The Nissan and Infiniti Enthusiasts Site

Thread: Lovenpain's Projects 4.5: Engine Bay Comp. (CZP 1pc Radiator Bracket)

Lovenpain's Projects 4.5: Engine Bay Comp. (CZP 1pc Radiator Bracket)

Well, I ordered this right after my initial post of my current engine bay pics. Which correlated with my recent upgrades and components relating to my engine bay. This part gave me the inspiration to stick to a sort of theme that you will see. IMHO, it mates up perfect to the unique design of my strut tower brace. Eventually, I will be buying Nissan Motorsports Rear Strut Tower Brace. You'll see why I choose that particular rear strut bar after seeing my new updated pics of my engine bay.

Now, where to begin... Lol ok. First, I want to say that normally this would be an easy install for some with an aftermarket radiator. But for me, it's been sort of a challenge lately. I kind of went through a dilemma while trying to figure how to install this bracket. I will explain through pics of course.

Here is what came in today: (CZP Performance 1pc Radiator Bracket Polished w/holes)
    I also purchased a new clip for my temprature sensor seeming my current one is very brittle. Will be installing that tomorrow..

Notice the beautiful CZP cutout on this Part. Keep that in mind as I convey my upcoming issue..lol I also think IMHO that this addition totally compliments the CZP Air Guide Plate beautifully... Love how they have their logo cut out in the metal...

So here is me mocking it up, before the actual install. There was something that just bothered me about this.

So I sat and looked at the setup for a little while.. The it hit me. Well for one, the bracket didn't sit flush against the frame of the car. Two, if I were to bend it down it would distort the polish look and piss me off. And third, I really wanted to see that damn little CZP logo to show! Lmfao

I had to figure how was I going to make the bracket sit flush on top of the radiator, mount o the sub frame, and show that logo! ... Hmm. I just removed the Brackets I recently bought from Z1 Motorsports. To replace it with this one piece from CZP. So then I played around a little.

After trying to mock up different ideas, a light bulb came on. Why don't I just put the Z1 brackets back on and see if the CZP one will fit on top!? Well guess what? It does! And what was great is that it pushed the CZP bracket up and actually centered it.. But there was a new issue that had conveyed itself..

The mounting holes where not exactly lining up with both brackets as you will see here.

So.....lol... I had to do something that made me almost sick to do. But if it was the only way I could figure to make my idea work, it just had to be done! Lmfao!

I had to cut into my brand new bracket! I figured if I gave it the ability to be adjusted while being mounted on top of the Z1 bracket. These pics are not for those who knows how much CZP parts are!

I used a bigger washer to help bend and mount the two brackets together with the frame of the car. I know it might not look pretty. But keep in mind, it'll all be hidden under the Air Guide Plate.. Technically speaking of course!

So I pulled off the protective tape, and cleaned it off as best as I could. Looks good so far.

Reinstalled the CZP Air Guide Plate and ?...Tada! It turned out better than I expected! Not only is the bracket laying flush on top of the radiator. But also semetrical, and the CZP logo is showing very nicely!

So let's recap on so e before and after shots:

Hopefully, as you see in these overall shots of the engine bay. On how that part brings it all together IMHO. I really love how it sets it all up. And I went through hell to give CZP the proper representation for their awesome parts they make for our cars! Enjoy my work..

My favorite shot!

Any questions on how or what I did, don't hesitate to ask. But I surely doubt that I haven't posted enough pics to show you how I did it all! Thanks for viewing and reading my long crap! Lmfao
    1990 Nissan フェアレディ Z32 (300zx) VG30DETT JDM
    1981 Nissan S130 280zx Turbo
    1986 Nissan 300zx Z31 Turbo
    2007 Nissan Altima S (wife's car..lol)
    2003 Nissan 350z Performance Edition (Wrecked)
    1994 Nissan Maxima GXE (Wrecked)
    Owned A lot more vehicles,
    but above are list of all the Nissans I have or had owned.
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.
    www.facebook.com/lovenpain

Ps, I forgot to mention. If you haven't noticed yet, that the hole for the hood prop is plugged up by tg Z1 bracket. Which is cool by me. I have to remove my prop and set in my passenger side. Too lazy to buy a grommet and will not dare have that prop laying in my bay anymore. As soon as I get more money, I'll be doing the hood shocks From Driven Authority Online. Guy who owns it is nice. And might help me out and get stronger shocks that will lift the hood up by itself as soon as you unlatch it. It's an idea for now. But until then I'll keep tossing my rod in my trunk! Lol
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.

That's a nice looking piece and goes well with the other things.

Les
    I was sent to the hospital for observation. I didn't observe anything so I left.

Les

Thanks my friend. I surely appreciate the comment. Trying to put things together. Also debating whether to polish my plenum or paint it black. I don't want too much red. Also would be cool if it was polished, but then again I want to set mine off and do something different. Still debating what route to go with certain parts.
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.

Black would probably look good and if for some reason you didn't like it you could always remove the paint and go with the polished look.

Les
    I was sent to the hospital for observation. I didn't observe anything so I left.

Les

Yeah! Good idea! I really didn't think of it like that. thanks Les! Will work on that tomorrow then! Or at least plan it out.
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.

man I LIKE IT!!!!
    GO black, like les said!
    Mark

2002 Q45 Sport:
    255k, IMPUL body kit, Parrot MKi9100, 05 headlamps blacked out w/ AAC Halos,Catz Zeta ballast boost on HIR high beams, Infiniti rear spoiler, rear upper window spoiler, 245/50/ZR18 tires, modded BMW 5 series hid fog projectors, burtman piano finish dash kit, X-pipe, removed rear muffler.Kenwood 150w powered sub.
    1999 XJ8 Jag VP 120k miles sold
    2007 Kia Sportage V6 LX

Thanks Mark! It amazed me as well just adding that piece helps pulls it together. Gonna figure how I am going to paint it. So some planning will take place today. For now, such a nice day.. I figure I just go cruising..

Ps. I tools some shots at dawn. When the sunsets. It sets in front of my house. I really like these shots! No filters or fixes, just natural shots.

My favorite one is this:
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.

You MUST display your car at NOPI Atlanta in September.
    We will caravan a couple FA cars from here to down from here to meet you Georgia guys then maybe i can check out your car in person. :D
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

Dont forget MultiMedia forums!!
    http://www.freshalloy.com/forumdisplay.php/55-Multi-Media-Forum

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Cool deal! And sounds like a plan! I hope they still keep the same deal as they did in the past. But grouping vehicles according to their brands!
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.

Maybe we can make a little Freshalloy stand??
    "In the end we all just play the roles given us... Sometimes they dont fit so well,... but I guess we make do."

2x91,92,94 Q45s, 2x 350Z, 1x 240SX w/ SR20DET, 1x Sentra SER SPEC-V, 2k2 Maxima, 2x03 G35, 09 Maxima, 2k2 Maxima, 2015 XTerra, 2005 Xterra, 2012 Pathfinder,

Good idea! I can make a huge banner! Seeming I do vinyl and all.
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.

Let me know if you need me send some $$ to help with the vinyl

Here's a follow up pics on the engine bay as of today.
    Even though I got the new CZP part for the radiator. Underneath the bracket the dull silver looked boring. So I tried something I have never one...
    I went in my scrap box of vinyl. Tested a few pieces. I wanted to achieve a anodized or chrome red look. In the past I would just bought a roll of red chrome vinyl. But didn't want to pay for a whole roll, when I was going to be using a little bit of it. Anyways, here are pics of the pieces of chrome vinyl painted with the Red anodized Paint from Duplicolor:

So I wanted to give the illusion that underneath the CzP 1pc radiator bracket was like a chrome red. After painting the chrome vinyl, I measured out and cut pieces to lay precisely where the HOLES cut out on the bracket. Removes all the cZp pieces, then applied my custom vinyl. Here is a before pic of the top portion of the aluminum radiator:

Here are pics of the vinyl laid on top of the radiator:

Here is what it looks like Reid talking the CZP bracket:

Here are pics when everything back together:

It looks as thought the red pieces glow from the holes:

I also replaced the temp sensor clip with a new one. The little pieces makes a little difference. And that it fixed my coolant oem fan issue:

Also tested the black paint ideas on the radiator upper and lower pipes after I finished up the chrome red project:
    Before shots:

After painting was done:

After paint was dried and cured:

So by doing so, the idea OD painting the plenum is definately a go. Will start on that sometime this week. I have Jury duty tomorrow so can't wait till that's over! Lol
    My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.

Did more painting today, and will finish it up tomorrow. Worked around the Hicas Area today.

Here is the before shots of the area:

Here is how I tackled the actual Hicas Unit. Rather making a big mess. I just used one of my shop towels and wrap the surround area.

Painted and cleared the brackets and washers:

Also painted the Power Steering resevior cap:

Finished painting the Hicas Unit:

After drying, I removed the towel and painters tape. Reinstalled the cap.

Got the Hicas bracket ready:

And resinstalled everything back. Also did some spot painting some of the bolts black:

Going to paint the rest black, and the resevior black tomorrow. Will definatley look better. The red on the Hicas unit, will eventually get brighter as it cures. Here are the updated overall pics:

My cardomain page
    My 350z car domain page.