi, Tango-Red Pearl & Grey
    08 EX35: Journey-AWD; Black Obsidian & Chestnut, Prem, Nav, Luxe

Quote Originally Posted by Artour View Post

Infiniti would disagree with your assessment here. In fact, it's the complete opposite: "Infiniti’s crossovers experienced a strong January 2009, with sales of the EX up 12.5 percent over the prior year with 776 units, and sales of the FX up 74.9 percent, at 1,417 units."

This also seems to refute your theory that “high gas prices drove some FX shoppers over to the EX.” (In fact, with the new 7AT, FX35’s EPA numbers are now virtually identical to EX35’s anyway.)

P.S.

About Porsche 911s, what exactly does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? :D
    Sorry for being repetitive as this query was posed on an adjacent thread:

The increase in Jan. 2009 Infiniti EX sales from Jan. 2008 is best explained by the fact that the EX only started hitting dealers at that time and Infiniti spent NULL on advertisement. I have yet to see a commercial for the EX.

The increase in January 2009 FX sales from January 2008 resulted from the introduction of the new FX in January. The new FX has been getting a lot of favorable comparison press to the BMW X6. Across the pond even Jeremy Clarkson found it an affordable alternative to a Porsche Cayenne GTS. Had gas prices not fallen to half of what they were this past summer the introduction of the new FX would have been much rougher going.

It's remarkable how much confidence American consumers have in their predestiny for cheap gas.

The Porsche 911 sales comparison was only meant to show that EX sales have fallen to the level of a niche semi-custom limited production car, typically not a daily driver, that costs 3 times as much.
    2003 G35 coupe 5AT Diamond Graphite/ Blk

Quote Originally Posted by Artour View Post

P.S.

Don't u mean the price of tea in China?

FreshAlloy News Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by G2FX2EX View Post
    Don't u mean the price of tea in China?
    You'd think that he would be talking about that at least, right?
    Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance. Plato (428 BC –– 348 BC)