The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: 2003 M45 - Driver's Seat Creaking - HELP!

2003 M45 - Driver's Seat Creaking - HELP!

A few months ago my driver's side front seat starting creaking while I am driving, not sure what is causing it. I can't get it to creak once I get out of the car and move the seat myself...it only does it while I am driving. Definitely sounds like it is coming from the back part of the seat, not the bottom. Any idea what it can be? I'd be willing to buy the parts I need to fix it. Also if I need to get a new seat, what years and models other then the 03-04 M45 can I use? Appreciate any input.
    2015 Toyota Tundra Platinum (silver)
    2006 Infiniti FX45 (silver)
    2003 Infiniti M45 (silver)

It's a "common" issue with these cars (yet another "common issue"....). I fixed mine, 7-8 months of pure silence so far. The dealer will tell you it's the rails, but it's not the rails, if that was the case, greasing them would fix it. It's the hinges that allow for the "up and down" motion of the seat. I raised the seat all the way up, laid my head on the back carpet, shined a flashlight up under seat to see the hinges, sprayed with spray-lube and they haven't made a single squeak since. It's kinda hard to figure out what part they are though, so if you can reach around w/ one arm, or better yet, get someone else to move the seat up and down while you're shining the light, you'll be able to spot them right away.
    I did it my way - Frank Sinatra
    LIBERTY Vip Car Club

Mine squeaked & it was a crack in the base near where the seat bolts to the floor. I had the car in for some other work and my mechanic removed the seat and welded the crack for $45. AHHHHHH SILENCE.......

Quote Originally Posted by chitownson View Post
    Mine squeaked & it was a crack in the base near where the seat bolts to the floor. I had the car in for some other work and my mechanic removed the seat and welded the crack for $45. AHHHHHH SILENCE.......
    Seems like the seat noise can be due to a multitude different reasons. :( Did you manage to sell your M45 yet?
    2001 Eclipse Spyder GT (250k+ miles)

I hope it's not a cracked seat, I will try lubricating the hinges first and go from there if needed...fingers crossed. Ha. Will update the outcome.

I spray all the hinges I could see, no more creaking, but now I'm getting a high pitched squeak. Ha. Might have to apply some more lubricate.

barely lift the seat up vertically by taping the control on the side of the seat. save in memory and its good to go. been working for me for years:thumbup:

Yeah, I keep mine slightly above the lowest setting as well, but I haven't got any noise at any setting so far since lubing the hinges.
    LIBERTY Vip Car Club

The squeak or creaking is back...guess I didn't spray enough...next nice day I am going to town with the lithium grease spray! Ha.

yeah, I went to town with the spray, having black carpet to hide any stains is a bonus, but at the time I was like, I don't care what I stain or get spray on, I want that noise GONE. LOL. I'm going on a year now (think I did it last April), and still no squeak at all.
    LIBERTY Vip Car Club