The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 2003 was the year!

2003 was the year!

I posted this in another thread, but I'm afraid that most won't see it. I just wanted 2003 owners to realize how great of a car we have...

Howdy!!! The 2003 G35 coupe is not dead! Yes this forum is only a shell of what it used to be. I remember first discovering this forum before the coupe was actually released back in 2002. I used to sit at my old job and watch at least 100 posts a day... Guess what, I no longer have that job because the whole economy has changed since then, they are no more. I'm in IT, and I went thru 14 months of unemployment. But guess what, I'm working again for pretty much the same salary and could afford a new car if I wanted... Bottom line, Infiniti has failed us. There is nothing "better" to move on to... The G37 coupe??? WRONG. It looks like a Lexus... Seriously, they went soft on us... I will keep my 2003 G35 coupe until someone gives me a "THRILL" like the coupe did for me back in 2002...
    I still remember seeing those black and white pics of the upcoming G35 coupe in 2002. I remember seeing those mall pics at g35driver.com saying come get me. Bottom line, there has not been a new car introduced since 2003 that is better looking than our "g coupe"... I bought a Tacoma for my everyday driver in 2008 so I wouldn't put too miles on the G. I realized at that point there is no "replacement" for the Gcoupe...
    I know that there are "better" cars out there, but not better for me... I guess Infiniti will have to pay for hitting perfection without having anything bo back it up...

The origibal 2003 G35 was indeed a home run and hit a sweetspot in the market.

Its hard to imrpove on such home runs and follow on models have been evoluntionary rather than revolutionary .

I am glad you found a job!!!
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

I remember how happy and excited I was bringing home my G coupe in March '03 and the happiness continued for 5 years. No other new cars at the time could compare. Mine was the only coupe in town for over a year. I was on this forum every night. I remember a few of the names: Ride Sally Ride, Afropuff, Riffster (now a moderator) and others were very entertaining! Not so anymore - we had something special at the time. I agree with your thoughtful statement that Infiniti is paying "for hitting prefection". When I decided to sell her in April '08 it was hard to decide on a replacement vehicle and I'm sorry to say this but the '09 Vette just doesn't invoke the same feelings or excitement. Maybe I made a mistake selling my coupe but like you I hope for a new car that will bring back the thrill.

I am one of the lucky ones who has held on to my 2004 G35 Coupe since delivery date of Sept 03. It is true that there is nothing out there that really gives me that "warm and fuzzy feeling" I get from my G. It is now my second driver as I use my LS430 for everyday commutes. My G is still untouched with original paint, no dings, and a perfect interior. Of course it is always garaged, but when I take it out and go back to my parking spot I am still impressed with the sensual lines of this almost 8 year old car. I realize it is pretty much a "forever car" in terms of reliability with only 43,000 miles, and like other forum members would only dispose of it if something came along that could replace the same enjoyment this car gives me. We should start a thread taking a poll of the existing "original owners" of G35s. I also agree that this forum has slowed down to a crawl in comparison to the action we had in the earlier days. Please don't let it completely die!
    2004 G35 Coupe/Ivory Pearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra Original Owner SOLD 2/4/14
    2006 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl Original Owner Sold 1/17/17
    2017 QX50 White/Graphite every package including Tech
    2001 LS430 Silver/Grey/Nav
    2010 Jaguar XK Coupe Liquid Silver/Charcoal 7,000 miles

Boco and others;

Thanks for your thoguhtful coments.
    This forum will never die and your posts will live on our servers forever!!

We all remeb the good times we had.

Freshalloy staff relaizes it wont be as active a sit was but thats ok. help us keep it inetresting.

Start trheads with your G in it showing memories you made.
    Or as is veyr current your G in the snow.

I will start a thread on this forum shortly showing my G the day I brought it home.
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

You can also help us if you see an unanswered post you kow the answer to.
    Answer it.
    If not consider researching it if you have the time and are good at finding things out with a search here.

I remember back in Nov. '02 I had surgery on my left ankle. While I was recouperatiing, I would sit in front of my computer and look for anything to do with the, then new, G35. After 4 months of lusting, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a CB 6mt coupe. The day I "picked it up", I was still in a cast. I could not drive my new G off the lot! My wife had that honor. We drove it straight home and it sat in the garage for a full month. During that time I would sit in it and study everything in the owners manual and generally open everything that would open, push every button and polish her. (Xano'ed 5 times before leaving the garage!) When I took "G" out for the first time, I drove down the Pacific Coast Highway (H-1) from San Francisco to San Simeon (Hearst Castle), That was May '03, the weather was sunny and warm. Now, 8 years later, I still enjoy taking her out for some "irresponsible fun". This site was instrumental in my choice making. I thank all that had contributed in helping me make the second best decision I ever made. The wife being the first!!
    '03 Coupe CB/Graphite Int./6Mt/Premium/Aero Package/Sirrius Sat Radio

When the G35 came out I was deployed in Kosovo and stationed in Germany and I said to myself that I'd get one as soon as I got back to Germany from my deployment. I came up on orders to come back stateside and like most people who are stationed in Germany I purchased a bmw to save a couple of thousands from the states' MSRP. I never did get one but I still might, when I had a chance to get one went for my childhood dream instead, a Z32 300zx TT... sometimes I want to sell it and get a G35 coupe but the Z is truly my first love.... I just wish I was rich, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by flipinator View Post
    I remember back in Nov. '02 I had surgery on my left ankle. While I was recouperatiing, I would sit in front of my computer and look for anything to do with the, then new, G35. After 4 months of lusting, I finally pulled the trigger and bought a CB 6mt coupe. The day I "picked it up", I was still in a cast. I could not drive my new G off the lot! My wife had that honor. We drove it straight home and it sat in the garage for a full month. During that time I would sit in it and study everything in the owners manual and generally open everything that would open, push every button and polish her. (Xano'ed 5 times before leaving the garage!) When I took "G" out for the first time, I drove down the Pacific Coast Highway (H-1) from San Francisco to San Simeon (Hearst Castle), That was May '03, the weather was sunny and warm. Now, 8 years later, I still enjoy taking her out for some "irresponsible fun". This site was instrumental in my choice making. I thank all that had contributed in helping me make the second best decision I ever made. The wife being the first!!

flipinator,

I am glad we were able to help you with that choice :D>

Your story is very heart warming and i can totally relate just liking a car so much you just want ot wash it wax it and sit in it all the time

I was like that with my first Infiniti too a 1992 ivory pearl quartz Q45

Quote Originally Posted by a.blanco0905 View Post
    When the G35 came out I was deployed in Kosovo and stationed in Germany and I said to myself that I'd get one as soon as I got back to Germany from my deployment. I came up on orders to come back stateside and like most people who are stationed in Germany I purchased a bmw to save a couple of thousands from the states' MSRP. I never did get one but I still might, when I had a chance to get one went for my childhood dream instead, a Z32 300zx TT... sometimes I want to sell it and get a G35 coupe but the Z is truly my first love.... I just wish I was rich, lol...
    You also ahve an M right? a Z32 and an M?

What a nice combinatrion
    I once owned the combo of a 1994 Q45 and a 1989 240SX with SR20det .. a fast Nissan and a luxurious Infiniti at same time.
    Thats the life!!:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by palmerwmd View Post
    What a nice combinatrion
    I once owned the combo of a 1994 Q45 and a 1989 240SX with SR20det .. a fast Nissan and a luxurious Infiniti at same time.
    Thats the life!!:thumbup:
    Yessir!!!

I also still have mine bought in Feb 2003 and will not let her go.I dont drive it a lot anymore but when i do and get those turbo's spooled up i still get the same rush.
    nothing but a turbonater :D

I don't come here often but the 2003 coupe still lives:

Thought I would come back to update... STILL love my G!

Got a new job in first part of 2010, it required me to drive around DFW to client sites every day. After about six months, I realized that the G is not the car for this... I'm putting about 30k a year on this car, brake pads and tires make that decision real evident, real quick... First thought was sell the G and buy a civic or camry... NO and NO again!

I looked at buying a new coupe, but what is out there? The G37? Not only has it gone up 10k, it looks like a Lexus... Bottom line, the G35 coupe is still the best looking car out there. I decided to keep my coupe and buy a used 2008 Tacoma/4cyl/reg cab... It's a great little truck and runs like a sewing machine. I drive it every day and the gas mileage is about 25mpg, why have two cars, right? Anyways, I always wanted a Tacoma to carry stuff around in...

Well, I drive my G to church every Saturday, it is not my everyday car any longer. Make no mistake it still performs awesomely, and still love the experience when I get behind the wheel. But, premium gas and storage space pretty much determines that I take the truck every day...

A week ago, I took vacation to Austin, almost took the truck because of gas prices. Then I thought to myself why am I still keeping the G??? To make a long story short, I took the G and it was unbelievable... Trust me, nobody passed me the whole trip... I averaged about 85mph but hit about 110 between Ft Worth and Hillsboro... If you know that area, you know what I'm talking about...

Anyways, I was worried that my G wouldn't make it because of lack of usage every day.... Trust me, the G series are the most reliable cars out there.. In my eight years of ownership, I've replace numerous window motors, but no engines or major componants...

I never posted a lot, but I do still have my 04 6mt sedan. Bought new in September 03, it has always been my Friday/weekend car, so it only has 48K after 8 years. I agree that the lines, even for the sedan, are still great after 8 years.

I have recently started tracking it in HPDE (high performance drivers education) driving events, and am having a blast with it.

Mike
    G35S/6MT/DG/G/PREM

Low mileage 2003 for Sale

I just came across an owner of a 2003 6 speed Coupe with 6,800miles in one of the forums. The owner was curious as to it's value. That seems that a rare one!
    Last edited by Bocatrip; 05-16-2012 at 07:30 PM.
    2004 G35 Coupe/Ivory Pearl/Graphite/5AT/Premium/Clear Bra Original Owner SOLD 2/4/14
    2006 G35 Sedan/Ivory Pearl Original Owner Sold 1/17/17
    2017 QX50 White/Graphite every package including Tech
    2001 LS430 Silver/Grey/Nav
    2010 Jaguar XK Coupe Liquid Silver/Charcoal 7,000 miles

Wow that <is> are.
    I cmae across a 08 w/ 9800 miles lately but it was sold before i got to the dealer ( bait and switch?)