The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is the 5th gen Altima?

Quote Originally Posted by da99 View Post
    Maybe we should all start coming up with crazy "yeah right that will never happen" rumors about the next Altima just to keep ourselves and this thread fresh. lol Looking back thru this entire thread yesterday we all really have been saying basically the same things for the last 18 months!

I shall start... I heard from a guy who knows a guy who delivers pizza to a guy who has a roommate that dates a girl that works at Nissan's plant in Smyrna that the next Altima is going to get the 5.6 V8 engine and 7 speed transmission from the M as an option with AWD in a new SE-R trim!
    That's not too outlandish. There were rumors that the 6th gen Maxima was going to be V8 and AWD, and compete with the M5.:thumbup:

NO NO NO NO, come closer, I heard the next maxima is going to be a combination of the shooting star and mach5 with 007 features.

the 2013 altima debut will keep getting pushed back closer to the start of sales as long as It keeps selling the way it is. Nissan would be stupid to cool the altima sells by showing the new version. Peolpe would just wait for the 2013 after seeing it. Most people don't visit car forums and may have no idea there is a new version coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitiguy View Post
    the 2013 altima debut will keep getting pushed back closer to the start of sales as long as It keeps selling the way it is. Nissan would be stupid to cool the altima sells by showing the new version. Peolpe would just wait for the 2013 after seeing it. Most people don't visit car forums and may have no idea there is a new version coming out.
    Now THAT is an excellent point. Why give up a couple months of contending with the Carmy? Nissan should unveil it at the NY show and announce that it's for sale the week after it ends.:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by JayG35 View Post
    Now THAT is an excellent point. Why give up a couple months of contending with the Carmy? Nissan should unveil it at the NY show and announce that it's for sale the week after it ends.:thumbup:
    That's probably the way it will happen too.

Quote Originally Posted by JayG35 View Post
    Nissan should unveil it at the NY show and announce that it's for sale the week after it ends.:thumbup:
    I doubt that's what will happen though. There have been rumblings of a summer on sale date so I could see an unveiling at N.Y. in early April followed by an on sale date of late June. That wouldn't be too bad, much better then waiting till say September/October to put it on sale that's for sure.
    Surely you can't be serious...... I am serious and don't call me Shirley.

^^^That's what I'm thinking.
    My Opin.

Former: 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5SE Sedan 6MT [Totaled :( ]
    Current: 2013 Infiniti G37S 6MT Sedan

Anybody seen this???

Saywhaat04, you shouldn't have posted that. Men In Black will be at your doorstep any minute...

That's pretty much what I imagined from what I could see under the camo in the spy pics. Also looks like the same person that rendered this rendered the one of the rear end, which obviously knows what the car is going to look like.

At first glance, its kinda bland, but I'll wait til the actual car is shown to make that judgement. Hopefully the real life proportions drive it home.

LOL @ Jay.
    My Opin.

Yep, we can pretty much make a good guess of what it will look like from these two renderings.
    My Opin.

The new rendering has slightly softer creases and less of an acute hoffmeister kink, which makes it look better to me. I don't think it's bland. It's a evolutionary, borderline-revolutionary design if this render is accurate. The only thing left from the old cars is the roofline. All other details and proportions changed for the better IMHO.

If it looks like this I think it will be a nice evolution of the last two generations. I think it takes the 4th generation and gives it a more mature, sophisticated and upscale appearance while not walking too far away from the Alitma roots. It's not quite as upscale or sporty looking as the Max but its a solid step or two up from the current Altima. Definitiely looks far more appealing than the new Camry or new Accord but its not nearly as dramatic looking as the new Fusion, Kia Optima or even the Sonata. I can't wait to see this car in person, looking forward to NYC in about 8 or 9 more weeks :D

That rendering is pretty close! Clearly who ever did the rendering must have seen the car. Taking a look at the latest spy shot and the rendering side by side you can see only some minor differences.

That butt seems to be riding high.

^^ it actually looks a bit low compared to the current gen.

I just posted these pics over and Nissan-club, and on their forum, it shrinks the pic. Looking at the smaller pic, I can see all of the details working together and it does loose that bland feeling I was getting at first. And I must say again, the front end looks pretty wide.

And looking at the red test mule above, this car would look so good with a blacked out grille and smoked headlights! Would work great on the SR trim.
    My Opin.

Could be. The last curl upwards accentuates it quite a bit though.

To my eyes this design strikes a good balance between the conservative lines and details of the Camcord and the more radical Sonata, Optima and Fusion. It still looks like a Japanese/European hybrid design, which I love about the Nissan and Infiniti of the past 10 years.

Another spy shot has emerged over on jalopnik.

http://jalopnik.com/5882675/the-2013...ma-looks-beefy

The rear-end def looks a bit more squared off. And again the proportions look good and even wheel gap. Can't see anything else in this pic.
    My Opin.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast