The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Sr20det/haltech/splitfire coilpacks breaking up... Dwell settings?

Sr20det/haltech/splitfire coilpacks breaking up... Dwell settings?

I have an s13 sr20det built top and bottom, running on haltech p1000 ecu. I am running the splitfire coilpack ignition upgrade and when I went to get tuned a few weeks ago it would break up on the dyno anytime the timing started to advance from base and even a little while timing was locked at 15 degrees. Last night I fiddled arounded and checked a few things, and ended up trying the factory coilpacks and harness amongst many other things. I found the coilpacks were the fix to my issue, but my question is..
    Why would brand new plug and play splitfire coilpack be doing this... I thought that maybe I needed to change the dwell settings in the haltech as most people with ls1 coils have to do, but they are sold as a plug and play kit for people with stock ecu's.

Does anyone have any input on why they'd be doing this? I checked my ground from the splitfire amplifier and it's tight and on the clean piece of metal (dashboard support).

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Pink Silvia Aero

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but did you ever get this resolved? I also have a Haltech PS1000 and was thinking about purchasing a set of Splitfires before having my car tuned.
    07 Versa SL